Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

ferratilis

Magister
Latest version of openxray + Original Guns Reanimated also seems like a good choice for vanilla experience. If you can live with original gun sounds, which OGR didn't change.

Usually, I'd recommend OWR3, but it introduces problems of its own, even though it has the best guns.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just reinstalled Call of Pripyat. What mods should I install into the game?

Depends what you want really. SGM isn't bad for a soup type experience.

If you just want something vanilla, I'd echo some of the recommendations in this thread. Absolute series of texture mods and Atmosfear. One of the weapon mod packs.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Is Gunslinger compatible with Atmosfear and Absolute Nature? Also, is Gunslinger in English?
it comes with Absolute Nature in recent versions
Atmosfear - dunno
english - weapon descriptions etc. only have an "unofficial" translation that comes with the latest installer i believe

Puukko

Arcane
Grabbed a custom install of Anomaly 1.5.1 since it was downloadable via torrent. Nothing too crazy in there, the usual weapon, sound and grafix mods, but also something that completely disables the usual HUD elements and you don't get a starting PDA either. Now I'm not a hardcore survivalist by any means but I do like my immershun and from that point of view having to rely on gut feeling and various graphical effects over on screen meters to figure out that my dude is parched as all hell was pretty cool (I initially misdiagnosed it as being due to medkit side effects). It definitely takes some time to get a hang of how to take care of your character this way but I may just end up preferring it eventually.

Curiously, Sidorovich has infinite money and buys at 100% value which definitely seems like an oversight or some custom change by the modlist author, but who knows. Money definitely helps, but it won't put the best gear on the table.

ADL

Prophet
There are small elements of Anomaly I dislike but the ease of use and stability of their 64-bit X-Ray engine fork makes up for those minor grievances.

Puukko

Arcane
I just had what may have been my best two hours of STALKER ever, the kind of emergent greatness that makes you fall in love with the game. What was meant to be a simple document retrieval from bloodsucker village turned into a tense firefight against half a dozen Monolith with my greedy ass being overburdened and using an unreliable 30% condition shotty while dodging fire anomalies. Afterwards, I managed to haul all the loot back to Rostok in the pitch black darkness while blowouts and psi storms somehow always started at the most inopportune of times. The whole flow of it was just so organic and immersive. I'll double down on my earlier comment in favor of HUDlessness.

Before that, I made a detour through Darkscape which is an area I had never visited before and got a rude surprise in the form of a sneaky controller in the middle of the woods while in a thunderstorm. Having zombies approach while an incoming blowout warning message appears and being unable to peek out for more than a second almost made me want to cry for mommy, but I somehow survived, only to die to dogs a bit later...

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I just had what may have been my best two hours of STALKER ever, the kind of emergent greatness that makes you fall in love with the game. What was meant to be a simple document retrieval from bloodsucker village turned into a tense firefight against half a dozen Monolith with my greedy ass being overburdened and using an unreliable 30% condition shotty while dodging fire anomalies. Afterwards, I managed to haul all the loot back to Rostok in the pitch black darkness while blowouts and psi storms somehow always started at the most inopportune of times. The whole flow of it was just so organic and immersive. I'll double down on my earlier comment in favor of HUDlessness.

Before that, I made a detour through Darkscape which is an area I had never visited before and got a rude surprise in the form of a sneaky controller in the middle of the woods while in a thunderstorm. Having zombies approach while an incoming blowout warning message appears and being unable to peek out for more than a second almost made me want to cry for mommy, but I somehow survived, only to die to dogs a bit later...

What mod did you use? Anomaly?

Puukko

Arcane

As mentioned above, yes. The custom modlist found in this video's description specifically:

Curratum

As mentioned above, yes. The custom modlist found in this video's description specifically:

God, what even IS this monochrome bullshit? Fucking Anomaly, man...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

To be fair, that's not what base Anomaly looks like. That looks like one of the mod compilations.

Puukko

Arcane

I don't have that reshade and I agree, I'm using the agressor preset. Was just the first video in my history.

Curratum

Ah, sorry, didn't realize it was a reshade. I thought this is what 1.5.1 looks like. I clicked play on the embedded video and didn't see the whole title.

Puukko

Arcane
STALKER may very well hold up the best of all the games of its era, visually speaking. With plenty of help of course.

Anomaly-Screenshot-2021-04-13-01-16-50-50.jpg

Anomaly-Screenshot-2021-04-15-00-34-51-10.jpg

Anomaly-Screenshot-2021-04-15-00-34-51-10.jpg

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So I've been having some performance issues with Call of Pripyat.
Even though I have vsync on, there is still screen tearing and its really annoying. Is there a mod that fixes the technical side of things and make it a little more stable? Like, fix the coil whine on main menu and allow vsync to actually work?

Does anomaly have those issues too? Or is it better optimized as its using its own set of files and engine?
What's a good and simple combination of mods for Anomaly anyway?
I tried having a look at it and there's a massive list of addons that seem superfluous. I really just want stability, bug fixes, magazines, guns and better textures. I don't want bullet time or tacticool armor and shit.

Last edited:

Puukko

Arcane
There are a bunch of ready made addon packs for Anomaly for different strokes. I recommend checking out this channel for gameplay videos that cover a few of them: https://www.youtube.com/c/4KHDRRTXGamingBenchmarkChannel/videos

I am personally using the gun overhaul which is not the most fitting name as it makes a number of other changes too but I have been largely happy with it. It has bullet time yes, but I found that to be dumb and unfitting so I've simply not been using it. No magazines, not entirely sure if any of these packs have them. Installation for this particular pack was literally as simple as downloading and extracting via torrent. I just added enhanced shaders and Reshade myself.

The only technical hurdle I encountered with Anomaly regarding the graphics was that motion blur seemed to be broken - even at the very lowest setting, it applied a really ugly blur when zooming in that almost made me give up on scopes until I figured that was the issue.

I've had two crashes over some 20-25 hours. One at the army warehouses where googling suggested a patrol was bugged and caused crashes when I got too close and it gave instructions on how to use the console to remove NPCs, but I just left the area and returned later and it was absolutely fine. Another was at the entrance to the darkscape which didn't seem to repeat.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Even though I have vsync on, there is still screen tearing and its really annoying. Is there a mod that fixes the technical side of things and make it a little more stable? Like, fix the coil whine on main menu and allow vsync to actually work?

Does anomaly have those issues too? Or is it better optimized as its using its own set of files and engine?
I tried having a look at it and there's a massive list of addons that seem superfluous. I really just want stability, bug fixes, magazines, guns and better textures. I don't want bullet time or tacticool armor and shit.
You could force vsync on with your video card. There's also free windows software you can get which caps your fps too. I used to use it for an old game.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

You could force vsync on with your video card. There's also free windows software you can get which caps your fps too. I used to use it for an old game.

Tried that with AMD, still screen tearing. It's as if CoP really wants to screen tear. Chill seems to be working fine though. My fans suddenly going nuts 10 hours in for no reason, but then I activated Chill and it got the fans to work properly. Does nothing for the coil whine on the main menu though.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Vsync's broken, like many other things. Here:
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:_Call_of_Pripyat#Video

I read about that, but I'm using the steam version so it should already have been patched to 1.6.0.2

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Vsync's broken, like many other things. Here:
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:_Call_of_Pripyat#Video

I read about that, but I'm using the steam version so it should already have been patched to 1.6.0.2

Might be worth using Open X-Ray depending on how modded your game is. It fixes a lot of stuff.

Open X-Ray works with about 75% of the mods out the box now. It's a bit less forgiving of Lua errors than the default engine, so poorly scripted mods sometimes have issues.

I've been able to get SGM 1.6 to 2.1 working on Open X-Ray, but last time I tried SGM 2.2 it didn't work.

mkultra

Augur

But it's an "Autumn reshade"!!!! and like everyone knows who's been outside the cellar, autumn has almost no color, the world turns black and white!

oh, wait.. it's the most colorful season of all :oops:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The revolver in halflife was the best gun ever

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom