Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Which Jet Ski do you prefer guys and why? What matters to you the most: its stats according your build or just some other preferences? I like Glow - it looks nice and has some nice balance between speed and stability. But I'm scraching my head again anyway while choosing this time.
The fastest one. They can hit me if I'm far away, lol

And yes, I've stormed Native beaches on it

Tygrende

Arbiter
Hit'n'run isn't always viable on skis. Serpents are submerged so you can do little to them before they get a turn and they move for almost free. There's also pirate raids with snipers on the boats you're raiding. Patroller gets ~120 MP with top tier engines and light load, anyways.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Which Jet Ski do you prefer guys and why? What matters to you the most: its stats according your build or just some other preferences? I like Glow - it looks nice and has some nice balance between speed and stability. But I'm scraching my head again anyway while choosing this time.
get one with turbo. Torpedo if you play pure melee. If versatility, then consider something a bit slower, like phaser - it will still cap melee penalty while allowing better shooting.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Hit'n'run isn't always viable on skis. Serpents are submerged so you can do little to them before they get a turn and they move for almost free. There's also pirate raids with snipers on the boats you're raiding. Patroller gets ~120 MP with top tier engines and light load, anyways.
I fought serpents on Torpedo using Aegis helmet + Protectorate ChemUnit Armor + Biohazard Boots. 100% immunity to Wyrms and Heartbreakers; Lepers lack ranged attack

With snipers, use cover

CHEMS

Scholar

Depends on the playthrough... My fave is the Plasma Leviator because of its slot parts. You can use a size 3 suspension on it. Glow is nice too. I like the torpedo for hit and run builds. Aegis is the best overall, though.

Devastator is overrated.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ok. Been using my pistolero build and holy fuck it has been taking everything out fairly easily. Psionics will own me if I give them a chance, so I've got to move it double time and take them out first. Other than that, I'm dominating every pipeworker out there.

CHEMS

Scholar
Ok. Been using my pistolero build and holy fuck it has been taking everything out fairly easily. Psionics will own me if I give them a chance, so I've got to move it double time and take them out first. Other than that, I'm dominating every pipeworker out there.
That's hardcore man, can you wreck shit with the silenced 5mm smart neoluger? I could do around 100 damage with it on this build.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
"We added an interesting adventure and resolution to players who get... genetically compromised during their time in Underrail. Where and how is for you guys to find out (it does require the Expedition DLC though)."

Anyone doing or done this quest line?

CHEMS

Scholar
God DAMN using Balor's Hammer is Satisfying

yV8vx70.jpg

Tygrende

Arbiter
So how do you get the strength required to use it?
10 base
6 level ups
2 veteran feat
1 rathound regalia or 2 exoskeleton
1 from various STR foods or 2 from junkyard surprise
2 adrenaline or 4 vitality powder
2 supersoldier drug

And you don't need 20 - 19 is just fine, 18 is still kinda ok but pushing it.

CHEMS

Scholar
man, first time i died to laser cats i laughed so hard i almost spilt my brew :D

They are actually hard if you're not prepared for it. High initiative, fast attacks and the lasers really hurt. I always hurl a napalm bomb and they run into the fire like idiots

So how do you get the strength required to use it?

Max strength + food. I don't have all 20 strength required, but the penalty is manageable. I have around 80% accuracy with it, if someone has high dodge, i pop an adrenaline to get it up to 90%. You'll miss sometimes, but everytime you hit you'll kill something.

CHEMS

Scholar
They are actually hard if you're not prepared for it. High initiative, fast attacks and the lasers really hurt. I always hurl a napalm bomb and they run into the fire like idiots
There are cages nearby - put them all in the cages before they aggro. Last three or four will aggro based on trigger, but there's stealth for that.

Nah, rather chuck a molotov and fuck em

On a unrelated subject: are spears any good or just a meme? I still have that spear achievement to get but i never felt like making a spear build. Melee is fun overall, but is hell on expedition.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
On a unrelated subject: are spears any good or just a meme? I still have that spear achievement to get but i never felt like making a spear build. Melee is fun overall, but is hell on expedition.
there was a vid of dominating spear with temporal manipulation destroying THE naga fight.

spears are o top of my backlog... for a while though

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If it's Melee, something with Turbo is a must. The top three fastest jet skis are kind of a wash, just choose the one that has the best balance of stats. For ranged builds, I prefer the Glow, since it has the best balance of speed, durability, and stability for me. Just be careful because the Phaser and Glow make it so you can't use ambush/can get ambushed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom