Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pixelot hits Steam

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Kyle Berger; Pixelot

Pixelot has been released on Steam. The game features 6 classes, recruiting NPCs, 15 dungeons and a plethora of items to obtain. There's even a post-game for those who just can't get enough playing after the story ends. It normally will run you $14.99US, but it's currently on sale for 30% off. Here's some trailer and info action:

Pixelot is a classic RPG that combines the best parts of old school role-playing games. In Pixelot you create a custom hero and gather allies to defend against the darkness that has swept over the land of Pixelot. The game features numerous recruitable characters, playable classes, items, monsters, and dungeons alike. Promising an engaging story line, humorous dialogue, and a classic yet simple design, Pixelot is a game that is easy to pick up and hard to put down.​

I can't say I've ever been in love with old school JRPG combat, but to each their own.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I hate to rag on yet another game's graphical looks, because its not like I'm a hard person to please in that department, but it is really that hard for people to invest a little time in learning pixel art? Because this looks like the guy took one attempt at everything, then said done without refining it any further.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
I can't say I've ever been in love with old school JRPG combat, but to each their own.

Then why are you posting this random garbage that no one gives a fuck? (Sorry, 2 people of the 22.675 members actually give a fuck)

The funny thing is that we cuss GOG for all of those indie garbage games and weird anime dating sim stuff they are constantly bringing and the codex front page is slowly becoming worst than GOG. Dude, seriously WTF are you doing?
Did you got the infinitron flu? Do you need help?

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Pixelot has been in developemrnt for 3 years according to some timestamp youtube vids. I saw this recent vid though.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
It's a nice casual game.
Not too difficult, but there is a slight level difficult sometimes.
It's really relaxing to play, it's easy enough to pick up. You don't need to save the game. Every time you close the game, it continues exactly from where you closed it.

So basically, when you are tired from your shitty neighbors doing noise, and politics, and working, you can pick it up, play it a little, very easy very relaxing. Then quit and be back to your daily chores a little bit more positive.

Edit: Dialogs are funny and fun to read. A bit 4th wall.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Anyone know how to contact Kyle Burger? I emailed him, but I never get emails back when emailing business emails.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom