Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Colony Ship gets some SplatterCatting

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game; Iron Tower Studios

SplatterCatGaming has posted an early look at Colony Ship for those who want to get a video look at the game. The game, for those who want a hands on look, will be available on Tuesday April 6th, 2021.

Holy smokes. I do love that character screen. Man, oh, man. Look at them stats.

this game comes out day after tomorrow? Holy fucking shit, that is fucking amazing news! I am so stoked!

edit:

oh, EA...

oh well..okay...so another year...

:negative:

Drowed

Arcane
Kinda naughty, not making it clear in the news that the game is coming out on Early Access. Not that it is difficult to figure out, but it is one of the most relevant points of the release.

But great news anyway. :salute:

Sratopotator

Savant
Oh boy, oh boy, cannot wait!

One question:
Does anyone know if the conversation UI will get a bit of a rework? Seems very strange that the text is located in the upper right, along with the portrait. Maybe DE spoiled me in the area of good dialog UI, but dammit, seems like a very 'controversial' decision.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So Vault Dweller how much content are we getting in this "first chapter"? When I'm neither frantically clicking away the dialogue nor fiddling with party creation for two days how many hours, ballpark number?

Also is the game complete feature-wise? No major gameplay elements will be added with subsequent chapters?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Kinda naughty, not making it clear in the news that the game is coming out on Early Access. Not that it is difficult to figure out, but it is one of the most relevant points of the release.

I probably should have mentioned Early Access, but I'm honestly at the point where that term means nothing to me. I've bought EA games that were solid and playable and they just add features as it goes. I've also bought some full release games from both independent and AAA publishers that were horribly, horribly buggy and broken. Some of those add things and improve the game beyond release, like No Man's Sky did. I know what the point of it was when Steam originally made it, and it's more a problem with the AAA publishers than anything else, but one entity's definition of Early Access is completely different from another's, and some of the definitions of release candidate are worse than another's definition of Early Access.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So Vault Dweller how much content are we getting in this "first chapter"? When I'm neither frantically clicking away the dialogue nor fiddling with party creation for two days how many hours, ballpark number?

Also is the game complete feature-wise? No major gameplay elements will be added with subsequent chapters?
I honestly can't say as the last few months have been a blur. I'll start my final pre-release run today to test the latest changes and let you know how long it takes. The game is feature-complete.

How do I get it on GOG?

Only saw Steam so far
It will probably go live on the release day. Internally it's done, the store page is set, the build was tested by their QA team, etc.

Does anyone know if the conversation UI will get a bit of a rework? Seems very strange that the text is located in the upper right, along with the portrait. Maybe DE spoiled me in the area of good dialog UI, but dammit, seems like a very 'controversial' decision.
If we have time, maybe. Right now the focus is on adding locations and sticking with the update schedule.

Maxie

Such a jubilant occassion, the honour of paying to beta-test will be bestowed on the daring few

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Such a jubilant occassion, the honour of paying to beta-test will be bestowed on the daring few

At least it's for a worthy cause, and it's a morally superior decision to make as opposed to, say, pre-ordering shit like Cyberpunk.

I preordered Cyberpunk.

matthew-cries.gif

Belboz

Literate
Good. In the meantime, I'm playing The Age of Decadence, assassin style.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom