Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Outriders - co-op RPG shooter from People Can Fly

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Isn't this release amazing? I just watched streamer who got it, and he had totally blast from watching 30 minutes sign up screen. Also getting message disconnected from servers even when he didn't even started to sign in.

ADL

Prophet
It was absolute dogshit yesterday until they fixed it in the afternoon and it remained stable and played well for the rest of the night. Haven't tried today.
It's online-only, but not a live services game. So it has the worst parts of both put together with nothing to stop cheaters.
I have pretty much zero interest in playing post-story content in a game that does nothing to prevent cheating.
I read an article that they're "branding" cheaters with a UI watermark and grouping them together with other cheaters once detected similar to Dark Souls 2, haven't followed up on it. Unfortunately it sounds like you're able to cheat as long as you're not stupid about it granting an impossible level of legendaries at once. I had a similar mentality behind playing aRPGs cooperatively as those tend to store character data client-side as well. Sucks.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So real question, which game has more multiplayer issues, this or Remnant: from the ashes?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sounds cool, I like the idea of playing as a technomancer summoning turrets and sniping enemies but WHERE IS THE RPG IN THIS GAME??????

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I was sceptical at first, but it is really fun and the environments are awesome.

Just for the record I am not much of a fan of Remnant from the Ashes. I got bored with that game quickly. This game is much faster paced and can be challenging with the dynamic difficulty, which you can select at any time.

Grab that Ranger's gear and toss up the world difficulty until pain ensues.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
What obnoxiously delusional, poorly thought out propaganda the writing is. These guys are from Poland? Feels like California.

ADL

Prophet
Grim Dawn is in here so why not? There's some solid build variety in this from what I've seen.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Oh no. I can't believe this just happened!

bTnL1ET.png

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Been playing this on gamepass, it's been quite fun experience.

The main character is similar to renegade shepard but even more of a dick. The story is typical grim dark sci-fi but with an 80's action hero vibe. Dunno who the voice actor for the main character is, but he nails the "badass with no fucks to give" vibe.

It's a pretty big campaign, very heavy on story and with linear progression, each zone has a couple of main quests, side quests and bounties, offering pretty diverse level design, with trench battlefields, forests, mountains, urban areas, etc.

The character progression system is divided into 4 classes, each very different, with big skill trees that promote different builds.

Builds play an important role, especially with the gear system. Each gear piece has, with the exception of common and regular quality loot, has mod slots that vary in number, mods are designed to synergize between each other and make so pretty overpowered combos.

Gameplay, contrary to the extensive presence of cover through the levels, promotes constant agression. You need to be constantly on the move, killing and using abilities, so that your heals trigger. Sitting back and popping shots only works with the technomancer class, but even then, the grenades, mortars and melee enemies force you out of cover frequently, the other classes force you to get up close to kill and heal.

Performance on the series x is silky smooth and load times are done in a couple of seconds.

Also, the game is not mp, it's a single player diablo style action rpg with co op that you can host or can join other people's sessions. Imagine a mix of gears of war, diablo and mass effect, with a heavy focus on story.

Expect a 30-40 hour experience, more if you engage in the endgame.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
All the big streamers are pushing this pile of shit.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
It is a really fun game. Difficulty balance is done really well, as is the loot system, and environments. Almost level 30.

If you even have a passing interest in looter shooters then this game is a must play.

I almost wasn't going to bother with this game.

Decided to continue my devastator warden from the demo. Had to beat the first real boss (fire spider) hipfiring with a revolver because my shotgun eats ammo faster than the drops can replenish and the boss stays on the walls shooting at you from far away for 90% of the fight.:dance:

tumblr_ovko4gXp1N1wn2p68o1_500.gifv

Then I lost my HUD and the ability to vault over obstacles because programming is hard.

A funny thing is that the feathers that the bird minibosses shoot count as projectiles so deflecting those almost one-shots them.

Crafting system is nice, I got a blue-rarity mask that came with a "automatically triggers Golem when HP is low" perk. I upgraded it to purple rarity and it gained another perk slot, then I dismantled another piece with a golem-related perk and slotted that in the mask. This costs a bunch of materials (including all of the rare one I got from the boss) but means you can realistically come up with a set that looks nice and does what you want it to.

The "leaving mission area" message made me laugh. "DON'T LEAD ENEMIES TOWARDS YOUR ALLIES!".

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The mod system let's you setup some ridiculously overpowered combos.

Take my technomancer for example, his toxic bullets ability changed the ammo of your gun so it shoots toxic rounds that do high damage, for one clip. But if you mod a piece of armor with the right mod, it gives you another ammo clip, even better there is another mod that replenishes 40% of your ammo clip if you kill a mob affected by the toxic debuff. That means the ability never ends when you use it... It chews through any elite mob or boss in seconds even in the highest world tiers.

Also, you can mod the weapons to heal you with each hit and do area damage on impact, allied to the heal mechanic of the technomancer that heals the player for all damage done, you are always at full health.

Completely broken balance wise but a joy to play.

Takamori

Learned
I'm impressed that so many players and the game is reviewed as mixed.
People are either desperate for a game or they are a bunch of cucks that will eat shit while complaining about eating shit instead of simply not consuming it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
People are either desperate for a game or they are a bunch of cucks that will eat shit while complaining about eating shit instead of simply not consuming it.

People are desperate.

Codex Year of the Donut
nearly every gamedev decided to use the coof as an excuse to delay their game by an extra 15 years so anything that actually releases will get a ton of sales

It's a fun game...when it works.

54mq8hx1obs61.png

2xh92tx8mcs61.png

There's an inventory wipe bug apparently caused by autosaving, and the patch might have made it worse. Mostly during matchmaking but players report it can happen on solo play as well. Cross platform matchmaking is currently disabled. Oh, and they nerfed the more OP x-bullet builds, but it's a blanked nerf that affects the weaker classes that relied on those to stay viable...while also making the time limits stricter for gold medal on the hardest missions because people were clearing those too fast, which means the OP builds are more necessary than ever.

Outriders Post Launch Dev News Updates : outriders (reddit.com)

Inventory Wipes & Restoration:
We believe that the rate of this bug appearing should be greatly reduced once the upcoming patch has been published.

Since the recent patch we have seen an increase in reports of this issue and are investigating it urgently.

We still intend to run a one-off mass restoration so anyone affected by this will still see their items restored. Here are our intentions for this restoration:

• Restoration should take place on a specific day and should be a one-time event
    • The exact date is TBC but we’re hoping for this to occur in the coming week(s)

• We will update you when we have confirmation of date and timings

• We will only be able to restore the most valuable tiers of items lost, e.g. Epics and Legendaries.
      • We will be unlikely to restore an inventory full of blue gear.
    • The restoration should be additive to your inventory. It should not replace your current inventory.

• Restored items may not be have the exact same stats as the lost items
Note that restoration will not be possible for items that were acquired but where the game connection was terminated before an autosave could complete as those items would never have made it into your server inventory/our logs. Such suspended autosaving is noticeable when the yellow autosave icon stays active for a longer period of time.

For any individual restorations that were missed, or that occur in future, we plan to equip our teams to help on an ad hoc basis.

Please note that these are our intentions that we are providing here for transparency. While we will try our hardest to make things right, we unfortunately cannot make guarantees for the specifics of the above or the timeline of this, as we may run into technical difficulties that delay our work.

The Accolades Wipe issue is something we're again looking into whether we can run as part of such a one-off restoration or whether we will need to tackle these cases on a one-to-one basis. Accolades are a more complex piece of data per profile than a piece of equipment, so working through a solution here is taking a little more time.

Re-balancing:
This re-balancing work can be implemented through backend updates, does not require a patch, and will be run during today’s maintenance window.

IMPORTANT: Balancing is done by a separate team to those who are working hard on preparing the patches. Re-balancing does not impact our progress towards patches or reduce our ability to resolve bugs.

General Balance Notes:
  • Historian, bounty hunt, and monster hunt quests no longer grant Legendary items for each subsequent completion
    • While rewarding players for completing all the Historian, bounty hunt, and monster hunt quests is still our intention, we did observe unintended results when players repeated this activity in combination with a specific multiplayer bug.

• With this rewards adjustment we want to eliminate this exploit behaviour while still making that quest line worth the effort.

• Players who took advantage of this exploit will not be punished.

• Adjusted loot on specific enemies: Tooka Beast, Splittooth, Sandshifter and Coldclaw
    • These particular beasts are being too generous considering the required effort to take them down.

• Chem Plant - Expedition time for Gold/Silver/Bronze adjusted to 650 / 1150 / 1500 seconds (Previously: 957 / 1303 / 1650)

• Boom Town - Expedition time for Gold/Silver/Bronze adjusted to 390 / 589 / 776 seconds (Previously: 422 / 607 / 792)
    • Some Expeditions seem to be too generous in their required completion times when compared to others.

• We want to avoid such disproportionate discrepancies, as we believe making all expeditions viable leads to a more diverse and thus more interesting endgame.

• Critical Rating Damage Multiplier on Tactical Assault Rifle reduced to 165% (Previously: 175%)

• Critical Rating Damage Multiplier on Marksman Rifle reduced to 250% (Previously: 300%)
    • Marksman Rifles with a 300% crit rate showed up to be dominating multiple crit builds. By making the modifier the same as for a Bolt Action Rifle, we want to offer players more options when choosing what gun to use.

• Duration of the Massacre AP buff has been reduced to 3 seconds
    • This is a temporary measure until we have fixed an issue with the stacking cap.
Bullet abilities (Twisted Rounds, Blighted Rounds and Volcanic Rounds):
While we fully intend to provide the overpowered feel for the best builds out there, we are also committed to making sure that there is build diversity in the top performing builds.

Late in the demo lifecycle, we discovered a bug with regards to the bullet augmentation abilities damage calculation formula. While we fixed this bug, some unforeseen imbalances were unfortunately introduced, which has led to bullet based abilities vastly outperforming other skills. The main problem with this is that such bullet based builds require much less investment to make them "top tier", compared to other builds.

To achieve this, we have made a couple of adjustments for the Trickster and Technomancer classes, who benefit the most from their bullet abilities power. It's uncertain as to whether these changes will prove too strong or too weak, so please do consider this to be only the first step, as we will continue monitoring and adjusting them in the future. Just like you, we hope to see more inspiring and crazy combinations of Abilities and Mods!

• The base cooldown of the Twisted Rounds skill has increased to 25 seconds (Previously: 16 seconds)
    • While infinite uptime on bullets abilities was always our intention, it is intended to be high risk, high reward playstyle. However, given the current power of this skill, there is very little risk involved in this ability given its short cooldown, even when players fail to trigger ammo replenishment. Increasing its cooldown in combination with adjusting its damage should increase that risk and make this playstyle a more thrilling experience.
  • The Trickster's Hero Tree nodes: - Disruptive Firepower, Scion of Power, Outrider Executioner - have had their power reduced to 35% (Previously: 50%)
    • The combination of Twisted Rounds' increase of firepower on top of the multipliers provided by the class tree lead to huge increases of damage dealt by this ability. While we do understand the satisfaction this kind of power can bring, it is currently vastly outperforming our wildest expectations and we therefore need to bring it down a notch.
  • "Vulnerable" status - Power reduced to 15% (Previously: 25%)

• The Technomancer Hero Tree node -"Damage Against Poison" - has had its power reduced to 15% (Previously: 30%)
    • While the Technomancer's Blighted Rounds do not provide any damage increase on their own other than ignoring armor as Anomaly Damage, they do provide an excellent tool for spreading the Vulnerable and Toxic statuses. which in turn can scale out of proportion.
  • The Pyromancer Hero Tree Node - "Trial of Ashes" - has been reduced 15% extra damage (Previously: 30%)

Oh and this issue that I'm not going to embed due to autoplay.

Getting cornered by enemies and not being able to move is really annoying : outriders (reddit.com)

Just WHY! LMFAOO : outriders (reddit.com)

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I reached the level cap today, 30, but world tier leveling has been too slow since I reached tier 13, kills give too few exp. I imagine I'm reaching the endgame so it's disappointing that I won't reach world tier 15 without grinding.

The gear system also has some inconsistencies, you get some legendary weapon drops but only one legendary armor reward, from the monster bounty quest line.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
In-depth from Upper Echelon Gamers:-

I'm not totally averse to looter-shooters-with-superhero-powers - I was bang into Warframe for a couple of years - but the art design in this looks generic as fuck. Also looks really slow yomping around like a snail (as opposed to Warframe's incredible speed).

Bara

Arcane
Gun play feels better in destiny but I've enjoyed the loot and character abilities way more in Outriders. Except for snipers I enjoy using sniper rifles way more in Outriders for some reason.

Decent time waster if your between games and don't have any specific one to really focus on. Curious to see how they handle post game content and if it'll be fear of missing out season pass bullshit like Destiny with "had to be there" to play the story missions and know whats even going on in the plot anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom