Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ CrackWatch shuts down because so few video games are releasing

i agree about lack of aaas, i was talking about their disappearance (and deep suckage) a couple months ago, but i've never seen as many releases as lately, every day waves after waves of new titles. all of them useless crap, but still if nforce had still been alive it'd have been drowned.

ferratilis

Magister
Currently, Elex 2 and Silksong are the only games worth looking forward to. Don't need any watch for that, let alone crackwatch. The wallet is ready, just release them ffs.

Dodo1610

Arcane
21 hasn't had big release aside from MH Rise and Outriders

So far I have only bought: Kaze and the wildmasks, Loop Hero, Nioh 2 and the Kingdom Hearts Remaster. I don't remember ever getting so few in one quarter.

fork

Currently, Elex 2 and Silksong are the only games worth looking forward to. Don't need any watch for that, let alone crackwatch. The wallet is ready, just release them ffs.

I really hope Silksong will come close to Hollow Knight. It's actually the only game I'm looking forward to, I think, since I'm convinced Elden Ring will be shit.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Okay weeaboos.

22636.jpg

:hmmm:

Gregz

Arcane
Is there a definitive list of AAA shops? I would guess not as it's a vague classification to begin with.

In 2020 I played five excellent RPGs (or RPG-adjacents).
  • The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos - Artefacts Studio
  • Hades - Supergiant
  • Monster Train - Shiny Shoe
  • Erannorth Reborn - Spyridon Thalassinos
  • Chronicon - Subworld
None of those are AAA. Great games are still being made, but not by the big studios.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Indie games are mostly shit too.

Technically correct, but they're putting out way more worthwhile and wholesome games than AAA and AA. It's THE market right now even though there's still a hell of a lot of shit.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Is there a definitive list of AAA shops? I would guess not as it's a vague classification to begin with.

In 2020 I played five excellent RPGs (or RPG-adjacents).
  • The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos - Artefacts Studio
  • Hades - Supergiant
  • Monster Train - Shiny Shoe
  • Erannorth Reborn - Spyridon Thalassinos
  • Chronicon - Subworld
None of those are AAA. Great games are still being made, but not by the big studios.
Not to mention Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children, the Codex's #3 RPG of 2020, voted ahead of Naheulbeuk although it has even less exploration and is really more of a squad-based tactics game with extensive RPG character-related elements.

xHpvssG.jpg

2rjTYVX.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
Piracy finally vanquished by the lack of releases and people not even giving a fuck about them to even pirate the few AAA left .

Codex Year of the Donut
Not to mention Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children, the Codex's #3 RPG of 2020, voted ahead of Naheulbeuk although it has even less exploration and is really more of a squad-based tactics game with extensive RPG character-related elements.
Troubleshooter was #2 in the poll that mattered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom