Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

ALSO does anyone know if hardcore mode's extra XP makes up for the increased skill checks if you cheese Actual Art Degree, Wompty-Dompty Dom Centre and Jamais Vu? I haven't played hardcore mode yet but I might try now but the most important thing is content high skill checks unlock.
I'm playing on hardcore and I'm being a communist art cop to MAXIMIZE THEM XP GAINS (Also conveniently the polar opposite of my first character anyway) and I can't really say if they make up for the increased skill checks, but they do pay for themselves if you consider one skill point is worth a thought-slot. Art degree does at least. It's been long enough since my previous run I can't say with confidence how much harder the difficulty checks are so I haven't got a good sense of how much higher you need to pump skills, but since the "Pay for themselves" threshold mechanically is just getting a single level's worth of XP out of them, they're worthwhile. The most important part of course is just picking whatever fits your Harry and even on hardcore rolling with the punches, but from a powergaming perspective they're good.

Should I play this game?
Yes, it's the best storyfag RPG in ages. Runner-up would probably be Torment Numa Numa which is more flawed than Disco or PST but still has some cool shit in it.

Vatnik Wumao
:obviously: And this why I love this game:
bTf4eO9.jpg
jsnjuKf.jpg

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Yeah, keep defending the retarded shit game. Not only no gameplay, but now wasting money on voice acting all the dialog. lel
You'll note that it's only the vatniks who shill for this "RPG".
If you guys wanna be communists that's fine, however I will not abide trying to sneak in non-RPGs into RPG discussions. Lines are drawn.

fork

Yeah, keep defending the retarded shit game. Not only no gameplay, but now wasting money on voice acting all the dialog. lel
You'll note that it's only the vatniks who shill for this "RPG".

Noted that about a year ago. And there are some vatnik standpoints which are worth discussing, so I thought to myself, 'well, let them enjoy their high-brow rpg or whatever.' But now that this is getting the enhanced edition treatment with full voice over and everything and they keep defending it, I just can't help myself from mocking these retarded subhumans, lel.

KVVRR

Learned
how is it that this game is 3 years old and people are still getting filtered by the fucking politics
I live in a third world shithole in south america, in my language "putin" literally means homosexual. why the fuck do you brainlets think I'm a vatnik or whatever

Vatnik Wumao
how is it that this game is 3 years old and people are still getting filtered by the fucking politics
I live in a third world shithole in south america, in my language "putin" literally means homosexual. why the fuck do you brainlets think I'm a vatnik or whatever
If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. :M

Gradenmayer

Learned
Ok, I finished second playthrough and there is not much changed except political quests/dialogues and voice acting.

Confrontation and couple other impossible checks I had gripes with did not get changed.

ChaDargo

Arcane
I am butthurt, yeah, butthurt that there are so many retards on the Codex sucking off these faggot devs.
What a shame.

I think you'll survive.

But I wish you wouldn't.

Uhh, deep, faggit. I'm hurt. Even more than before. Keep going.

It was a joke. I haven't even played the game yet. You come off as a petulant child who thinks people liking some video game is a moral travesty. I wanted to poke you a bit because it's funny.

Polyphemus

Educated
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am that the developers of a text-heavy near-great game that contained in-jokes about cut or additional content (the abandoned game studio + the Delta Logistics Company truck) devoted its resources to an inferior voice over rather than taking those extra steps to bring the game over the line. I understand that the game was ambitious in its conception, but only so much of that shows in the final product, which is short and lacks reactivity.

I have 34 hours in Disco Elysium across two playthroughs where I read everything I could and made my decisions as different as I could, only to find that nothing really changes. If not for that realization, I would consider it one of my favorite games. If this really is the "final cut," I am disappointed by that.

Terenty

Liturgist
Yeah, you can't change a lot in the story with your actions etc., but i still dig how there's a lot of small scale reactivity like
Kim commenting on you running instead of walking, wearing only one shoe for the whole day or acknowledging the order in which you did some things, etc
It kinda creates this cohesive, seamless narrative.

I'm replaying the game for the first time since 2019 with different skills and there's a lot of different things you can say and get commented on and that's cool as well. It feels fresh especially with the fully voiced cast(thank God for no voiced thoughts option)

Still i wonder 150k new words is a freaking 300 pages novel, is this only for the four new quests?

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Am I the only one that thinks this game was made for story fag woke libtards that are attracted to women who look like ugly men? Why would anyone want to play a game where you just know you are going to come away more depressed than when you started? Just looking at this games artwork depresses me.
:negative:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
it's a background detail, but i like how the writers treat
existential dread that stems from the pale slowly encroaching on everything. you're also only given some breadcrumbs by joyce and paledriver that gives you a partial picture of what it is; that lets the player fill in the gaps with his/her mind

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
what happens if you succeed the moralist quest red checks? i failed both of them. hilarious but i am i am curious what harry would say to the coalition if he succeed in repairing the antenna.

vota DC

Augur
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am that the developers of a text-heavy near-great game that contained in-jokes about cut or additional content (the abandoned game studio + the Delta Logistics Company truck) devoted its resources to an inferior voice over rather than taking those extra steps to bring the game over the line. I understand that the game was ambitious in its conception, but only so much of that shows in the final product, which is short and lacks reactivity.

I have 34 hours in Disco Elysium across two playthroughs where I read everything I could and made my decisions as different as I could, only to find that nothing really changes. If not for that realization, I would consider it one of my favorite games. If this really is the "final cut," I am disappointed by that.
Yes. Also you can't take wife back, be a bad cop framing someone else for the murder,you can't save a codexer and you can't even choose a funny name for the case because Kim wants the boring "the hanged man".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom