Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Framed some of the greats from the Age of Incline

Calthaer

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Now that these are free / cheap on digital platforms, I decided to frame some of my favorites from 1991-1999.

Daikatana didn't make the cut.

20210404_165049s.jpg

SoupNazi

That's actually a really good idea! I'll see if I can check out my storage once things open up so that I can leave my region (lol) and see which one of my CDs are still in good condition.

good idea

even better idea in the current year when everything is getting cancelled digitally

ive been searching 2nd hand shops for dr suess books for exactly this reason

vedya games are next mark my words and another thing

EDIT: picked up a very nice 1970s monopoly board game the other day - its been played but by a clear master and professional of the quintissential family game - all the notes were still in the holder and all the pieces are there.

10 bucks well spent

Calthaer

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Are covers from the original CDs?

Yes, they are. In some cases, they aren't just CD covers, they're manuals - it's probably not obvious from the picture, but EverQuest, Myst, Thief, and Unreal are little booklets there. Most of these I bought either at-launch or close to it. Fallout I believe I got a bit later - if I recall correctly (and I might not, this has been 20+ years), I got that one in a later release than the original.

StarCraft and EverQuest I know I got right at launch. Myst is original, I believe. Age of Empires 2 is original, and System Shock 2 is as well. Sadly, I didn't keep the original boxes for most of these...but I do have the manuals and all the other accoutrements (e.g. - StarCraft and AOE2 came with high-quality, printed fold-out "tech trees" for each faction / civ).

Calthaer

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I should do the same.

I got the frames from a place called Hobby Frames. They were kind of expensive, but IMO worth it - it makes me happy to look at these, brings up good memories. Couldn't find too many options online, and these three-CD ones fit best on the wall. There were some places that showed some cheap / reasonable frames but they were out of stock, and others had frames I didn't quite want - e.g., there are some that are good for 2-disc sets (e.g., if you wanted to put Command & Conquer: Red Alert on the wall...one square cover, then the Soviet / Allies disks). There are other options that include a single CD in a frame, which ends up adding a ton of holes to the wall if I want nine disks up there. Good luck and I'd love to see how they look when you're done!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I should do the same.

I got the frames from a place called Hobby Frames. They were kind of expensive, but IMO worth it - it makes me happy to look at these, brings up good memories. Couldn't find too many options online, and these three-CD ones fit best on the wall. There were some places that showed some cheap / reasonable frames but they were out of stock, and others had frames I didn't quite want - e.g., there are some that are good for 2-disc sets (e.g., if you wanted to put Command & Conquer: Red Alert on the wall...one square cover, then the Soviet / Allies disks). There are other options that include a single CD in a frame, which ends up adding a ton of holes to the wall if I want nine disks up there. Good luck and I'd love to see how they look when you're done!

Thanks. I don't think my collection is anything special.

StarCraft BW
Heroes 3 Complete
Baldur's Gate 4-in-1
Fallout Ultimate Collection
Diablo II LoD
Neverwinter Nights Diamond
Morrowind GOTY
Alpha Centauri

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Wizards & Warriors

Last edited:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Since this is now a "share your collection" thread, I still have the boxed versions of:

Planescape
Wizards & Warriors
Jagged Alliance 2
Wizardry 6
Sam & Max Hit The Road

Though I don't really want to destroy the boxes or the manual covers.

SumDrunkGuy

Gay. Video games are part of the reason why we have crazed pink-haired dickless furri faggots rampaging around and destroying civilization. Stop glamorizing them you fat imbred neckbeards.

Melcar

Arcane
I may do that. Still have my old CDs and manuals, along with some boxes. May make my room look more sophisticated and high class.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Such a lovely idea, those'll be worth a few bottlecaps to some scavenger/collector when he finds them in the ruined post-Apocalyptic landscape :)

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
This is the equivalent of a grown woman putting her stuffed animals all over the apartment.
Pathetic mental illness.
This is you faggot.
GYy3vP0.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom