Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is hausgemachte

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol, what the heck is an exit interview?

I was once in a project where both the client and my company juggled the responsibility to inform me that the client wants me out of the project. After New Year, after I had been to the first daily, the client had to call my company to ask why is this guy still on the project. :lol:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

SlamDunk

Arcane
Glassdoor review said:
Also management pretends to be concerned about 20% of the company declaring being harassed/discriminated in the yearly survey meanwhile when I gave my resignation letter not a single word was exchanged on why am I leaving,etc.. didn't even have an exit interview.
Lol, what the heck is an exit interview?

I was once in a project where both the client and my company juggled the responsibility to inform me that the client wants me out of the project. After New Year, after I had been to the first daily, the client had to call my company to ask why is this guy still on the project. :lol:
AwesomeButton Do you hate quoting, or something?

Anyways... there, I fixed your post.

LudensCogitet

Learned
So I'm playing through this for the first time, and I think I may have hit a wall.

The "Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience" main quest seems to be one of those examples of an RPG just telling the player they can't play a certain type of character, specifically an honorable one.

The only options, as far as I can find, are to steal, lie, and enter the monastery on false pretenses, or break in and murder people.

Not only could other options have been implemented that would have been less repugnant, but the option to enter the order under false pretenses is downright stupid, since I've already completed the work site investigation quest and the quest helping the sick, so Henry is known to the monks. He's just supposed to walk up with a writ for a guy named Karl and they'll let him in?

The bandit that tells Henry to kill Pious mentions a secret tunnel entrance, but I haven't found it and indications are that it doesn't exist. Pretty disappointing.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
We've got a cryptic teaser for the sequel guise.

This tells me we can chose between playing a dog and a rabbit in KCD2 and there will be all sorts of mounts. Personally, imma farm for the snail dude.

169123192_4112475258784694_8703290475043154751_n.jpg

ADL

Prophet
n30xZq6.jpeg

https://store.deepsilver.com/collectibles/other/4996/kcd-board-game-farkle?c=1659

They are somewhat pissed about XSS existing and lowering the hardware ceiling, too.
I was majorly pissed when Microsoft, in their absolute stupidity, introduced the thing. Such a disservice.

I hope Warhorse simply ignores the Xbox Series S(ucks), even if it's required by contract to support it. Just fuck it. In the ass. With no lubricant.
I thought XSS just had less memory and a lower spec GPU. The consoles have shitty processors was the problem because that's really what held everyone else back. Doesn't sound like it'll affect anything of importance. Most likely scenario is that the XSS will just run games at PC equivalent medium settings @ 1080p while the XSX will run it at a variety of medium/high @ 4K. You can scale back memory usage and graphical settings.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
I thought XSS just had less memory and a lower spec GPU. The consoles have shitty processors was the problem because that's really what held everyone else back. Doesn't sound like it'll affect anything of importance. Most likely scenario is that the XSS will just run games at PC equivalent medium settings @ 1080p while the XSX will run it at a variety of medium/high @ 4K. You can scale back memory usage and graphical settings.

Memory is both much smaller (10GB vs 16, so only 2GB increase over 8 years old lastgen..) but also much slower. And memory stores lot more than just textures, but also e.g. animations, of which there are thousands in a game like KCD. So it will by definition limit what developers can do when their minspec lowest common denominator is 10GB instead of 16GB. Even engine progammer of Doom Eternal already complained about this, among others.

As for GPU, let's say Warhorse will want to make the game run on XSX only in 1440p in order to maximize other aspects. XSS suddenly will have to run 900p or 720p, which might not be tenable, so it will also restrict them in that matter.

As much as is XSS a nice piece of kit for the price, its existence sucks. And the fact that it is mandated to be supported if one wants to develop for XSX.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Czech voiceacting (being done by fans, who managed to recruit some professional actors too) is starting to sound pretty damn good. For now only cutscenes will be voiced, but apparently if they manage to raise enough funds, the intent would be to do entire game (which has over 70 hours of spoken dialogue, so no exactly easy).

Gerrard

Arcane
Night Raid
If this is the kind of cinematic garbage where nothing you do matters we can expect more of in the next game then count me out.

E: Not to mention that if you could get 5 people onto the walls with a ladder, you could just as well do so with 25. The whole thing was nonsensical.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom