Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Update #51: Early Access on April 6

Ihavenoidea

Educated
Yeah, but his bulids are good, and his criticism is relatively valid. If anything I'm afraid that the setting might look a bit bland to new players, but I doubt it would be easy to add floats (which I consider one of the best ways to make setting feel alive).
Fairly sure someone else said it, but from what I've seen, the game needs to have the setting fleshed out a bit. More beggars, more flavour non-quest npcs, more workers. Some winks to AoD/DR?

And Milty in space. Double crossing and backstabbing is what made AoD so fun. I know it's early access and the small fixes are being applied, but so far the factions doesn't seem that defined to the let's players I watched. Perfect opportunity to have a priest with sermon I'd assume.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
I'm biased, I dont like the game. Having said that:
Colonyshit does not seem to have moving NPCs... Even AOD had dudes walking in Teron market, I hope they fix that in the future...
But the EA presentation ilooks dead. You can add all teh light you want, it looks like a static wax museum. It does not spur my imagination. Feels very bland.
Fucking big frogs? Really?

Its hard to hear on stream but the sound design is also lacking.
If they have the money, they need to look at Fallout/Underrail for sound design inspiration. Doodling industrial background music that has the location background sounds incorporated. Foot steps, muffled talking, trains (in Underrail), random blips/cracks and shit. Life illusion. Even interface sounds might liven up the static background picture.

Last edited:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Definitively will buy. I suggest renaming the game though. In fact, rename all your games to this : the "Get Shanked" series. AoD should be renamed "Get Shanked in Rome" ; Colony Ship, "Get Shanked in Space", and so on. Can't wait to get shanked. Ready to get shanked? That's the marketing shit right here, baby. Right in the fucking ribs

Zer0wing

Cipher
Well yeah... Non-Descript-Game-Name has no cute grills and is bland - hence zero publicity.

Ever since Underrail devs told him they wont promote his coomer shit, he's been bitter.
He's been bitter about AoD ever since early access builds.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
Some youtuber had a valid point - why the con change with +10 hp instead of 5hp for each con level only? Seems like it nerfs the 10 con bonus a bit

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Walking casually to the two junkies near your house reminds me of my first AoD experience: Walking casually to the bad part of teron and dying from one hit.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Some youtuber had a valid point - why the con change with +10 hp instead of 5hp for each con level only? Seems like it nerfs the 10 con bonus a bit

Combat balance. Plus I don't see HP as the big draw of constitution, but the implant slots. Several of them give +1 to another stat, along with some other huge bonuses. PLUS it's the same range as AoD (30-60).

MSP

Educated
After giving us Age of Decadence during The Age of Decline, Vince/ITS will always have my money.

The only question is: shall I buy it on Steam or GOG? Is one of these better for ITS? Or are you not allowed to say?:)

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
why buy a game in early access when the developer/publisher has been known to put their game in cheap fanatical bundles? pay 25 now for one chapter and then wait for the rest or wait until it's completed and completely done and grab it in a bundle or when he drops the price

:thinking:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
why buy a game in early access when the developer/publisher has been known to put their game in cheap fanatical bundles? pay 25 now for one chapter and then wait for the rest or wait until it's completed and completely done and grab it in a bundle or when he drops the price

Currently Playing: Monster Hunter Rise

Ibbz

Augur

To support one of the few developers of incline still left in the industry?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Because I am cautiously optimistic about the game and I want to support developers making games that I (probably) will like.

Mind you I am one of AoD critics that consider the game to be neither engaging nor fun nor do I find the setting to be good. Heck I would refund it through Steam if only I realized what kind of game it is sooner.

But from this game demo, (and in some way, Dungeon Rats), having a party and changing the retarded progression curve of AoD looks promising enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom