Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection coming to PS4/Steam/Switch/XB1

Wunderbar

Arcane
Shit keeps getting worse.
and worse, and worse, and worse!
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-ninja-gaiden-collection-is-a-barebones-pc-port-locked-to-60-fps/
The Ninja Gaiden collection is a barebones PC port, locked to 60 fps

I asked Yasuda if the Master Collection's PC port would include features like 120 fps support and ultrawide resolutions. "The Steam version doesn't have advanced graphics options, but runs at 1080p, 60fps, and if hardware conditions are met it will automatically run in 4K and 60fps," Yasuda said. "The resolution and fps may fluctuate during gameplay, and of course to play in 4K players will need to have a 4K TV or monitor."

There's another small disappointment for PC gamers: Yasuda said that the Steam port only works with a controller, and does not have keyboard/mouse support
into the trash it goes. A fucking emulator would be a better option at this point.

Silentstorm

Learned
So...the luckiest people are the Xbox owners who get to actually buy NG Black and NG2(which is on GamePass) and if they feel like it, still buy the master collection?

Cool for Xbox owners, the third least owned console, particularly from PC gamers, bad for everyone else.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well yeah, I wouldn't have care much about this being a barebone emulator-level port if it had the better versions.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
This is great and all, but when is the real Itagaki kino releasing on PC?

o97r72.webp

:troll:
It was a train wreck. But a train wreck I still kind of enjoyed. The game was insane, and sometimes I wondered if I should laugh or take it serious.

Silentstorm

Learned
Makes me wish we got a Ninja Gaiden 4, and i don't mean Yaiba because fuck that game, just saying, Devil May Cry is still around, same as Bayonetta, there is a market for these games, Ninja Gaiden could easily come back, the thing is that it would need to be a good game.

Well, this should help garner some interest, even if it's with the Sigma versions, because Ryu i think only appears in the Dead Or Alive games nowadays.

Machocruz

Arcane
Watch, they will blame this lazy collection on something something covid, just like everyone else who purposely put in minimal effort in the things they did the past year.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Makes me wish we got a Ninja Gaiden 4, and i don't mean Yaiba because fuck that game, just saying, Devil May Cry is still around, same as Bayonetta, there is a market for these games, Ninja Gaiden could easily come back, the thing is that it would need to be a good game.

Well, this should help garner some interest, even if it's with the Sigma versions, because Ryu i think only appears in the Dead Or Alive games nowadays.
Sadly Dead or Alive is also kind of dying.

Citizen

Everything i love dies.

If only you knew how bad thing really are...

The collection includes Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor’s Edge. While fans are eager to replay these titles on modern hardware, one feature won’t be making a comeback in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. During gameplay, players were able to interact with the breasts of the female characters using the PS3 controller. It was controversial then, and probably more controversial now, but also received one of the best commercials we’ve ever seen.

Source

Ivan

Arcane
we're starving for character action games, but I remember playing Sigma 1 back in the day and the platforming was too cancerous to push through. And I've heard nobody say the sequels are better than the first. Eh, maybe when it reaches bundle fodder status
giphy.webp

flyingjohn

Arcane
Keyboard and mouse not supported?
And let me guess, the only code that detects controllers will be on steam side. to further limit your options.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So everyone always going on about how hard NG was. How does it compare to something like Sekiro?

And I don't wanna no fanbois here going "pffft sekiro is for toddlers i beat last boss first try with just one hand on the controller". None of that shit. Gimme a straight story.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Sekiro is very much a "toddlers first action game", not because of difficulty but because of the lackluster gameplay design

Anyway...
Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 are excellent from a mechanic standpoint (NG1 though has a problem with explaning how these systems work)
1 has a good interconnected level design (with an ocasional shitty segment)
2 ditches the above for a more linear level-based experience, but because of that it's levels are more varied in location and content (again with an ocasional shitty segment)
Bosses overall suck, this is the unfortunate truth of the series - they are either very basic/bland, "simon says" type shit (kinda like Sekiro) or humanoid bosses which are the most interesting but can have weird inconsistencies
The regular enemies are the ones that are most engaging to fight, and they are not to be underestimated
The campaign in the Sigma versions (which are the ones included in this port) are sometimes interrupted by a chapter playing as one of the devs porcelain dolls
Sigma 1 is a slightly less intense but more polished version of Black with less excess
Sigma 2 is a completely different experience to NG2 (that game is a hard "love it or hate it" as it could be bullshit to the point of comedy) - it's easier, more fair and "pleasent" to play (it's still challenging mind you, but nothing on NG2's level)

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sekiro is very a "toddlers first action game", not because of difficulty but because of the gameplay design

Are you one of those people who couldn't beat Sekiro and now are claiming "Sekiro isn't difficult, it's just shitty design, and it's all artificial difficulty anyway"?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Sekiro is very a "toddlers first action game", not because of difficulty but because of the gameplay design
Are you one of those people who couldn't beat Sekiro and now are claiming "Sekiro isn't difficult, it's just shitty design, and it's all artificial difficulty anyway"?
I mean, when you're not fighting a boss Sekiro is a rather chill game. It doesn't require you to learn and perform a ton of moves while also being relentlessly raped by dozens of enemies.

Just looking at the average fight in NG makes my head hurt.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I mean, when you're not fighting a boss Sekiro is a rather chill game. It doesn't require you to learn and perform a ton of moves while also being relentlessly raped by dozens of enemies.
Well from this video NG seems like a spectacle hack'n'slash. Fighting dozens of fast enemies in this genre isn't anything uncommon, can't judge difficulty from that. Something like Darksiders 1 has moments just like that and the game is piss easy.

In highest non unlockable difficulty of DMCV you can do a lot of fights just randomly mashing buttons, but I guess somebody watching those fights could conclude that it's super hard from all the shit happening on screen. That game only became hard to me in Dante Must Die, that you have to do two playthroughs to unlock, and only because enemies have ton of HP and do way more damage. I prefer toddlers games like Sekiro that have a lot less moves available but punish you for spamming or pressing wrong buttons a lot more. Though I do enjoy these spectacle fighters occasionally too. I will have to try this shit out when it's available.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
In highest non unlockable difficulty o DMCV you can do a lot of fights just randomly mashing buttons

I'm still kindda circling around DMC5. Watched a few videos and still not sure about the difficulty mechanics. My assumption is this - simply going through it is piss easy but the real point of the game is pulling off these elaborate moves and raking up points, which is where the real difficulty comes from. Am I close?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

I am one of those people that beat Sekiro and realised it's gameplay is poor and the difficulty is indeed artificial because it's nothing more than a game of "simon says"

Wunderbar

Arcane
From my understanding, DMC is all about juggling demons for dat S-S-Smoking rating, while NG is all about surviving at all costs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom