Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck Demo feedback loop (SPOILERS)

PrettyDeadman

Visual side of the game is gorgeous.

Skdursh

Savant
Wasn't even aware this had seen any sort of release until I just randomly came across it on Itch.io. Been interested in checking this out for a while now.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Wasn't even aware this had seen any sort of release until I just randomly came across it on Itch.io. Been interested in checking this out for a while now.
I am rolling out slowly, testing the waters in the process. As of now, it is still in pre-early-access (these days early access has some pretty high standards). The EA release is set to July, fingers crossed.

But there's still progress happening with this version of the game, as I am fixing issues and improving the flow. For example, next smaller update will feature a reworked interface, based on the player feedback.

SW-nu-ui-inventory.gif

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I had 2, lizardmen and goblins I believe. I started the conversation via his d20 pin and ended up starting a game, was kind of clicking random dialog options so I don't totally remember what I did/didn't say unfortunately. I replicated it by loading a save and taking roughly the same path through the conversation again.

As of now (version 1.0.10) this should be fixed. I also went over FAG gameplay and fixed it up here and there.

bionicman

Liturgist
I've encountered an issue with saving and loading in the steam demo, which I guess would be resolved if you add a manual saving/loading system.

I had made a character who sucks at combat but is a good at using computers and tinkering.
So, when I entered the locked room of the boss-of-the-faction guy (I forget his name) and went down the stairs, I found myself surrounded by the robots.
However, since I noticed 2 computer terminals there I went immediately to use one hoping I could disable the robots.
Sadly, the terminal didn't have this option and so I turned it off, and as I turn it off, the robots fry me with their lasers to death.
Now every time I reload it reloads to me getting killed by robots. I assume this is cause it auto-saved once I stopped using the computer terminal.

Otherwise, I've enjoyed my time so far with the game. Great work so far, Kamaz.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I've encountered an issue with saving and loading in the steam demo, which I guess would be resolved if you add a manual saving/loading system.

Ouch. Yeah, I see how it could happen. Thanks for bringing this up!

Oh, and FYI: you can manually save and load with K and L keyboard shortcuts. I haven't advertised it because usually you wouldn't need to, but, yes, in this case you got screwed by auto-save.

Otherwise, I've enjoyed my time so far with the game. Great work so far, Kamaz.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback!

bionicman

Liturgist
Some more bugs/feedback:

miN77QZ.png

I sneaked towards the terminal to turn off the robot via it.
However, the robot noticed me while I was hacking the terminal and the combat began.
I managed to hack the terminal and disable the robot, but the character was stuck in combat mode after I stopped interacting with the terminal.
I think it's expecting the robot to make its move but the robot is disabled.
Reloading by pressing L fixed this (when loaded the game was no longer in combat mode, and the robot was disabled).

9X3k2P4.png

This is less of a bug and more of a feature that's missing and could be added.
When I disabled this robot, it happened to be standing on the same tile as the floating corpse of the NPC.
So, when I tried to loot the NPC, I couldn't, it would only let me scavenge the robot when interacting with that tile.
The missing feature would be to be able to loot/interact with multiple things which are on the same tile.

9q4qoeV.png

When kicking in VR mode, the character becomes invisible until he does some other action like shooting, then he reappears again.

zDhd8Ev.png

This isn't a bug, but a feature request (unless I'm unaware of it, and it's possible it already exists):
it would be nice to be able to quickly transfer all of the same items of some big quantity.
I had to click through all the peercoin in my inventory in this case (the reason I had to do this is because all my inventory was stored into this container after the VR experience, not sure if this is a bug or not).

Last edited:

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
In the intro narrator reads "XXII century" while the text reads "XXI". Opening inventory during the VR "experience" locks you in, as items you have exceed your carry weight limit, forcing you to drop something. After a combat encounter AP didn't renew and I couldn't enter combat against the next cambot, getting a "Out of AP" prompt (circumvented by clicking the Combat button instead). Game got stuck on loading the Dialog window while trying to interact with a Repair kit. Tried to fix by loading (K -> L) and it turns out loading the game is wonky as hell - character moves around on a map, items I dropped on the ground disappeared and the PC seems to "forget" the map i.e. fog of war renews. Sometimes, mousing over containers didn't work properly:
l2sgST0.jpg
And the big one: selecting options with keyboard bypasses any and all skill checks, enables crafting without any materials and seemingly gives some "super-result" - when I pressed "1" to roll for Charm in my first conversation with the leader of scavengers, my character immediately fired that he knows all about their plan to fly to Mars - I haven't learned any such thing. I'm guessing this was meant for testing, but I am grateful for all the free hairpins.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
After the update, walking through the vents often places PC inside a wall - you aren't stuck, but perhaps it could cause problems. When exploring the station with Ingrid(?), I go up the ladder from security station and she spawns inside the toilet - it could potentially lead to companions getting stuck in rooms you can't open. After the crew gets down to the fuel bunker you can still get "open this door and you can take fuel" dialogue with Vilnis.

Last edited:

bionicman

Liturgist
Can confirm getting stuck inside a wall while going through the vents, but this was when I played it, which was probably before this update you mention.

I think the reason it happens is because you can click to go through a vent while the character is already moving somewhere else, and then the character transitions through the vent and still continues moving in the direction he had been previously moving before the click (but I could be wrong).

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Can confirm getting stuck inside a wall while going through the vents, but this was when I played it, which was probably before this update you mention.
Weird, I wasn't getting it before the update. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Another one I noticed is that if Alison gets her spacesuit and goes to promenade she will join Edzus in a fight with the cambots and she cannot be talked to afterwards.

bionicman

Liturgist
Kamaz, I accidentally found out there is a typo in your trailers, it says "whishlist" instead of "wishlist" at the end. Nobody notices it so it's not a big deal, but I thought I should mention it anyways so you can fix it for future release/announcement trailers.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Kamaz, I accidentally found out there is a typo in your trailers, it says "whishlist" instead of "wishlist" at the end. Nobody notices it so it's not a big deal, but I thought I should mention it anyways so you can fix it for future release/announcement trailers.

Thanks! That trailer was made in a bit of a hurry, so I am not surprised :) But I didn't notice this before, so, thank you for pointing it out!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom