Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
6nsZXDL.jpg
Already tards pushing the narrative that they are "fixing" the game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-could-be-cutting-its-losses-on-cyberpunk2077
Could CDPR Be Preparing To Cut Its Losses On ‘Cyberpunk 2077’?

tldr investors were quite unhappy about no multiplayer and no talks of paid dlcs
If you have read that article you can see that it is just the opinon of a random nobody, not the investors or anyone at CDPR. The writer's idea is that CDPR has no reason to work on CP77, and will abandon it. It's like he doesn't know that CDPR has a history of supporting their games for a long time, even making separate enhanced editions. What kind of losses are needed to be cut at all? The game was a huge financial success even before release.

TLDR: The article is unfounded garbage.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And regardless of resources, its gameplay issues go back to core design, there's nothing to "fix" anymore

Unfortunately this.

CP is like a house that looks sexy af when you enter but then you lean against the wall and you push a hole into it. You try to open a fridge and discover it's not a fridge but just a solid plastic block. You wanna use the loo but the doors are just painted on.

If you're a typical journo and just rush into the house, take a few pictures and fuck off you'll never realize it's not actually a real house. But if you actually play the game the illusion peels off p. quickly. It's a Potemkin village of a game. You can't fix an illusion, you can only make it more convincing.

Yeah, it's not like that same can't be said about every video game ever...

Codex Year of the Donut
And regardless of resources, its gameplay issues go back to core design, there's nothing to "fix" anymore

Unfortunately this.

CP is like a house that looks sexy af when you enter but then you lean against the wall and you push a hole into it. You try to open a fridge and discover it's not a fridge but just a solid plastic block. You wanna use the loo but the doors are just painted on.

If you're a typical journo and just rush into the house, take a few pictures and fuck off you'll never realize it's not actually a real house. But if you actually play the game the illusion peels off p. quickly. It's a Potemkin village of a game. You can't fix an illusion, you can only make it more convincing.

"w-w-what were you expecting from the second most costliest game to ever make?! It's just like every other game that cost 1/30th as much!"

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Sure, in the most Big Picture "vidya are just virtual worlds" kindda way.

But there's a certain baseline of the illusion we all generally consider "real" enough. CP is way below that baseline. It was supposed to have the most advanced open world to date. In reality the AI in CP is so rudimentary it's utterly laughable. There's barely any code inside the NPCs, they're almost empty vessels. Cops spawning behind you in an empty room, braindead cars following the predetermined line, NPCs walking in a circle....the illusion is so incredibly shoddy it's as if it was hastily cobbled together two weeks before the launch.

Codex Year of the Donut
you know what cyberpunk's world reminds me a lot of?
Outer Worlds. Especially the last area where it's supposed to be a town but it's just a bunch of hallways(many of them closed off) with painted on doors. The illusion completely falls apart and it becomes harder and harder to immerse yourself in the game.

main difference is that outer worlds was made on feargus' monthly grocery budget and cyberpunk cost almost half a billion dollars

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
only reason I see for cdpr to actually fix this game is they would need those improvements for their next title anyway.
Lets be real in here, they are not going back to witcher engine after investing so much into this fps style. At most 3rd person will be added in here which is... improvement!
As such I do expect to see proper ai, police, car chases at some point. Worst case scenario it will be like larian and iron tower upgraded dos1 and aod. Enhanced edition will reset user score too

Paid dlc is a different beast though. I could see them not doing it and have writers focus on next big things

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
only reason I see for cdpr to actually fix this game is they would need those improvements for their next title anyway.

I think there's a slim chance they'll do something actually substantial with the underlying AI and maybe even RPG systems for their next-gen version that's supposed to be out this year (meaning in 2022). The Enhanced Editions of TW1 and TW2 feature some p. chunky content overhauls and additions.

But that's not gonna happen with the last-gen console versions, those are DOAs.

Wesp5

Arcane
Cops spawning behind you in an empty room, braindead cars following the predetermined line, NPCs walking in a circle....the illusion is so incredibly shoddy it's as if it was hastily cobbled together two weeks before the launch.

And you know what? It doesn't really matter because while going after one of the hundred missions I don't really care if a random NPC on the street behaves stupid! I rather don't like location-bound clones though which should be easy to fix and the cop behaviour seems indeed a bit erratic. Like sometimes I help them out and at the end they attack me? Most of the time luckily they don't...

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Why are fanboys married to their companies they defend and roleplay unpaid PR and lawyers for?! I wanted this game to be good. CDPR promised Cyberpunk GTA IV RPG. We got shit. You ate it. That's it

I mean, game's AI is worse then AI for games from over a decade ago. Worse then same company's AI from last game. Do you know why? Rolleyes until they fall out, but itz true. SJWs. CD Projekt has been thouroughly and deepely SJWed. That doesnt only mean 2 trannies per m2 in their game. No! That means: UTTER & COMPLETE incompetence

B-but they are based Slavs??? Lol. For hundreth time, urban middle class Slavs are SJW af. Belgrade, Warsaw, Moscow? City centres have vibe of Slavic Siettle. Our gen x/millenial programmers are still somewhat competent, but our writers, CEOs, marketing, HR? Incresiangly SJW

THANKSSSS AMERIKWAAAA!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Games are not made by algorithms or previous devs. Games are made by devs who are making them. Have you checked CD Projekt devs? Most of new ones are low T, vegans, inexperienced. Veterans have left, are in managerial positions not suited for them or gone vegan (aka insane), like Marcin Iwinski

Eating saussage inside CD Projekt Red is punished by death, by decree of his Vegan SJW Majesty Marcin Iwinski. Since when? Since 2015. And I'm serious, CD Projekt forces devs to eat vegan food. Can such company make anything based?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
When football them is left without key players and new nobodies come as replacement, everyone is concerned for the future of team. In gaming industry, no. Itz so laughable that Managment trained gamers brains to believe that completely different team of devs, with different culture and vision can make same quality game like last one becuase they are making it under same label: Bioware, Bethesda, CD Projekt Red

Goyim exist to be laughed at

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I just shit my pants with laughter every time I see people defend multi-billion company with thousand employees and 10+ years in business who after 3 months and 3 delays releases patch that "fixes" police by changing spawn distance for a few meters more away :D:D:D

Maybe you need a perspective change, but that sounds so fucking hillarious to me! I mean, itz fine that you like eating shit, no problem with that, just stop denying itz shit

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The tour starts in the cafeteria. It's fully staffed and vegetarian only (with fish). CD Projekt's co-founder, Marcin Iwinski, is a vegetarian and so his company is, too. If you want meat or grease, you can go down the road, but Iwinski would rather provide something healthier for his employees.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...es/2014/7/16/5884227/cd-projekt-the-witcher-3

This was back in 2014. Since then they went full vegan :D:D:D

Again, you live in delusion how urban Slavs are "based & redpilled". We grow up on your culture, our local youtubers are carbon copy of yours, and BBC and black culture is God, to both young Slavic men and women alike, from gen x increasingly onwards

:D:D:D:D:D:D

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Also now you know why Marcin every year looks worse. Reason behind his ghoulification is veganism. No vegan can be anything but centre-left, and that's far right of veganism. If you think these things, like people behind games, are unimportant and trivial, I can only say: enjoy future of gaming :D

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Slavic gaming white pill:

Support these Slavic RPGs:
-Underrail
-ATOM
-Stoneshard
-Pathfinder(SJW af, but still comptent!)
-Vagrus

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom