Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Just got it. It's for about $10 which is great but I really wish if I could could throw more money at VD & Co since they really deserve it.

I think I may wait a little while before I start a playthrough.

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Being from a shithole country, most Steam currency conversions normally work out in my favor. But because this is Iron Tower, I feel like a fucking low-life criminal having bought the Steam Early Access at a price corresponding to less than 5 USD.

Vault Dweller is there a way I can support Iron Tower more directly?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Did my part and bought a key + gifted 4-5 keys away to people

Hope you make fuckloads of money Vince, and make the best game possible.

Godspeed, friend. :bounce:

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
My most sincere contrafibularities to the whole team. :incline:
Shame, but I'll only be able to try it out on the weekend.

xuerebx

Erudite
$5? $10? I bought it for €18, discounted from €20. Didn't know that there was such a huge discrepancy between countries.

Anyway, won't be playing it for now (until it's out of EA) but just wanted to do my part.

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
$5? $10? I bought it for €18, discounted from €20. Didn't know that there was such a huge discrepancy between countries.

Anyway, won't be playing it for now (until it's out of EA) but just wanted to do my part.
Here it costs roughly $1.75
:positive:

But minimum wage is $100
:negative:

xuerebx

Erudite
I guess it makes sense when you look at it that way (minimum wage) - from the consumer's perspective that is.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Going with a smartass charismatic asshole who will sneak, steal and bullshit his way through the game. Just like me IRL.

EDIT: Tying XP gain to an attribute is never a good idea IMO but let's wait and see.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Didn't get passed the character creation screen yet but you can make a character that matches the portraits 1:1 right down to the tattoos and other details and for that alone the game gets a 10/10 from me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Devstream with Elhoim: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/648410/view/3015697429672202767

https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/3077621988062610529/

What's in the current Early Access build?
The first 3 locations (the first chapter): the Pit - container town, Armory, and Hydroponics. Estimate playtime - 4-5 hours with combat.

When will the other locations be added? How long will the game stay in Early Access:
18 months. See the schedule on the store page under Early Access.

Are you planning to support Mac and Linux?
Yes. The engine (Unreal 4) supports both platforms, so I don't expect any problems there. However, we won't know until we try, so it's not a promise but a goal.

Will the price stay the same?
$24.99 on release, $29.99 when we add chapter 2, $34.99 when we add chapter 3, $39.99 when it's done.

Other languages?
We can't afford it at the moment. It is unfortunate as we do want more people to be able to play our games but without a proper budget there's very little we can do about it.

How do I leave the Pit and visit other places? Can I fast travel?
Map -> Switch to Ship Map -> Select an available location. You can fast travel to any location on your local or global map.

How do I upgrade gadgets?
Click on the gear icon next to the gadget to "open it up" and swap the parts.

How do I install implants?
Click on the medical machine in the medbay. Implants can be upgraded further, the upgrades can't be installed if you don't have the the base implants.

Is there space exploration?
No.

Romances?
No. Our focus is on branching questlines and multiple quest solutions. Writing and scripting romances would take time that's better spent on quests and party dynamics.

Any survival mechanics?
No.

Can I create my own party?
No.

Can I become a faction leader?
No.

Can party members be revived after fight if they die?
No.

Crafting?
Sadly, no. We really wanted to but didn't have the resources.

Psionics? Space magic? Elven magic?
No.

If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
so many good feats for melee combat but STR seems to be such a prime candidate for dump stat in character creation.....

guess i'll do a melee run later

Doma

Augur
Bought it. Seems to be running fine. Looks great.

Will play it when its done.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So some tooltips (if you mouse over a chest or on an enemy in combat) are absolutely fucking microscopic for some reason. Can't make out what they're saying even if I lean forward lol.

Also you can't pick dialogue choices by pressing 1, 2 etc. on the keyboard. Sad.

Got into the fight with Bulldozer and Spike, dude two-shotted me.

Writing and presentation grate. 10/10 so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom