Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

thesecret1

Arcane
Why is there no keybindings sheet in the options? Even if it's not possible to change them, I want to at least know what the controls are.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Doing the intro, i just plan to dip my foot a little for the night then wait until it come out of the incubator. Character screen is great. Dense but readable (discount with my familiarity of course. Might be daunting for the unitiated) so far so good.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How do I heal between fights? I'm walking around with 2 hp. A mosquito bite would off my character.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Also you can't pick dialogue choices by pressing 1, 2 etc. on the keyboard. Sad.

Strange, they do for me, same for using them for attack selection.

How do I heal between fights? I'm walking around with 2 hp. A mosquito bite would off my character.

Currently by going to the doctor if you are in the pit. We are going to add healing with medkits like in DR.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Will there be text scaling option later?

Also i teamed up with jed to get his debt money. My smg does no almost damage to metal armors and they annihilated me in 1 turn lmao

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also you can't pick dialogue choices by pressing 1, 2 etc. on the keyboard. Sad.

Strange, they do for me, same for using them for attack selection.

Figured it out, my default keyboard in Win10 is Czech. I have to switch to English, then it works. Methinks it should work with any language layouts though.

Btw any chance some of the fonts could be upsized? Like the tooltip when you mouse over an enemy in combat? It's really, really tiny on 1440p.

Tao

Savant
So Steam or GoG... Do we still love Poland after Cyberpunk? 18€ are at stake.

Probably GoG since I got AoD and Desert Rat there too :S

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've bought it on Steam and GOG but I'll most likely buy 2 additional copies. Will play the game first though but I doubt that I won't be satisfied especially since I already have over 70 hours played in combat demo and I want more.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Figured it out, my default keyboard in Win10 is Czech. I have to switch to English, then it works. Methinks it should work with any language layouts though.

Btw any chance some of the fonts could be upsized? Like the tooltip when you mouse over an enemy in combat? It's really, really tiny on 1440p.

We'll definitely look into it! =)

SoupNazi

We'll definitely look into it! =)
Please do look into the hotkeys thing, it's one of the most annoying things when games do that. At the very least, make sure to allow it being remapped to any other key - then we'll be able to remap it to our weird Czech letters at least. There's a bunch of games that don't allow this at all, or don't recognize +ěščřžýáíé as something that exists. Switching keyboards is possible, but inconvenient (ours is QWERTZ) ... etc.

In terms of interface, I would also appreciate text / UI scaling especially in combat, ideally separately from the rest. I.e. text in conversations is fine, but HP values of characters are tiny, which is OK for the bars in-game, good to have those as unobtrusive as possible, but on the UI it could be bigger for me personally. So good to hear that can be looked at.

Also, I think it's a shame not to use those great portraits a bit more - I'd like to see my character's portrait in conversations.

Other than that, I haven't played much yet, and I of course died at the first attempt at combat, so won't say more than just those first few impressions.

ADL

Prophet
Thank you for giving the game good artwork on GOG so it looks nice. It's the small things you know?
X5PMaTJ.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Quick feedback: Escape key doesn't close journal, instead it opens the menu. This is bad.

I've only played a few hours. Quick tips so for is to never take stealth, steal or lockpick as starting skills as all three are very easily trained from scratch. Same with biotech. Computers and electronics seem worthwhile to take for nontalk/noncombat.

Jinn

Arcane
Bought to support a potentially excellent RPG and the developers that actually brought me to the codex so long ago. Good luck, Vince and Iron Tower! I have great faith you've learned from your mistakes made in AoD and are on the right track to make something great.

Now to wait 18 months to play it...

:negative:

PEACH

Arbiter
have had a couple combat bugs with knocked down enemies being untargetable and the game locking up while swapping to the enemy turn but my first impressions are very positive. camera alone is a massive incline and the setting and writing are immediately engrossing.

that said, I was told there were fucking big frogs and I've only seen somewhat big frogs so far. those bastards pack a punch though, so maybe its for the best. :salute:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom