Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Zariusz

Arbiter
If he is going to cover it, i hope that his review will give a big boost to AoD popularity. Im still sad that there is no proper modding scene for this game (I just want my byzantine armor mod damn it!), if it was more popular devs probably could add propper modding support. But after so many years its just too late, no sane man would waste time on such projects, especially with Colony Ship rpg in making so i doubt that even Merchant Guild could save it.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
If he is going to cover it, i hope that his review will give a big boost to AoD popularity. Im still sad that there is no proper modding scene for this game (I just want my byzantine armor mod damn it!), if it was more popular devs probably could add propper modding support. But after so many years its just too late, no sane man would waste time on such projects, especially with Colony Ship rpg in making so i doubt that even Merchant Guild could save it.
Someone asked Vince on IT forum about an AoD remake and he said they're open to the possibility of doing it one day. Perhaps modding would be on agenda in such a scenario. Personally, I'd like to see some story elements fleshed out, a few plot holes plugged and there was also talk of a 4th chapter - I wonder what it would look like with godhood ending.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Someone asked Vince on IT forum about an AoD remake and he said they're open to the possibility of doing it one day. Perhaps modding would be on agenda in such a scenario. Personally, I'd like to see some story elements fleshed out, a few plot holes plugged and there was also talk of a 4th chapter - I wonder what it would look like with godhood ending.
Maadoran could use some expanding, was it accesible after unleashing that being from crater or was it blocked because of destruction? Exploring its ruins could be interesting.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
It was blocked. What's strange (and a little irritating) is that it deprives you of faction membership for some reason.

Caim

Arcane

Caim

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
image.jpg

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
Ethan Klein of H3H3 use to shit post and be politically incorrect a lot as well, but now that he's a bit successful he's on Twitter making statements about white supremacy being to blame for the recent uptick in Asian American violence.
The-Riddler.jpg

I have a riddle and this one's a scream!
His early life section has what common theme?

(EDIT) They're both Ashkenazi jews

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane

This soundtrack... so comfy.:love:

You could take the original game CD and just pop it into the CD player of your stereo, and it would work like a normal music CD. Not sure whether that still works with more modern players that aren't as dumb as the old ones, but it was pretty nice. Though, given how much time I spent with the game, I didn't really need more of that soundtrack at that time.

Absinthe

Arcane
It should still work, provided that the music portions are stored as audio tracks instead of sound files on those portions of the CD. But nowadays you wouldn't really do that because file compression would allow you to store so many more audiotracks, even lossless, than if you were to store music as CD audio tracks that way, and most games don't really fit on a CD-ROM anymore either. If you're also reserving the bulk of the CD-ROM for CD tracks, then you need to make it a tiny game too. It's all very doable, but it just isn't how modern games are done anymore.

Last edited:
When will we get a pizza delivery simulator SRPG review?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom