Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
lol
I've bought 3rd copy (on GOG) and the price increased in 3 hours from 80,99 PLN to 86,09 PLN. Złotówka is getting weaker and weaker.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Really enjoying the game so far. Combat is lethal if you don't prepare, just like in AoD. Use of skills in dialogue also works well and available skill checks feel appropriate and are varied (as you'd expect). Nice atmosphere and setting.

Found my first bug:

Fighting against the Creeper next to the body in Hydroponics (in front of the Restricted Area gate) causes the combat to stall. I can place my characters, and when combat starts the Creeper approaches a few steps, releases a gas effect and the game stalls = the hourglass cursor does not go away, the Creepers turn never ends. Quick loading works.

Is character health intended to reset to max after combat? I suppose not, but it happened to me after fighting a frog in hydroponics. But not after successfully winning a "court case" .

RegionalHobo

Scholar
Really enjoying the game so far. Combat is lethal if you don't prepare, just like in AoD. Use of skills in dialogue also works well and available skill checks feel appropriate and are varied (as you'd expect). Nice atmosphere and setting.

Found my first bug:

Fighting against the Creeper next to the body in Hydroponics (in front of the Restricted Area gate) causes the combat to stall. I can place my characters, and when combat starts the Creeper approaches a few steps, releases a gas effect and the game stalls = the hourglass cursor does not go away, the Creepers turn never ends. Quick loading works.

Is character health intended to reset to max after combat? I suppose not, but it happened to me after fighting a frog in hydroponics. But not after successfully winning a "court case" .

yea, i expected that healing was a court case thing, like in AoD arena, but it seems to be bugged and trigger all the time after you do it

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I don't understand why there is a need to promote a religious agenda in a game?
As an atheist, I can't say I'm much appealed by this prospect, sorry.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/3077621988062845483/
I'm not far into the game, but the game does read a little like the author is religious himself and doesn't understand the atheist point of view. I'm judging by one line so far ("opium for the people"), so it's not a final opinion.

Alphons

Cipher

I'm not far into the game, but the game does read a little like the author is religious himself and doesn't understand the atheist point of view.

He didn't even play and got triggered seeing words "It's the year of our Lord" on the store page.

PEACH

Arbiter
opium of the people isn't intended to be a flattering description. I don't get the impression there's a religious bias at all.

thesecret1

Arcane
I found another bug. In the arena fight, with Solomon Clayton, one of the Public Defenders has a flashbang. He seems unable to throw it – the game lags a little (probably handling a null reference exception or something like that) and the Public Defender ends his turn without doing anything. If he changes weapons to his gun, then he acts normally, but this lag + turn skip always happen when he's holding a flashbang grenade.

Mortmal

Arcane

I'm not far into the game, but the game does read a little like the author is religious himself and doesn't understand the atheist point of view. I'm judging by one line so far, so it's not a final opinion.
AOD had a brothel without whores, it makes sense colony ship strongly enforces christian values as well...No mention of the lord in orphans of the sky , year 2119, nope , no lord. So clearly it's iron's tower choice.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Bester you're such a dumbass, jesus :lol:
Way to get triggered, friend, like it's your first day on the internet. "Oh shit, people think differently, must be dumbasses. I MUST TELL THEM!!" And the obligatory ":lol:" while you're crying.

"Religion is the opium of the people." is a quote by Karl Marx.

Religion for atheists is not "opium for the people". It's quackery, charlatanism, and more often than not it's obscurantism.
It was used as "opium" at some time and place, but it's not the definition, only an applied use. Before that it was used as a marker of political affiliation, a unification and homogenization tool, for conquests. Before that, it was a tool to convey agenda from the elites to the people. It's got many usages, none of them honest. It's a strictly negative thing, but if it can be described shortly, it's that it's quackery and charlatanism. Not opium. To call it that is to misunderstand the atheist point of view using a cheap cliche.

AOD had a brothel without whores
I went to a titty bar called Promised Land and found no strippers or hookers, and was going to ask if it's due to Early Access or if it's final product. If the author is so christian as to not include strippers, that's really something.

Mortmal

Arcane
Bester you're such a dumbass, jesus :lol:
Way to get triggered, friend, like it's your first day on the internet. "Oh shit, people think differently, must be dumbasses. I MUST TELL THEM!!" And the obligatory ":lol:" while you're crying.

"Religion is the opium of the people." is a quote by Karl Marx.

Religion for atheists is not "opium for the people". It's quackery, charlatanism, and more often than not it's obscurantism.
It was used as "opium" at some time and place, but it's not the definition, only an applied use. Before that it was used as a marker of political affiliation, a unification and homogenization tool, for conquests. Before that, it was a tool to convey agenda from the elites to the people. It's got many usages, none of them honest. It's a strictly negative thing, but if it can be described shortly, it's that it's quackery and charlatanism. Not opium. To call it that is to misunderstand the atheist point of view using a cheap cliche.

AOD had a brothel without whores
I went to a titty bar called Promised Land and found no strippers or hookers, and was going to ask if it's due to Early Access or if it's final product. If the author is so christian as to not include strippers, that's really something.
I think they are just afraid that if they include any , everyone will only speak about that.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I think they are just afraid that if they include any , everyone will only speak about that.
What's there to talk about? Tim Cain famously injects every single game with hookers like a maniac. Nobody ever mentions it.

(not sure if he injected Autist Worlds though, didn't play...)

RegionalHobo

Scholar

I'm not far into the game, but the game does read a little like the author is religious himself and doesn't understand the atheist point of view. I'm judging by one line so far, so it's not a final opinion.
AOD had a brothel without whores, it makes sense colony ship strongly enforces christian values as well...No mention of the lord in orphans of the sky , year 2119, nope , no lord. So clearly it's iron's tower choice.

lol, there s zero chance you've played the game if you are typing this. religion is relevant in the setting because the original crew of the ship was a bunch of nutters and as religious fervor started dying out people rebelled against the status quo. it makes sense religion is still a force in the ship and that there are those that want to use this

also enforcing christian values ? not at all . tbh i think it s far harder to be a moral character in this game than in AoD

the only thing you've said that s not 100% bullshit is the brothel without whores, really

Mortmal

Arcane

lol, there s zero chance you've played the game if you are typing this. religion is relevant in the setting because the original crew of the ship was a bunch of nutters and as religious fervor started dying out people rebelled against the status quo. it makes sense the nutters are still a power inside the ship

also there s not enforcing christian values at all.

the only thing you've said that s not 100% bullshit is the brothel without whores, really
I am joking on the christian value enforcing of course. But on the brothel without whore in AOD , its true, i do own the game in my steam library.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Animated stripper models grow on trees now?

RegionalHobo

Scholar

lol, there s zero chance you've played the game if you are typing this. religion is relevant in the setting because the original crew of the ship was a bunch of nutters and as religious fervor started dying out people rebelled against the status quo. it makes sense the nutters are still a power inside the ship

also there s not enforcing christian values at all.

I am joking on the christian value enforcing of course. But on the brothel without whore in AOD , its true, i do own the game in my steam library.

ah, then it s my bad, perhaps way too much 4chan is clouding my judgement. i can t detect sarcasm anymore.

Mortmal

Arcane
Well you can add a line of dialog and the owner telling us he has no budget to hire any :) .

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
If people are buying multiple keys to share, I'll gladly take one. I've been waiting to play this for a while :incline:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Animated stripper models grow on trees now?
Glad to hear it's not for ideological reasons. I'm sure there are some janky dancing animations on the marketplace or on Mixamo, and there's definitely high quality naked chicks on the marketplace, I'm selling one (naked textures are linked in the documentation). Fingers crossed to see strippers in the final product!

LudensCogitet

Learned
The exchange about religion here is like the inverse of 90's moms worried about violence in video games.

"The lack of whores and Godlessness is worrying. Iron Tower is trying to corrupt the youth with subliminal messages about life having meaning!"

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
For unlimited money, just sell 1 bullet at a time, it will sell for the amount of your entire stack. Be sure to have a big stack when you begin. Then after you sold 50 bullets one at a time, buy the entire stack back in one operation. Rinse and repeat a couple times, you're the richest guy around.
I can't replicate it, can you walk me through the steps? Which trader or all of them?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom