Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
any ETA on when the developer cut deluxe edition will be available?

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played it for an hour, stellar game, 10/10. I can confirm that it is possible to die in less than a minute, just go down the stairs from your apartment and try to buy some food at the market, you'll encounter two friendly people willing to help you find the game over screen.

Trying to find a manual or some help function to tell me how to change facing during combat. I like the new way to increase soft skills, even though it is different than AoD.

Wish you could change the angle of the camera like in AoD. That is actually a real issue, I find myself wanting to change the angle so I can see things better, but the camera is locked. I also wish there was additional dialogue for people like Whiskey Jack. When significant events occur (such as the shoot-out at Abe's), I should be able to ask around town about people like Baxtor. Whiskey Jack seems to be the natural source of information.

I also achieved death by frogs, very rewarding experience

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Breather items do not display properly on character models, completely pitch black:
JzH1EGe.jpg
HmrHvJB.jpg
88YghUt.jpg
vdXVNbE.jpg
Also, is there a way to use companion's attributes for skill checks?

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
For unlimited money, just sell 1 bullet at a time, it will sell for the amount of your entire stack. Be sure to have a big stack when you begin. Then after you sold 50 bullets one at a time, buy the entire stack back in one operation. Rinse and repeat a couple times, you're the richest guy around.
I can't replicate it, can you walk me through the steps? Which trader or all of them?

When on the trading screen, drag the stack of ammo into the traders "inventory", so that the separate box for choosing the number of items to trade appears. Then, if you select only item to trade (i.e. don't touch the slider) then you get the credit amount of the whole stack to your inventory when you make the trade. Confirmed as works.

Some traders seem to have a cap of number of bullets in their inventory, so then you have to buy some bullets of them first, before you can sell em.

EDIT: Works with all traders I've tried so far (in the Pit)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
For unlimited money, just sell 1 bullet at a time, it will sell for the amount of your entire stack. Be sure to have a big stack when you begin. Then after you sold 50 bullets one at a time, buy the entire stack back in one operation. Rinse and repeat a couple times, you're the richest guy around.
I can't replicate it, can you walk me through the steps? Which trader or all of them?
Keep an eye on the amount of my credits.

Works with all types of items and vendors. And it works both ways, so you can't buy 1 bullet from a vendor, because you'd end up paying for the whole stack.

Last edited:

Alphons

Cipher
Found a pretty annoying bug. When a vendor has a certain item stocked and you're trying to sell him another one of those, he refuses to buy it most of the time.

I thought it was bugged too.
It's annoying, but you have to drag and drop the item you sell on the item in vendor's stock (so you can't sell all your items in bulk).

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Also, is there a way to use companion's attributes for skill checks?

Select them and use for the interactions on the map (I want to do a party management screen in which you select the character that should take care of a particular skill check, no matter who clicks, to remove the micro).

In dialogue, the option appears when they have the skill (since failing in those cases doesn't add LP). For example, when stealing from stores or interacting with consoles.

thesecret1

Arcane
Found another bug: In the armory, there are some crates that you can inspect. If you have a high enough perception, you get the message that you found an energy cell somewhere among the crates. Well, it is not just one energy cell, it's ten, and you can repeat this action infinitely to get infinite energy cells.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I gotta say, the writing works very well in the new setting. Some of this shit really made me laugh. The setting itself is very good, too. Great science fiction stuff, even though the overall structure seems ike AoD - in tone and themes. I already had seen this with the demo, but the intro text to your character is quite good, it sets the tone well. I rarely bother with text in crpgs anymore, but this really managed to grab my attention.

I'm sure this was discussed before, but the overall movement is rather sluggish. It was the same with AoD. Did you get the suggestion to center the camera on the player? I'm not sure if it would improve it, but it seems like a natural option, because having this free camera is rather strange.

thesecret1

Arcane
Another bug: You can ask Maryam in Hydroponics to teach you something about computers to get some computer XP. Except the option does not disappear after the first time, so you can raise your computer skill however high you want this way.

fork

I went to a titty bar called Promised Land and found no strippers or hookers, and was going to ask if it's due to Early Access or if it's final product. If the author is so christian as to not include strippers, that's really something.
Animated stripper models grow on trees now?

What a retarded response.
I thought you guys were developing the game? No enthusiasm for animating hot stippers in your team? Faggits maybe? Or avoiding controversy? Whatever, retarded response.

thesecret1

Arcane
Reached the creeper in the hydroponics. Seems pretty buggy. The first time, his turn never ended and I had to reload. Afterwards, every time I took a shot at it and missed, it took like five seconds of waiting for the game to compute that miss, or so it seems.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Nifty, Faythe can get a feat after her quest - Thief or Assassin. Depending on dialogue choice.
V1UInuW.png

Then you tag Lockpick and Computahs and profit...? She has 9 int too

Game seems too easy right now with 3 companions, considering all the shields/gear you can get.
Gk9lMSr.png

Does Mastertrader give anything in EA? I tried walking to shops with it and havent seen any new gear.

thesecret1

Arcane
Well, I think I've finished it. Pretty good, all things considered, bugs notwithstanding. Looking forward to the finished product.

kain30

Cipher
I really want to play this game, I love AoD but i hate episodic games. When is going to be fully released?? In 2 years maybe?

RegionalHobo

Scholar
finished, had lots of fun.

- character progression was pretty satisfying. implants are pretty cool and so are gadgets.

- game is way easier than AoD. consumibles are strong, party members are game changing and you get stronger at maadoran speed instead of teron's.

- not many big choices so far, but the big one that's in there seems like it'll result in different questlines.

- melee was really strong, even with unoptimized companion stats.

- it s waaaay easier to create a munchkin character than in aod thanks to party members + the new skill system. on the other hand it seems the game expects you to have high int because if you don t the '' skill progression '' brakes pretty badly ( starts to fail many checks ) .

-gifted is so strong that it kinda killed the other heroic options for me even if some of them look cool

- there s way less replayability than teron. mainly because there s no background nor different quests depending on which faction you join, since it seems you pick your side far later in the game. companions also make it easy to test all the weapon types. i think i've played AoD when it was teron only for dozens of hours, this game i'll do a second playtrough maximum.

bugs i've experienced : the skill token you get in hydrponics does not trigger a conversation to use it and as such you can t use it unless you have other token. the eletronics check in the power plant does not have a option to use a companion.

conclusion : it was good, but not as good as teron was, which for me was one of the best crpg hubs ever. i'd say it s maadoran tier

sorry for my chimp tier grammar btw

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom