Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Psquit

Arcane
2RlqmaX.png

Mw34iwv.png
TBdBCsL.png
U7pMdyZ.png
De3KmK2.png

o2qcYJf.png

ZAcsecz.png

Pantsu

12Qlqh3.png

Hollow Bastion

ZLkgi8z.png

dCB2KUe.png

a30dKaf.png

:negative:

nR5wqBw.png

You're gonna get Blacked Sora!

8qnPerD.png

Ansem and his stand doing the Angelo pose

QhN1XoY.png

Final boss spoilers
J8zchC7.png

3knf39B.png

jKdhFA5.png

coTi2ng.png

Neo exdeath looking guy

8Vxpc0n.png

QMKXPlb.png

PSt3muo.png

IS LIGHT!

NIaQ1UX.png

AUGHHH NAZE-DA?

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY PLS OH BABY DON'T GO!
ATInZpv.png

What a nostalgia ride.

3.50/5 Solid story. Combat can be repetitive but is not that bad, the camera on the other hand... yeah. Playing this with 120 fps was quite kino.

Devastator

Learned
I fired up BG2:EE on a large 2160p HDR10+ display and sweet zombie Jesus -- those default interface colors are an unbearable eyesore.

I only now discovered the Dragonspear UI++ mod, I highly recommend it to anyone with similar issues.

Default (some stock image from the official site):
5-PC-English.height-1100.jpg

"Dark mode" screenshot:
ak28iXO.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
aM2r

With the Big Bad Bitch dead, it's done!

:yeah:

Samus snatches The Last Baby Metroid:

EWBcWU1.png

And GTFO of the planet.

111WKHp.png

:salute:

Results:

NzoZPX2.png

All upgrades, all Energy Tanks (these are actually really easy to get - nice touch) & Missile Tanks. 2 Super Missiles and 1 Power Bomb missed, but I've found them, just didn't want to waste time / joypad getting them (requires some EXTREME speed boosting). All 3 visible on map:

fdtckad.png

And fuck me, this game is big (old map with old icons):

D2znYJ6.png

Anyway, since I've taken my time:

h81cHcs.png

I got the SFW ending slide:

USTZMcR.png

To get the "best" ending:

AM2R_ending_1.png

You have to beat the game in less than 2 hours.

And about "seeing me next mission", I'm afraid that having Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Fusion & Prime 1&2 completed, I'm done with the franchise. There's still this 3DS "Samus Returns" thing, but it looks 10 times more popamole than aM2r. You suck, Nintendo. :obviously:

Ivan

Arcane
& Prime 1&2 completed,
Metroid Prime 3 isn't that bad, compared to some other titles...
Although it's a bitch to emulate.
The Hunters game for the DS is like a Prime-lite game.

"Samus Returns" thing, but it looks 10 times more popamole than aM2r.
Still better than Other M. Or the horrible Marine spin-off game with chibi-styled characters.

I respect/second omitting Prime 3. It's definitely a lesser experience than 1 and 2. AM2R was the perfect victory lap to roundout a playthrough of the series.

sser

Arcane
Developer
It's baffling that Nintendo throws so little weight behind Metroid.

I think the one where you fight the evil copy of yourself is my fave. Pretty sure that's also the one that has a weirdly well executed jumpscare for a little GBA game -- at some point you're exploring some messed up scifi labs and a big fucking silhouette of a monster flies by in the background. Got me, anyway.

Psquit

Arcane
Metroid lack of sales put them on hold. The biggest hits were the prime series that end up killing the franchise (the classic aproach). The Samus return remake was a test that failed (lacked sales).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom