Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut

Rusty logic :
- Spend the entire day in a all male monastery kneeling = straight.
- Spend the day conjuring succubi and doing orgies = gay

And priests can use robes too.

The difference between a dress and a robe. Discuss.

That is too complex for a brainlet.
can't think of anything gayer than needing to bring a succubus along with you wherever you go to prove you're really not gay *wink wink nudge nudge*

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Through the wonders of modding you don't have to put up with dresses on your Mages. Always give them normal clothes, including pants. Not to mention the increasing number of RPGs that don't force Mages to wear robes to begin with.

hell bovine

Arcane
Through the wonders of modding you don't have to put up with dresses on your Mages. Always give them normal clothes, including pants. Not to mention the increasing number of RPGs that don't force Mages to wear robes to begin with.
You don't need mods. This edition has no arcane failure as long as the wizard has armor proficiency. Shield dwarf or githaynki mage will start out with medium proficiency, for example.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
You don't need mods. This edition has no arcane failure as long as the wizard has armor proficiency.
Lmao, fuck wasting a proficiency slot on that. Besides, I said normal clothes, not armor. You don't need proficiency for that, right?

hell bovine

Arcane
You don't need mods. This edition has no arcane failure as long as the wizard has armor proficiency.
Lmao, fuck wasting a proficiency slot on that. Besides, I said normal clothes, not armor. You don't need proficiency for that, right?
You don't waste anything, they (gith and dwarves) get this on character creation. Level 4 is where characters can choose proficiencies.

Mortmal

Arcane
wizards wear dresses(mega gay) whereas clerics wear medium/heavy armor and shields(based)
By this logic, a wizard who wears armor is based

Welcome to 5E btw, where, coincidentally, wizards can equip armor simply by taking a level in Fighter (or Cleric for that matter)
As wizard its indeed a good idea to pick one level of cleric, you get the plate armor proficiency , and you can still use cleric level 1 spells in higher spell slots.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
can't think of anything gayer than needing to bring a succubus along with you wherever you go to prove you're really not gay *wink wink nudge nudge*

Easy. Kneeing and worshiping a deity in a all male monastery cuz you are worthless without his power.

But why do you have a strong conviction about the homossexuality of a wizard? Did some wizard used dominate spells on you and made you his sexual slave?

As wizard its indeed a good idea to pick one level of cleric, you get the plate armor proficiency , and you can still use cleric level 1 spells in higher spell slots.

IMO the player needs a story reason to multiclass. Multiclassing only to make a pun pun build is silly.

Mortmal

Arcane

Easy. Kneeing and worshiping a deity in a all male monastery cuz you are worthless without his power.

But why do you have a strong conviction about the homossexuality of a wizard? Did some wizard used dominate spells on you and made you his sexual slave?

IMO the player needs a story reason to multiclass. Multiclassing only to make a pun pun build is silly.
Multiclassing in 5E completely break the game, but for efficiency you have to. It's extremely easy to find a good roleplay reason to mix cleric and wizard.

Gargaune

Magister
Yes, that's why we have early access. To find them. It's Larian's (or Owlcat's) job to fix them when we do.
It's not the timeline that concerns me, but the general approach. Larian are outright rejecting all the feedback on their atrocious control scheme, and Swen jokes about deliberately leaving bugs in if he thinks they make the game funnier. I still believe they'll fix the Wizard's learning feature, but it's disconcerting that we're at a point we could speculate they might just leave it in.

imagine complaining about an obvious bug in an unfinished game
I used to think there's no way this won't get patched out, but now I'm not so sure.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Buying used. Repair shop nerd just spent 20 minutes going over the options.

These are my people. I can trust him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom