Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Colony Ship now available on Early Access

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Steamcharts say 330 players already. AOD had like 700 at full release. Seems like a big success!

I checked twitch and they got some really good exposition there. One streamer got 30k viewers(that's huge even for mainstream games). I don't think AoD got this kind of visibility even at full launch, so it's most likely gonna sell more.

jac8awol

Arbiter
This is very exciting! Just bought it but, like the others, not gonna play until it's done. See you in the far future, comrade!

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hi VeeDee, pls gib Colony Sheep, I gib thumbs up!
rating_shittydog.gif

Skdursh

Savant
I really loathe Early Access, but I like Iron Tower enough to shovel over some ₽₽₽. I won't play it until it's finished anyway and by then I am 110% positive there will be more than enough sperging here on the forums if the development turns to shit that I can easily refund it if necessary.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Purchased. First impressions (few hours): v good so far. Lore very interesting and suitably grim. Build system/gameplay seems solid so far (loving the conditions, like kneecapped, crippled, etc.), and some C&C is already apparent right out the gate. Stealth nicely done. Also, surprisingly, the game is quite pretty (in a grimdark sort of way), immersive and detailed in terms of art design. Trademark Iron Tower dreamy musical background wash also present and correct.

Some minor superficial quibbles: I second the suggestion above to have that abominable motion blur off by default, and also an option to get rid of outlining please. I'd prefer a rosette or nothing. As with AoD, the portraits are a special treat, but they're so good that the game needs like a billion more, and also more different portraits for interlocutors (got the same guy with shades several times), plus of course more and more roughly matching models (faces, etc.). But I suppose those will come with time (also it might just be me, as I tend to build characters around portraits, but I think a fair chunk of people generally do).

Few minor glitches like having to go to the inventory and back out to make teammate sub-portrait appear bottom left, but again, the sort of thing that's obvious and will no doubt be sorted.

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lo and behold, the first retarded steam early access reviews are coming in. Only playing about an hour, leaving a review that shows they didn't know
what they were getting into. And instead of looking up a discussion, inform themselves, they refund and leave a standing negative review.

Completely expected if the game doesn't have an Easy mode titled as Normal difficulty setting. Vault Dweller should have learned by now that you create a game around one difficulty, call it Hard (or even Very Hard) and then dumb it down by increasing the player HP/attack by 50% and decreasing enemy HP/attack by 50% as well so everybody can enjoy it. No point in LARPing an elitist and wondering why the average consumer doesn't like the game.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Lo and behold, the first retarded steam early access reviews are coming in. Only playing about an hour, leaving a review that shows they didn't know
what they were getting into. And instead of looking up a discussion, inform themselves, they refund and leave a standing negative review.

Completely expected if the game doesn't have an Easy mode titled as Normal difficulty setting. Vault Dweller should have learned by now that you create a game around one difficulty, call it Hard (or even Very Hard) and then dumb it down by increasing the player HP/attack by 50% and decreasing enemy HP/attack by 50% as well so everybody can enjoy it. No point in LARPing an elitist and wondering why the average consumer doesn't like the game.
We had many complaints from Dungeon Rats players who felt insulted and humiliated to play on Easy to win. They wanted to play on Hard but for Hard to be Easy enough to kick ass without putting in much effort.

philosoraptor.jpg

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

We had many complaints from Dungeon Rats players who felt insulted and humiliated to play on Easy to win. They wanted to play on Hard but for Hard to be Easy enough to kick ass without putting in much effort.

philosoraptor.jpg

do it like nasa did with astronaut penis sizes

hard
very hard
rock hard

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

It always happens and there's nothing to prevent it. There's always going to be dumbasses in the world.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Looks polished, especially compared to Age of Decadence :) The intro music around your house container could have been more ambient though.
Couldn't interact with anything in your container house, that would have been kind of neat.
Loved the map.
It's nice to start with a little money.

I'm playing melee basher, we'll see how that pans out.

Gotta finish Kenshi before I really play tho.

Edit: Escape key opens the main menu if you have Journal open, but should close the journal instead IMHO. It does close the journal if you have clicked the menu on the left before pressing Esc, though.

Last edited:

Lagi

Savant
Someone is willing to sacrifice his time, to make an honest feedback for devs, but would appreciate being supported with gog copy?

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I actually preordered a game for once in my life. I feel like such a slut, but sometimes you can't deny what you really want deep down inside.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bought it to support Vince and the comrades at Iron Tower, but will only play the full version when it's done.

I'm intending to read "Orphans of the Sky" while waiting for the game, any other good generation ship sci-fi book recommendations?

Codex Year of the Donut
Bought it to support Vince and the comrades at Iron Tower, but will only play the full version when it's done.

I'm intending to read "Orphans of the Sky" while waiting for the game, any other good generation ship sci-fi book recommendations?
How big can a colony ship be? I never read any books featuring these. Guess I should!
You should.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_ship

A generation ship, or generation starship, is a hypothetical type of interstellar ark starship that travels at sub-light speed.

Since such a ship might take centuries to thousands of years to reach even nearby stars, the original occupants of a generation ship would grow old and die, leaving their descendants to continue travelling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphans_of_the_Sky

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Stop_(novel)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_the_Long_Sun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_Zero_Three

Diggfinger

Arcane
Romances?
No. Our focus is on branching questlines and multiple quest solutions. Writing and scripting romances would take time that's better spent on quests and party dynamics.

Can I get a refund !??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!
:retarded::retarded::retarded:

/////

Playing around 4 hours so far.
Awesome. Fun trying out different builds.

+
Great art, awesome graphics and mood.
Love the impactful feats, e.g. +20% experience
Nice CnC
Combat really satisfying

-
Some feats not impactful enough thus redundant, i.e. çritical thinker (+1% to critical hit, +2%critical damage???)
Interface: overall awesome, but needs more reactivity (e.g. sound when moving items, reloading etc.)
Interface2: visual warning when level up, on character screen should be more predominant too

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom