Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

boot

Prophet
Let's play Bloodbowl together, men!

I haven't set up any league yet, but if you own Bloodbowl 2 (it's on sale right now), or want to get on FUMBBL, leave a post. We can discuss what kind of league format to run and where we'll set up. I think with just 8 men we'd have a decent league to start out.

Coaches:
Codex Name - Steam Name - Coach Name

boot, serreug, serreug(bb2) flub(FUMBBL)
Catacombs (for fumbbl only?)
Zanzoken, Zanzoken (bb2)
Darth Roxor, Roxorowski (bb2)
Jaedar, Jaedar (bb2)
Strange Fellow, StrangeFeller (bb2)
RK47 r3dknight(bb2)
Lagole Gon, Lagole Gon (bb2)
bionicman, Ibispi (bb2)
Harthwain, Maccaroth (bb2)
vazha
SmartCheetah

Leagues/Competitions:
Codex BB (BB2)
Real Codexia Grand Open (ongoing)

Last edited:

boot

Prophet
I'm down but have never played BB nor currently own the game. Is FUMBBL a browser-based version?

FUMBBL is browser based, yeah.

BB is pretty easy to learn and there are some good guides on the FUMBBL website to help get started. Some people (like Darth Roxor) get totally butthurt over how screwed you get by the dice, but that's part of the charm.

I can log on and play some games with you tomorrow if you want.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Good idea! If you just want to do like a short 7-game league or something then I will play.

I have BB2 on Steam and a FUMBBL account, although I've never actually played a multiplayer match on either one.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm down but have never played BB nor currently own the game. Is FUMBBL a browser-based version?
Hello fren! It is great that you are interested in the ancient and noble sport of blood bowl. Blood bowl is the path to enlightenment and a new level of decision making under uncertainty, weighing both immediate and long term concerns. It is also a great trial of the spirit and many who attempt to walk the path fall into madness and butthurt. Some immediately; some after many years.

Ie before you sign up for any tourny you should play a few games so you know the time/energy investment you are making, and steeling yourself for having to finish a tourny even when half your team is loners.

I might be interested, own BB2, never played fumbbl.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I've had a league once where i got 8 of my chaos dudes killed against fucking woodelves, first game in that league. Never again.

Damn probability simulator.

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I can log on and play some games with you tomorrow if you want.

I appreciate the offer. When it comes to FUMBBL, are the games something I must be online for one or two hours, or are they turned-base, and I have a few hours to respond?

boot

Prophet
I appreciate the offer. When it comes to FUMBBL, are the games something I must be online for one or two hours, or are they turned-base, and I have a few hours to respond?

Games on fumbbl have 4 minute turn limits, usually a game is finished in an hour but it can run up to two. Not one of those games you play one turn at a time.

offer still stands. I'm very rusty and could use some friendly games.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I installed BB2 today and played a practice match against the AI since it's been a while. I have always liked High Elves and setting up passing plays but as you can see today was about survival lol.

d8kNVyd.png

0ox6P6j.png
First half: Had a good kickoff, fairly deep. Got a hit on the ball carrier and managed to keep the AI from scoring, but lost 5 guys to injury in the process.

Second half: AI gave up a touchback to start. I managed to get a Catcher in position for a touchdown pass but my Thrower got hit. Luckily the AI somehow fumbled the ball right into a Blitzer's hands, and he was able to run it downfield and hand it off to the Catcher for a score.

Pretty sure if I had been playing against a human I would have lost, but had fun regardless lol.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Just gotta know the hours first, no mood to wake up at 2 am just for a match

boot

Prophet
I can't really answer RK47. We're all in different time zones. You won't have to if you're matched with me but can't speak for anyone else.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I am on Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4) and can be pretty flexible based on whatever you guys need

boot

Prophet
Doesn't look like anyone else is joining so we should probably start.

bKB3HK1.png

League is Codex BB

Competition is the Codexia Grand Open (Round Robin, 6 teams, new non-custom non-mixed teams only). Admissions are free so we don't have to fuck around with tickets, just post with your coach name or something so we know it's you and not a random.

No one said what style of competition they preferred so I just went with what seemed best, complain and it can be changed- or just join up and lets begin

Zanzoken
Darth Roxor
Jaedar
Strange Fellow
RK47

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
All right fellas I'm in.

p2355Zo.png

E11PHnM.png

SzmIQ37.png
Ready to get going whenever. Or if no one else wants to join boot we can always just play with each other... uhh, in a Blood Bowl match I mean!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
No one said what style of competition they preferred so I just went with what seemed best, complain and it can be changed- or just join up and lets begin

I demand getting rid of ageing and impact of enhancement from the settings because both are super gay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom