Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
carried by 2 companions having only 6 charisma
3 companions, due Squad Leader implant - you just need to dig through the Black Will fight and the Medbay quest fight. Both tough, but grenades and stims and a lucky rng will save us!

PEACH

Arbiter
the tokens are an interesting idea but having found three of them they seem like a really gamey way to make up for how rigid and narrow some of the skill checks are (computers being a good example)

their significance might be skewed because I'm experiencing it in the vacuum of a single chapter, but the before/after dynamic feels massive.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
MODDING QUESTION:
Since the game assets are not needlessly protected, could one modify the .pak and repackage it? Modify the quests, values, models, anything really... COULD EVEN SCALE THE FROGS BIGGER!
Its is extractable but I am too lazy to download the Unreal Engine and try...

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
MODDING QUESTION:
Since the game assets are not needlessly protected, could one modify the .pak and repackage it? Modify the quests, values, models, anything really... COULD EVEN SCALE THE FROGS BIGGER!
Its is extractable but I am too lazy to download the Unreal Engine and try...
AFAIK they need to release a modding kit like a lot of UE4 games did (MechWarrior 5, Age of Conan, ARK, etc). I don't think it's too complicated technically, so I hope they find the time. There's also a minor question of copyrights involved, but it's also solvable. I don't know how many marketplace plugins they're using for their UE4 Editor, but my guess would be: not too many. They just need to get permission from the authors to distribute a built version of the plugins as part of the toolkit. I got approached with this question by devs before, always said yes.

I never installed UE4 based modding toolkits, but I'm honestly interested in tweaking this game for the first time in years. Hoping they'll release the tools. Adding strippers would be my first priority :P

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Player's. The longer the game is, the harder it is to replay it. Fallout was perfect in this regard. Fallout 2 was way too long. It's subjective, of course.
Definitely agree that Fallout 2 was too long, but always felt like Fallout was a bit too brief. I guess I'm saying that I generally felt a middle-ground would feel like a more appropriate length, but I'm the type that if I'm going to replay a game - even a highly replayable one - I'd want a bit of time away from it before I did, rather than hopping right back in. So I guess that informs my opinion about it too.

Anyway, it is what it is. I guess you can consider this a form of feedback in a way. Not too sure if I'm in the minority or not, but I am one who also wished AoD had been a bit longer.
Lately I'm feeling like games wear out their welcome long before they are over.

Playtime as a measure of value is _understandable_ but not particularly reasonable. To justify 30 - 35 hours of playtime, a game would need very deep systems that are still exploring new gameplay territory at hour 30, rather than just jabbing the already raw dopamine receptors.

Short, but replayable with radically different strategy sounds good to me!

I hear what you are all saying, but do you really think 30-35 hours is radically longer than 20-25? The way that I look at it is that extra bit of time doesn't make for a more drawn out experience, but still gives you the feeling of having gone through a proper journey. Now if I was saying my ideal playtime for a replayable RPG is 40-60 hours, I'd understand the apprehension towards that. I just often times feel like something like 15-20 hours in length pulls me out of the world right when I'm getting into it and feeling immersed.

Fallout 1 was too short but masterpieces always are, you can never get enough of a great game.
Fallout 2 is longer, has some weaknesses but some strong points too and more content is definitely one.

Party based AoD in space can never be long enough, if it was 200 hours long, it'd be worth replaying it a couple of times, it's not like we're drowning under quality RPG these days.

Another thing. I agree that when you have a full party the difficulty becomes easier. I need to do a pass on the enemies since the main problem is their lack of initiative and usually it being in a similar range. So except for Jed, many times your party goes first, which allows you to take down enemies way too easily. Also I've fixed some enemies having to little skill (arena fights 4 and 5).

Also, some enemies didn't use the grenades they had, and even lost their turns. Will be fixed in the upcoming version.

Too easy? Negative steam reviews say it's toooooo haaaaaaard... And they also complain about the lack of quest markers.
Vault Dweller I guess a new thread for steam reviews is in order.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Elhoim you're probably aware of this bug, but if you do a fresh Steam install of the game, on first boot if you click "Continue" you get an exception and the game CTDs.

Ooops.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Adding strippers would be my first priority
Well, download UE4, its only 15 gig (30gig install) and have at it. QuickBMS can extract the latest bestest v11 .pak files.
Only 3 plugins in the project, only DialoguePlugin costs 30 bucks.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
No one laugh. What does it mean when this icon flashes. I can't figure it out. I clicked it but it takes me to the character sheet, and it doesn't look like a level up. Or rather. I don't know how to level up.
EHNZ3F3.png

Nm6k

Scholar
No one laugh. What does it mean when this icon flashes. I can't figure it out. I clicked it but it takes me to the character sheet, and it doesn't look like a level up. Or rather. I don't know how to level up.
EHNZ3F3.png
It means you can get a new feat

Ivan

Arcane
Also: I'm not writing reviews for Codexers, but for other people who might be swayed one way or another, so YMMV.
MRY swayed me to support now and play once content complete.

Is STEAM best store to show support? No direct link to Iron Tower site, is there?

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Is or will there be some kind of dev console in the game? Just wondering.

Noddy

Augur
Game is good for what it is. Nice work lads.

Some bugs for you:

Pretty major one with stealth, I can interrupt the 100% notice interrupt by spam clicking. I've managed to stop it twice, once by spamming takedown on the guy trying to interrupt and once by slamming a door in a dudes face as he was watching me murder his mate.
In the sneak mission where you're killing Samuel i'm pretty sure you're meant to able tap the turret for noise, but it doesn't show up in sneak mode. I'm assuming this is a bug because i can see it out of stealth mode.
Some of the post stealth dialogues don't make a lick of sence if you shank everyone. Specifically the ones in the armoury. Stealth doesn't end when everyone's dead either, which is strange.
Very unimportant one but if you you hold tab when you change screen you get an odd highlight box. If you hold tab and open up the inv or something you should see what i mean.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
This is the message I get when I press Continue with no save files present. It crashes to desktop after that.

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 932]
ARpgCharacterBase::loadFromStream() - stream version 2 is not supported.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
Implants.
10 str allowed me to take one from the Armory first room (before first combat), think I needed computer/electronics first there to lift big crate, and then str 7 at least to lift some small ones, or something similar. Per implant was bought, but can also be won in the courthouse fights. Int implant I cannot remember - won the fight for implant lady maybe? Dex implant I also can't remember, I think it was found after some frog fight, or maybe after the fight with guys who trained 2 frogs

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Is or will there be some kind of dev console in the game? Just wondering.
Its disabled at build time. Its disabled right now. Its also typically the engine console, not the gamedev console.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
the church is shinier from behind
IPrNyjK.png

look at this slut, betsy! the nerve!
F6S0CP9.jpg

come here often? nice jumpsuit, where did you get the haircut?
zW8TxYM.png

maximus glut
67iN1bh.jpg

jackofshadows

Magister
won the fight for implant lady maybe?
Yes, there're three olptions:yet another +per implant, +1int, both squad leader and +1int. So judging by your screenshot the two behind doors are +1 dexterity and +10 natura resistance. That means you've started with 9 dex?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Spotted a typo
When you side with Braxton and win the battle against Jonas, it says:

"The king is dead, long lives the king. You'd better go kiss the ring before there's a lineup.

The survivors get the same idead and hobble toward the exit"

The famous saying is "the king is dead, long live the king." The word "idead" should be "idea"

Also, I find it almost impossible to aim grenade throws
inside Jonas' base (second phase of the battle). In the battle against Braxton when I decide to side with Mercy and betray him, it is totally impossible. It has trouble aiming at the floor of the level I'm standing on

Last edited:

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
This is the message I get when I press Continue with no save files present. It crashes to desktop after that.

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 932]
ARpgCharacterBase::loadFromStream() - stream version 2 is not supported.

Still looks like it's trying to load an outdated save. Say, from combat demo. Added additional checks, thanks.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
- RELOAD IS NOT REQUIRED.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom