Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

I dont get why ppl still cling on to this pile of shit and can't move on.

i can only speak for myself but if you're a cyberpunk autist like me who has been dreaming for an AAA open world cyberpunk game that's true to the genre for all his life this game is all we have

Mankind Divided is not open-world open-world and it's not flawless but it is AAA, it's well written, looks gorgeous and is 10x better as an RPG than CP.

I'm sorry but the two Deus Ex sequels were fucking trash. I liked the first one but subsequent playthroughs have me realizing it is really just awful. And the second was bad from the start. They completely missed the point of DX and instead of cool-guy, millennial flavored conspiracy theorizing and one-liners we got poorly written Canadian political propaganda complete with interracial gangs in Detroit. Oh, then we move to Prague for some reason, with shoe-horned in references to the Illuminati (again, they missed the fucking point).

Also the combat was easy.

I always thought a true prequel to Deus Ex would be 80's cyberpunk mixed with X-Files. You're some kind of investigator going through real world conspiracies and the writing drops actual red pills on you like sweets at a sweet shop just as the first Deus Ex did. If you're not even a little inspired by the real world shenanigans going on you're not making a Deus Ex game. Even if you don't believe in the conspiracy stuff it was fun to go through Area 51, seeing all those David Icke style Grey clones and MiB. They really did their research in that first game. It does what frankly no other game ever has actually done and transcends it's medium. Aging like wine not just on the basis of it's gameplay but for the real world facts and pulling of the curtain it does.

Cyberpunk was never going to do that. Neither were the Deus Ex sequels. Deus Ex actually pointed out that the Emperor has no clothes and that can never be allowed to happen again.

Last edited:

Reader

Scholar
They also made Ciri, who is annoying and thoroughly unsympathetic in the novels, into a compelling character
They made her into annoying and unsympathetic deus ex machina.
Seriously how exactly she defeated the White Frost?
And how exactly playing snowballs with her impacts her capability to defeat the White Frost?
But to hell with White Frost.
What really interests me is how do you cirifags explain her heels? Because as i see it Geralt should tear these heels out the moment he sees it because fighting on the heels is sure way to die.
W3 is so fucking ridiculous..

People are claiming CDPR isnt talking about the paid DLC because they are thinking on canning them. Could it be true or are they just tight lipped because they still dont know what features they cut on the base game and are going to charge for on the DLC?
They know talking about paid DLC would be horribad PR until the game is patched.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
People are claiming CDPR isnt talking about the paid DLC because they are thinking on canning them. Could it be true or are they just tight lipped because they still dont know what features they cut on the base game and are going to charge for on the DLC?
They know talking about paid DLC would be horribad PR until the game is patched.
This is the correct answer, imv. Any -- ANY -- talk of DLC, whether paid or not, would be intentionally subjecting themselves to terrible PR. "Why are CDPR talking about DLC when the base game isn't finished??!?!" would be bad enough, but if they were announcing paid DLC? That's basically asking for the Germans to invade again.

This is the correct answer, imv. Any -- ANY -- talk of DLC, whether paid or not, would be intentionally subjecting themselves to terrible PR. "Why are CDPR talking about DLC when the base game isn't finished??!?!" would be bad enough, but if they were announcing paid DLC? That's basically asking for the Germans to invade again.

Hitler would've made sure Cyberpunk 2077 was a game the Codex would like.

They've been talking about free DLC, since those are basically updates with a more appealing name. No mention of paid ones until 2022, which isn't too out there since Blood & Wine was released a year after vanilla Witcher 3.

Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality - Cyberpunk 2077 — from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A: We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

35eeefe4c17d22beff2f04e11d515fa6e5ef4136.jpg

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I'm sorry but the two Deus Ex sequels were fucking trash. I liked the first one but subsequent playthroughs have me realizing it is really just awful. And the second was bad from the start. They completely missed the point of DX and instead of cool-guy, millennial flavored conspiracy theorizing and one-liners we got poorly written Canadian political propaganda complete with interracial gangs in Detroit. Oh, then we move to Prague for some reason, with shoe-horned in references to the Illuminati (again, they missed the fucking point).
World building is trash too due to the fact that they focus all their attention on one element in first one AUGMENTATIONS is all people talk about and in the second one DISCRIMINATION is focus of all quests and conversations its fucking trash.

Even all the posters you find in the world are about one fucking thing its artificial as fuck even nazi germany didnt spam so hard with anti jew propaganda.

Deus-Ex-PR.jpg

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
But.... he would have removed gay romances the ability to put a dick on a womyn.
That is not what the 'dex stands for. :obviously:
Y negro Hitler would never support a tranny.

Heinrich Ratjen (20 November 1918 – 22 April 2008),[1] born Dora Ratjen, was a German athlete who competed for Germany in the women's high jump at the 1936 Summer Olympics at Berlin, finishing fourth, but was later determined to be male and/or intersex.[2] In some news reports, he was erroneously referred to as Hermann Ratjen and Horst Ratjen.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-C10379%2C_Hermann_Ratjen_alias_%22Dora_Ratjen%22.jpg

Learn some fucking history you tards.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
World building is trash too due to the fact that they focus all their attention on one element in first one AUGMENTATIONS is all people talk about and in the second one DISCRIMINATION is focus of all quests and conversations its fucking trash.

Even all the posters you find in the world are about one fucking thing its artificial as fuck even nazi germany didnt spam so hard with anti jew propaganda.
Square Enix panders to american leftards, what a suprise.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I dont get why ppl still cling on to this pile of shit and can't move on.

i can only speak for myself but if you're a cyberpunk autist like me who has been dreaming for an AAA open world cyberpunk game that's true to the genre for all his life this game is all we have

Mankind Divided is not open-world open-world and it's not flawless but it is AAA, it's well written, looks gorgeous and is 10x better as an RPG than CP.

Also the combat was easy.

I am truly astonished by how many people on the Codex think DX:HR and -- even more fucking unbelievable -- DX MD were good RPGs. What the fuck is wrong with you idiots?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I am truly astonished by how many people on the Codex think DX:HR and -- even more fucking unbelievable -- DX MD were good RPGs. What the fuck is wrong with you idiots?

If you're comparing this FP aRPG to something like Wizardry 7 then no, DXDM is not a great RPG. Also YOU are the idiot here.

But both nuDXs are great DX games, well written, well produced, with great level design and fun gameplay.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Fun games maybe, but I'm not sure how you can argue that Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are great DX games, or that they're well written. Neither game has anything half as thought-provoking or tragic as Gunther Hermann, the man who traded away his humanity to become a better weapon and is thrown on the scrap heap the moment a better weapon comes along.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Neither game has anything half as thought-provoking or tragic as

Yes the original DX was very deep and profound, especially if you first played it as an impressionable 15 year old with absolutely no grasp on the concept of "deep" yet.

I'm not mocking OG DX btw, I'm mocking you. OG DX was a cool game, I loved it, but it's not exactly Dostoyevsky you know. It's just for millions of young gamers it was probably the first RPG we played where the story wasn't some "kill evil wizard" lowest denominator garbage aimed at 6 year olds.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Neither game has anything half as thought-provoking or tragic as

Yes the original DX was very deep and profound, especially if you first played it as an impressionable 15 year old with absolutely no grasp on the concept of "deep" yet.

I'm not mocking OG DX btw, I'm mocking you. OG DX was a cool game, I loved it, but it's not exactly Dostoyevsky you know. It's just for millions of young gamers it was probably the first RPG we played that wasn't utterly braindead.
That's nice. It still shits all over the new DX games, which was the point. They're not even in the same league. As previously pointed out, the new DX games are incredibly single-minded, and don't even have anything insightful to say about their chosen topics. They don't match the aesthetic of the original, and their gameplay is vastly inferior. Calling them great DX games, or calling them well written, is absurd.

Zer0wing

Cipher
But both nuDXs are great DX games, well written, well produced, with great level design and fun gameplay.
It's all but well written, though. NuDX too much dependent on this aug thing, falls into the same trap as Cyberpunk 2077 - most people are not going to afford fancy cyberware and as such, won't feel connection with these augmented characters who spend loads of emone on self-harming crap. But at least the fasion in CP2077 is more varied and not all into nu-renaissance like NuDX.

Codex Year of the Donut
who would win:
a deus ex game made in one week in a guy's garage on a $5 budget
or
a half-billion dollar game that cost the entire defense budget of poland and took 3 decades to make with over 5,000 developers working on it?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
who would win:
Never trust a golem.

If this wasn't enough, despite having an obscene CAD 70 million budget (around Rs. 360 crores) and a five and half year development cycle, there was no internal beta with the developer stating that the publisher was not interested in games. Nonetheless, Mankind Divided has a lofty sales goal of three million units.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/square-enix-almost-ruined-deus-ex-mankind-divided-report-1453938

Zer0wing

Cipher
Deus Ex game is anything but that tho. Its development costed 27 million of 1998s dollars given by Romero, when the only other higher budget games were Final Fantasy VII and Shenmue. And missed deadline once, was originally a 1999 title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom