Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Yeah, I thought I was too biased due to beta testing but the difficulty is lacking here compare to AoD. There were also certain 'threshholds' after which run could become a complete faceroll, ecpecially if char was able to move deeply into arena right off the bat and get the right gear. Here while vendors sell mostly utter trash you can get your hands early on granger coat or rusty doomsayer. Consumables are what they are but still - getting stasis grenades so early? And the ability to buy high-grade grenades right at the start? Not sure. Skill-checks are tight but not tight enough since after learning my imstakes in the second run I got access to all the stuff: implants, tokens, gear... Hope that there will be enough challenges ahead to use all of this.

Yeah, we are doing a balancing pass right now. We did some fixes since some enemies didn't have proper stats (especially arena fight 5). What we are working on is in improving the enemy's initiative, since it's kinda low in general, and once you have Evans and Faythe (44 and 42 initiative), and your own character with a similar one, you get 3 party members going first in most cases, which is HUGE. Also we'll do a loot pass. It's kinda hard in some cases since it's a core aspect of our games to loot what the enemies have, so once you give them cool stuff to put up an interesting fight (and to cover weak points), then your characters get it all.

jackofshadows

Magister
One final "bug":
That's hardly a bug: the next quest implies you need 3 more brains not just another one.
zSXxRDR.png
Faith is supposed to be the sneaky-sneak lockpicker person. Maybe she does better if you buff her evasion and get her the forcefield armour and stuff that doesn't give too many penalties, I don't know how powerful a high dodge character can be in this game. I agree she is weaker than Evans if you dress her up normally, though.
That's simply because he has tough bastard feat from the start while she has educated. Other than that their stats are very close and starting combat skills are hardly matter, you may raise whatever.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, what happened to frag grenades?

We have poison, smoke, flash, EMP, stasis, and some sort of skill-drain thing. But what if we just want something that goes "boom" and does some raw damage to a group of people tightly clustered around each other?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One final "bug":
That's hardly a bug: the next quest implies you need 3 more brains not just another one.
zSXxRDR.png
Faith is supposed to be the sneaky-sneak lockpicker person. Maybe she does better if you buff her evasion and get her the forcefield armour and stuff that doesn't give too many penalties, I don't know how powerful a high dodge character can be in this game. I agree she is weaker than Evans if you dress her up normally, though.
That's simply because he has tough bastard feat from the start while she has educated. Other than that their stats are pretty close and starting combat skills are hardly matter. you could raise whatever.

True, but I think it would be nice to deposit the brains as you collect them. Maybe
she can give another injection for your other teammates (she only needed one to make the original injection)
But I agree it's not really a bug if the original idea was to not let the player deposit brains until he has the total required.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Sharpface dialogue, in case you dont want to metagame :>
solid line is success
dotted line is fail
UwfV2Ji.png

sadly, there aint much to optimize since you probably want that 2 computer check...

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I could lockpick the door behind the counter, but it said it would make 10 noise. When I did it, it LOWERED everyone's detection (2 guys had empty bars, guy behind counter had around 25%). Opening and closing the door I picked and the one that was already open raised their detection.

Can't replicate, just opened the lock and it went up correctly... When the bar reaches 75% they move to find the source of the sound, and then reset to 25%, maybe that was it?

Alphons

Cipher
I could lockpick the door behind the counter, but it said it would make 10 noise. When I did it, it LOWERED everyone's detection (2 guys had empty bars, guy behind counter had around 25%). Opening and closing the door I picked and the one that was already open raised their detection.

Can't replicate, just opened the lock and it went up correctly... When the bar reaches 75% they move to find the source of the sound, and then reset to 25%, maybe that was it?

Possible. Picked the lock, killed the guy behind counter and started combat in the same turn, so they didn't have time to react.
I'll see how it works with second character.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
why does this trigger combat?
has anyone managed to pull the fucker into a sneak kill?

MrMarbles

Cipher
Just got it. It's for about $10 which is great but I really wish if I could could throw more money at VD & Co since they really deserve it.

I think I may wait a little while before I start a playthrough.
You can always get a few extra copies as gifts for others. It's what I did for AoD and DR, and will probably do with this as well when the full game is out.

Got my own copy ofc, now for the blue balls period

Nm6k

Scholar
How do you join Mercy?
Answer comes from steam forum
"If you convince Mercy to betray Jonas, she'll decide not to stop half way and kill Braxton (with your help) after you kill Jonas with Braxton's help." You have to join in on the fight to kill Jonas.
They might add in another way latter

Jinn

Arcane
Both playthroughs took around 9,5 hours.

Great to read, particularly since it's for both playthroughs! If you play anything like me (methodically, but still at a steady pace), then this is going to be the perfect length for me for this type of game at about 30-40 hours.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So how is the game shaping? Is it authistic as age of decadence or is it more open free to explore?

More accessible without the constant tension of the next skill check or encounter. I bet retards will still find a way to fail.
I take it that the setting is still pretty good,after all it was the strongest thing in AoD. Is it an open world like or is it like AoD's focus on starting factions ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom