Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Codex Year of the Donut
MEA was better for popping moles
the descent DLC for DAI was actually pretty good

Rieser

Scholar
DA:I... I'm impressed you even got the the point where you knew the plot. I quit playing that thing after a few hours. With UI/UX that fucking horrendous in a AAA-game, how good could anything else possibly be?

Codex Year of the Donut
DA:I... I'm impressed you even got the the point where you knew the plot. I quit playing that thing after a few hours. With UI/UX that fucking horrendous in a AAA-game, how good could anything else possibly be?
It actually had a few decent ideas e.g., the war table, especially when your choices impacted quests/the world
having it tied to real-life time was pants on head fucking retarded though

Codex Year of the Donut
The wokeness was the plot, in DAI, i.e. there are no Gods, the Church is morally wrong cultural appropriators, what people thought were gods were actually niggers elves, and the niggers are actually OP-OP and people should really just worship them.

Oh and fags, trannies and more fags and the paladins Grey Wardens are corrupt white human supremacists and liars.

That was the DAI plot. It made me angry after playing, unlike MEA, which was so forgettable... the wokest part about the MEA plot was evil colonization race (while being a colonizing race yourself, and not realizing the irony)
DAI also walked back much of the grimdarkness of DAO and things like qunari blatantly being a stand-in for muslims

Larianshill

Arbiter
The most offensive part in DAI for me were the french - I'm sorry, the orlesians. They were like walking parodies of Game of Thrones. "Dude, what if our entire population is always masked, and they always lie and plot against each other, to the point it's a cultural norm to be a plotting scumbag".

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The most offensive part in DAI for me were the french - I'm sorry, the orlesians.

On top of what you said, which is true, the egregious thing is the fucking accent. It's a faux french accent.

It's the accent dumb americans make when they are pretending to talk with a french accent. Faux (Oxford) English accent is annoying enough, but faux French is like nails-on-chalkboard grating.

If only there was a french speaking population in Canada or sth. which Bioware could have used for their french accents.

Padzi

Arbiter
Americans don't even know what French sounds like.
Once I was speaking with an American, and he asked me - are you French?
I have that strong "r" because I'm Polish. I mean... he could've mistaken me for Russian, but he seriously thought my native language is French. :lol:

KVVRR

Learned
The most offensive part in DAI for me were the french - I'm sorry, the orlesians. They were like walking parodies of Game of Thrones. "Dude, what if our entire population is always masked, and they always lie and plot against each other, to the point it's a cultural norm to be a plotting scumbag".
so just quarians then?

Silverfish

Arbiter

I gave up after the first area was nothing but MMO bitchwork. My time's not valuable, but it's more valuable than that.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I wasn't bothered with DA:I woke stuff at all since it was written nicely. On the other hand Andromeda lost integrity what makes it Mass Effect. It twas written in a hurry and didn't have quality or sensible Mass effect style.
One time it felt like it when you discover that strange AI thing in frozen planet. It had promising start with space occurrence only it didn't follow through it. It was missed opportunity for something great.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
2. He assumes that atmospheric entries are imperatively hot, which is not true. A cold (low velocity) atmospheric entry is indeed physically possible. What was Shepards velocity upon entering the atmosphere? Apparently not high enough to have him burn to a crisp and disintegrate.

3. The guy needs to polish up on his physics, because the drag caused by a planet's atmosphere slows down objects to terminal velocity.

What? It's called reentry. Going above, say, 2 km/s is going to do wonders to human tissue. Or spacesuit, it's not like they come with ablators.

Semiurge

Cipher
Of course there had to be a pink haired military commander.

Gender-fluid hairstyles are to be expected from now on, they're part of a uniform.

This one troubles me. The most memorable thing from ME3 I have is the awesome high dynamic range of the audio, taken directly from the Battlefield series. I wonder if this "remix" and "enhancement" brought these dynamics to ME1 and 2 or did they go the "loudness war" route and flattened everything to shit. If they go the ME: Andromeda way it's going to suck big balls (the dynamic range is good, but whenever a squadmate speaks - and they talk a lot during combat - the volume of all audio is lowered, so that you don't miss a single vowel, which is stupid and annoying).

Also, I bet my RX570 is probably going to struggle with this remaster, so the best thing I can do is to skip it - but I'm still somehow interested. It causes me some slight discomfort.

I don't know about those but Witchers 2-3 have pretty tinny audio, probably due to heavy compression. Must be because there are so many gigabytes of if.

They don't care about the lore or their actual fans anymore. They're fixated on brown nosing the woke crowd and shoving their ideology into the games.
*cough* Mass Effect Derpomeda

ME series has always had a sizable queer following. ME1's lesbian romance got their attention, it was rare at the time.

Nobody likes french canadians.

french canadian women are QT

They're like all vocal minorities that refuse to integrate and want autonomy. They got theirs because anglo-Canadians were weak, and still are. Their "president" is a french boy-pussy.

Last edited:

Yldr

Educated
Andromeda lost integrity what makes it Mass Effect. It was written in a hurry and didn't have quality or sensible Mass effect style.
I'm part of the plebs who enjoyed Andromeda but on that point I'm 100% on board.

Renegade dialogues feel much more impactful in the trilogy, Andromeda's milquetoast non-committal dialogues are so boring compared to a no-fun-allowed military asshole Shepard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom