Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game bugs that made you lol

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Was reading the Mount & Blade reddit recently and saw a description of two bugs that gave me a chuckle. One guy had a bug where all the male villagers in his fiefdoms were wearing white wedding dresses. Another guy in that topic was hollering for help because whenever he opened M&B Warband and loaded his game, much to his consternation, his longtime character had turned into a great man-sized italian meatball and no matter what he did he couldn't fix it (users suggested he delete his cache). What are some of your funniest game bugs? Pix 'n' videos welcome.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The Arcania classic is always in fashion.

1820.jpg

typical user

Arbiter
I tried to give this game a chance but this was my breakpoint. That scene took 180-degree turn.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
"The first time I shot the rocket launcher, I used the wrong art for the missile," explains Cain, "and instead of a rocket shooting out and exploding, a man appeared in front of me, ran to my target, and blew up into tiny pieces. We laughed so much that I replaced the man with a dog so we had a puppy launcher."

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
From my time with Cyberpunk three moments stood out.

One time I was going to kill a group of gang members in a parking lot, they were grouped up and as I was ready to snipe one when suddenly, from the sky, a garbage truck fell right on them.

In the mission where you need to help that cop guy you have a part where he drives the car and you two talk. He is all cool and collected talking how tough is to be a cop while the car constantly bumped from the people who were screaming while getting run over by him.

My favorite was when I was in a apartment in the top of the building. I accidentally pressed a button to call my bike. I started hearing this strange noise that sounded like a pinball machine, then the elevator door leading to the apartment opened up and there was my bike burning in flames slowly going up the stairs towards me.

x7DDUG.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

When I played Skyrim near release the first big dungeon you go to has a scripted event of a "Giant Wounded Frostbite Spider" dropping from the ceiling and blocking your path. Well when I entered the room it came majestically flying down stiffly and then died on impact.

God bless Todd.

In Kingmaker the corpses of my (alive) party would appear laying around on the minimap in one particular map.

In Witcher 1 Geralt's face would "fall off" like melted cheese.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
They're known memes, but Sports/Wrestling games always have the best bugs. Low quality assurance and shit development cycles produce some great albeit unintentional modern art pieces.

video-game-physical-11.gif

video-game-physical-14.gif

video-game-physical-04.gif

video-game-physical-16.gif

video-game-physical-05.gif

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In NHL 94 or 95 on the Mega Drive you could skate up into the audience when it was paused for penalty/players sent to the booth. I always found that hilarious as hell as a kid. And not sure if bug or intentional, but in Fifa 95 if you got a late penalty you could run from the referee forever and ever if you manage to dodge him. Funny to do on your own, but as a bonus it was a great way to piss if your mate if you played against him :)

Ghulgothas

Arcane
God, this thread is bringing back some old memories. Apologies for the embed spam but I remember of a lot of funny ones from years ago.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
A bug I personally experienced was when, in a major plot progression element, Charles Vane in Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (voiced by Ralph Ineson) accidentally blows himself up with his own dynamite. Not particularly funny but since it was such an important encounter in the game, and I was enjoying it, I'm sure someone was laughing that my fun was taken away *looks heavenward*

Atrachasis

Augur
Two Worlds had its moments, not just for the entertainment factor of the cheesiness of it all.

There is a point along the main quest where you re-emerge from a dungeon to find that (due to your actions - but no real choice there if you want the quest to progress) the city has been overrun by orc invaders. All NPCs dead, corpses everywhere, and hostile orcs around every corner...

...except for one meticulous orc, who had apparently been given an animation intended for a townsperson, and was thus peacefully sweeping the streets amidst all the chaos.

Poseidon00

Arcane
For some reason in my New Vegas mod setup NPCs heads will randomly do a 360 degree turn while I am in dialogue with them. Like some Exorcist shit. I haven't tried to fix it

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
In Gothic 2 I was talking to Diego in Khorinis, and accidentally said something to him (having him accompany me somewhere?) so that he went inside, changed clothes and came back outside. I told him I had changed my mind or something, so he went back inside, changed his clothes... and came back out in his underwear.

Before NewDark came along, there was the possibility in Thief 1 and 2 that doors would misbehave when frobbed, detatch themselves and float away, paying no heed to objects, critters or even scenery!

Then there's this:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Daggerfall:

The error #666 has been removed. The error reported instead of this is the actual error the program intended to report.
Sleeping on a ship or in your own house no longer summons the city guards.
Repairing items no longer causes the game to crash during a save
Going into your inventory when you have left items in the tavern no longer crashes your game.
The skeleton no longer walks backwards.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
In ToEE, the pickpocketing system had a stupid bug where instead of allowing only light non-worn item to be stolen, anything in inventory could be. And so it happens that from time to time the NPC thief would snatch your chainmail right off you.

sser

Arcane
Developer
GTA III was intended to have a flyable airplane in it, but they nixed the idea after 9/11. But they didn't really take out the plane itself, they just (literally) clipped its wings. So the plane was technically/supposedly impossible to take off with. However, if you drove the plane's nose into the ground while on the runway the physics engine would pop it into the sky at which point you were good to go --- you simply needed to maintain a careful balance of altitude by dipping down for acceleration and then going skyward again. What it really meant though was that you could fly around a map not meant to be flown around, and if you flew around the edges you'd come across this weird ass "ghost" replica of part of the city which apparently was where the cinematics were shot.

Another bug people sometimes forget is that if you placed vehicles on the train tracks just right, the train's collision would break the physics and send the vehicle soaring through the air which was some pretty spectacular shit back then.

The game in general had a shitload of hilarious bugs.

Also not sure if it qualifies as a bug per se, but there was a cheat code to give every civilian weapons and then set their AI to start killing everything in sight. It made for ridiculous gauntlet challenges, like trying to get across the city in one piece while everyone is mowing each other down and explosions are going off left and right. I suppose one bug would be that if you saved the game in this state there was literally no going back: it locked the game into that mayhem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom