Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News First Feudal settles on Release

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: First Feudal; Harpoon Games

Harpoon Games's First Feudal has left Early Access for those people looking to be TEH KING. Build a settlement, whip your peasants in to shape, grow crops, and klill the bandits. There's even multiplayer for up to 6 people, which is something the settlement builder genre needs to do more. Being able to run around as your own character while playing is also a nice thing. Here's some tidbits:

• Settlers
    In order to make a village attractive to new settlers, you need to take care of its residents’ comfort. Peasants need cozy houses and good food. However, for particularly lazy peasants in addition to carrot there is a whip.
  • Battles
    Bandits, wolves and bears will regularly attack your settlement. You can lead the militia or stay out of combat by letting your people defend themselves. To reduce casualties, you can hide behind powerful walls or lure the enemy into meticulously placed traps.
  • Agriculture
    Collection and hunting solve the hunger problem at early stages only. In a highly developed settlement, you need to start growing various crops and farming animals.
  • Trade
    The village will be regularly visited by merchants. They will offer their goods and buy your produce. With time, you will be able to send trade caravans to other locations.

Now, let us all thank Russia for this!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The name is cool, good medieval music and looks cleverly designed. Not the worst idea actually.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Looks like a way deeper version of Hinterland, a game that I still enjoyed regardless of how shallow it was (it wasn't super shallow, but it could've used more). Might actually buy this one..

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
At this point, any game that looks and plays like Rimworld really need to explain what they can do differently.

Rimworld + medieval mods is a highly polished, finely crafted experience on its own.

Skdursh

Savant
Rate me butthurt, but it irritates the shit out of me when people describe games as "like Rimworld" when Rimworld itself is just a copycat Dwarf Fortress, but less interesting. Anyone who disagrees I have one word for you: Z-levels.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Rate me butthurt, but it irritates the shit out of me when people describe games as "like Rimworld" when Rimworld itself is just a copycat Dwarf Fortress, but less interesting. Anyone who disagrees I have one word for you: Z-levels.

At this point, colony sims are a genre. It's why nobody calls FPS games Doom/Wolfenstein copycats anymore.

However, the aesthetic and layout of this game are clearly "inspired" by Rimworld.

Codex Year of the Donut
because dwarf fortress is really hard to play, which arguably makes it a bad game.
I'd be surprised if more than a handful of people on the codex have actually played(as in, extended length session) dwarf fortress. Which says a lot, because codex is full of people willing to play games with really shitty UX.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
because dwarf fortress is really hard to play, which arguably makes it a bad game.
I'd be surprised if more than a handful of people on the codex have actually played(as in, extended length session) dwarf fortress. Which says a lot, because codex is full of people willing to play games with really shitty UX.

I have. I remember one huge fortress I made on an Aquafer, because I was a nooblet, I thought Aquafers were a good thing. I was building my "apartment layer" when I hit that damned thing. So, I scrambled to make the layer under it a drainage layer with grates long the floor in the apartment layer to let the water pass. I eventually had to dig upwards in order to install windmills to drive pumps in the drainage layer because it flooded so quickly. This eventually led to water mills on the outlets for the water which powered everything else.

Gastrick

Cipher
Looks to me like roguelike minecraft, pass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom