Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Harold Halibut - stop motion game that looks absolutely bonkers

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last edited by a moderator:

WallaceChambers

Learned
The devs refer to it as both an adventure game and narrative exploration game on social media. I've been following this one for a few years and I wouldn't expect problem solving/puzzles/substantial gameplay of any sort. Not that they've shown enough of the game for me to actually know for sure.

It does look fantastic, though, and I really like the atmosphere. Couldn't be worse than Truberbrook, anyways.

V_K

Arcane
I don't think it's proper stop motion. Looks more like they 3D-scanned miniatures and animated them afterwards, similar to Dream Machine.
Btw, there's also this puzzle platformer on Kickstarter that actually is stop motion: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/esbenkongorange/vokabulantis. It already reached its goal but there are still 3 days left to jump on the bandwagon if that's your kind of thing.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Give me all the gigabytes. Feels a bit too saturday cartoon vibe-wise but it's got style enough for me to pay.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Looks like one of these BBC animation, where everybody speaks with nose accent, live in old European house, but more than half of population is brown.

Modron

Arcane
Well it's actually happening: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/924750/view/4112421601113879843
Harold Halibut is coming out April 16!

Hallo! After 10 years of development, we’re so excited to share that Harold Halibut has a launch date. You can expect to play our game on April 16! That’s in less than three weeks!

You can check out our trailer here - we made it for the Future Game Show Spring Showcase, and it shows some new scenes that hint at the game’s story.

If you are interested in Harold Halibut and have not had time to wishlist in the past ten years (it happens to all of us), please consider wishlisting to get a notification on our release date!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
They apparently spent more than a decade (edit: 14 years!?!) making this?

Holy shit, it better be good.

:shredder:

Ivan

Arcane
I played it on GP. It looks fantastic, but feels sluggish to control. I was pretty put off that it wasn't point and click. Also, idk if it was other physical ailments, but I was falling asleep pretty soon after the intro. Voice acting didn't much for me and I was missing more sound effects work. I've put it aside for now as I've other, better titles to finish at the moment.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Steam reviews are strong so far:

1713371755608.png

Reading through a few of them, some people say it's more like an interactive movie than a game, so it might be light on gameplay? I might get this on sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom