Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The trails series is "Stockholm Syndrome: The series" thank God i managed to escape after i finished Cold Steel 2, and that was already the lowest of the low bottom barrel of light novel writing tier. I was hoping that Kondo was pulling some deconstruction of the genre stuff but it was all unironic.

Bara

Arcane
So I finished Trails in the Sky 1 a while a go and I'm thinking of giving two a shot once I finish IWD2 again.

Does the plot get more interesting or pickup in two? The combats fine and the world itself is interesting enough but plot in the first game felt like a chore to get through.

Duraframe300

Arcane
So I finished Trails in the Sky 1 a while a go and I'm thinking of giving two a shot once I finish IWD2 again.

Does the plot get more interesting or pickup in two? The combats fine and the world itself is interesting enough but plot in the first game felt like a chore to get through.

1 is like a really long prologue to 2, so yes. Its a lot faster paced.

Deleted member 7219

Not long now, PC Master Race!

05E4E487-91E5-4439-8CD1-3F596917D990.jpeg

Data4

Arcane
So, apparently, they are making a Trails of Cold Steel anime series:

https://www.siliconera.com/trails-of-cold-steel-will-receive-an-anime-adaptation-in-2022/

Trails of Cold Steel Will Receive an Anime Adaptation in 2022
By KITE STENBUCK 10 hours ago

Trails-of-Cold-Steel-anime-adaptation-710x400.jpg

Nihon Falcom announced a TV anime adaptation of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on the company’s 40th-anniversary stream. The show is scheduled to air in 2022. [Thanks, 4Gamer!]

Falcom revealed the upcoming anime adaptation is a global joint project with four other companies. In addition to the content brand SYOU and the anime production company NADA Holdings, Falcom will also work with Funimation Global Group, LLC, which handles global anime distribution, and UserJoy Technology Co., Ltd., which has been distributing Falcom titles to Taiwan and other Asian countries.

Trails of Cold Steel consists of four games that began with the first title’s release on the PlayStation 3 and Vita in September 2013. The last title in the tetralogy, Trails of Cold Steel IV, was released first in Japan for the PlayStation 4 in September 2018. The game tetralogy primarily told the story of Rean Schwarzer, who enrolled at the Thors Military Academy in the Erebonian Empire. The new press release stated that the anime adaptation will depict the story in West Zemuria based on the original games.

All titles in the Cold Steel tetralogy are currently available worldwide on the PlayStation 4. The series is also gradually making its way to the PC and Nintendo Switch. NIS America will release The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV for Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam on April 9, 2021.

It's funny, since I have as of late been thinking that it'd probably be a good idea if someone adapted some of the Trails arcs to anime. For one thing, the Cold Steel series has better world-building, characters, visual design, and plot than the vast majority of anime series out there. It definitely sounds interesting and I, for one, look forward to this.

There already is a TiTS anime.

cruel

Cipher
I miss Cold Steel so much. More than 2 months since I finished CS4 and I'm still sad. 13 Sentinels helped a little, but now I'm sad again. Tried once again with first TiTS, it's just not the same.

I'm doing nostalgia trips on youtube, and I don't know, interactions like that:

https://youtu.be/6mp_nFuUMEo?t=700

That's what made the game golden for me. Interesting, human-like characters, acting natural, excellent voice acting, humor, and so much love put into all of this. I think Cold Steel series did to me the same thing Dark Souls did to me in 2015 - all other games are shit in comparison :|

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I miss Cold Steel so much. More than 2 months since I finished CS4 and I'm still sad. 13 Sentinels helped a little, but now I'm sad again. Tried once again with first TiTS, it's just not the same.

I'm doing nostalgia trips on youtube, and I don't know, interactions like that:

https://youtu.be/6mp_nFuUMEo?t=700

That's what made the game golden for me. Interesting, human-like characters, acting natural, excellent voice acting, humor, and so much love put into all of this. I think Cold Steel series did to me the same thing Dark Souls did to me in 2015 - all other games are shit in comparison :|
wait for hajimari that's your last dance with the cast. i do welcome kuro's upcoming "soft reset" though and we're finally moving to completely different part of the continent.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I haven't beaten TiTS1 in a while (about 4 years?) should I just jump to 2 even still? I know most of the characters but I'm not sure if I want to refresh myself by playing again or just jump into 2.

Kuro no Kiseki is gonna be the shit. Callin' it now and fuck the haters.
I think the quality of the series has been consistent enough (despite the recent setting being in school deterring me) that it'll be fine. I'm a little accepting of the new combat style too since I think after so many games and so many hours, why not mix things up?

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I guess you could also do a recap from youtube? Seems there are a few videos like that in there, dunno about the quality though. FC does have a lot of fluff, since it's kind of a introductory journey around Liberl.

I've more or less enjoyed everything I've played from Falcom so far, so I'm expecting Kuro to be fine enough. Just seems like such a waste to switch after refining the TB combat over so many games.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I haven't beaten TiTS1 in a while (about 4 years?) should I just jump to 2 even still? I know most of the characters but I'm not sure if I want to refresh myself by playing again or just jump into 2.

I would play tits 1 again 4 years is quite long time and because of tits 1 ending. Im probably going to play tits1-ao every 2 years or so done it 3-4 times already.

Deleted member 7219

It's expensive.

But still worth the buy.

I'm double dipping, having already played to completion on PS4. That was always the deal. I'll support Falcom's efforts to keep westernising these, even though I'm ambivalent towards NISA.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Weird, the launch announcement shows two separate price points, but the steam page only shows the more expensive one.

014ab1ec2534a345366f548a89eccf39367cfe82.png

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Bundle is 79,96€ with 20% off (eurofag) think Im going to pass and replay later with ps4 or buy with higher discount

Jinn

Arcane
Was able to buy the base game on Greenmangaming at 20% off right now. Just so everyone knows, it's a legit site that works with publishers, so the money is getting to the right place.

Can't wait to play tonight! Wish I didn't have to go to work.

I stalk the night
Patron
Was able to buy the base game on Greenmangaming at 20% off right now. Just so everyone knows, it's a legit site that works with publishers, so the money is getting to the right place.

Can't wait to play tonight! Wish I didn't have to go to work.

Thanks for the tip. Quick googling and got the 20% off with the code SPR21

Ventidius

Arbiter
I was a bit sour on Cold Steel IV after being somewhat dissatisfied with the ending, but starting new playthroughs of the other Cold Steel games reminded me just how much of an improvement it was in so many key areas and, frankly, just how much I enjoyed the overall journey. Couldn't help myself from buying it again, heh, and I even got the Digital Deluxe Edition.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm double dipping, having already played to completion on PS4. That was always the deal. I'll support Falcom's efforts to keep westernising these, even though I'm ambivalent towards NISA.
They're getting better, and I believe they hired old XSEED staff anyway?

I dunno, I hated it when it was announced (it was a betrayal) but it seems NIS is getting better from higher Falcom expectations? Both from the company and from the audience.
I feel like that's a net gain, in that now a company is trying to reach another's standards while the other company still exists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom