Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Farathan - Polish Gothic knockoff

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A Gothic-like game, just like that?
upload_2021-4-10_8-33-6.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was interested when the first gameplay video I saw was obviously played with mouse + keyboard. These previews are just as clearly played with a controller. Speaks volumes.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was interested when the first gameplay video I saw was obviously played with mouse + keyboard. These previews are just as clearly played with a controller. Speaks volumes.
I'm very much a kb&m guy myself, but honestly those games lend themselves very well for using a controller.
It just works well with the typical Gothic-like controls.

The only issue could be if they decide to make the interface for controllers and then apply the same interface for kb&m.
That's what usually irks me - it makes the UI complete shit for kb&m usage.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They had a failed Kickstarter campaign last month: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/farathan/farathan-rpg-game/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/farathan/farathan-rpg-game/posts/3149871

What will happen to Farathan?

Dear backers and followers.

As you all probably know Kickstarter is all or nothing. So your cards will not be charged, and we will receive nothing from the sum gathered.

Some of you have already supported us via paypal for which we are very grateful. This update will be about this campaign, do we think it was worth it, what will happen to Farathan and how you can support us and claim your rewards outside of Kickstarter.

Do we think it was worth it?
Despite the failure(that is about to happen) it had a great effect on our recognizability. Tons of support from YouTubers and their fans.

bc3fd773d8de3c6f86faa3e90621ad0f_original.png

Also, almost every gaming media in Poland and Russia has mentioned our project. You can find many of the articles on our site https://farathan.com

e312ccd732b71026bdcbc19797e95a0f_original.png

And of course the Steam wishlist that grows every day - showing us that we are on the right path. Reaching 2092 at the moment, I am writing this update.

161ee824ff4b3c9d1defc1c0c890c206_original.png

So it was totally worth it. Everything says we are on the right path, but it was too early to fire a Kickstarter campaign.
What will happen to Farathan?
We never stopped working, while waiting for Kickstarter. Even the dialogues were recorded. The game will appear on december 22, 2021. But if we see it has bugs we will postpone the date.

The new numbers about the game.

1.) The game will have a full english voiceover nontheless - but:

1a) The world game is reduced by 38%

1b) The quest number will be 120-160 quests.

1c) The estimated play time 40-60 hours.

1d) A DLC will be released in which the remaining 38% of the game world will be added. Everyone who buys the game before the DLC Premier will get the DLC for free!

1e) The price of the game will be reduced from 35 to 20 - 25 €

This is the new map after cutting the terrain. Still pretty big.

b63e1ee758937ef16a69c6aca10da95d_original.png

The pre-alpha tests
They went pretty well. People loved the terrain and the exploration was very rewarding. Of course hundreds of bugs but no one was able to crash the game. Which makes us very happy.

And what is most important many people say they can feel this Gothic vibe.

How you can support us and claim your rewards outside of Kickstarter.
The money will be used to develop the game. Your support will give us more flexibility in fixing things like ugly sounds, creepy graphics or add variety, with new voices.

There are two ways to support us.

If you are from abroad the best way is PayPal

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=QHKX4E2AQXDH2

If you are from Poland

20 1950 0001 2006 0080 8741 0002 - Idea bank.

Daniel Wilczek Clientelo,

Franciszkańska 15 41-200 Sosnowiec

Tytuł: dotacja

After the donation write an email to us on contact@farathan.com with your Kickstarter nick - we will send the steam keys to you within 24 hours. They are already active able. ( you can add it to your library not play ;) )

So Kickstarter was tons of fun but now we are focusing 100% on the game. We hope "we see" you all in our game at the end of the year :) We wish you happy Holidays and a great life :)

P.S There will be no relaunch of this campaign.

Dodo1610

Arcane
This isn't a knockoff this might actually be plagiarism. Even the textures look like they were stolen from Gothic 2.

Holy crap this is the most unoriginal game I have seen in a while, someone really needs to tell these people that you can't just use these ancient animations in UE4 because it looks terrible. Also, damage number and colourful VFX for simple things like drinking a potion are not Gothic.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You're all laughing now, but when this game gets released, you'll buy it on day 1 and play it and love it, despite all the jank!

I would play any "jank" game over a AAA pseudo RPG all about managing cooldowns and farming gear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom