Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm Jaedar on steam, but apparantly it uses friend codes now and it is 24987248.
Hit me up Strange Fellow

bionicman

Liturgist
Watched the game. Vikings played better overall but got diced hard, should've been a draw at the very least.

I was hoping for a perma on that one surfed chorf to make it easier for the rest of us, too bad.

BTW Around 18:00, timezone: UTC+2, is when I'll be beating up the elves, if anyone wants to watch.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't complain, you started with rolling a fuckin' PERFECT blitz AND ball position. Right next to my hob hole in defence. :M:M:M

Last edited:

bionicman

Liturgist
Blitz doesn't mean much to norse (more useful to elves, skaven, etc). On offense, rain is a lot more detrimental for agility 3 teams (turns them into khemri), you're forced to play defensively on offense. Doesn't help the fact that his sure hands piece got badly hurt in the first half.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ork fists will collide with dark elf spikes tomorrow at 7 (cest).

From the chatter in the locker room my witch elf is looking forward to the waves.

bionicman

Liturgist
Well, theoretically if I were good enough at maths I would be able to calculate the probabilities too, would that be cheating?

To be fair, I don't use it as much anymore since I've played the game enough to know roughly the likelihood of success of various actions.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But the % to succeed is displayed in-game on all dice rolls, isn't it? Am I missing something?

bionicman

Liturgist
It is but let's say you're thinking of "What's the likelihood of of me double-red blocking this with block vs one-die blocking without block", helps you understand the exact probabilities and get better at the game faster.

You can add up those probabilities and see how likely something is to happen, so if elves do some elf bullshit play it can be interesting to see the probability of it, etc.

It's not considered cheating in the blood bowl community, far from it (it's one of the recommended tools to get better at blood bowl). Also note that bb1 didn't show %s but just whether it's a 2+, 3+, etc.

Generally, too, it's not used during the game cause the turn timers are too fast (e.g. in CCL), but after to analyze your mistakes and alternative plays and such.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Well, theoretically if I were good enough at maths I would be able to calculate the probabilities too, would that be cheating?
I mean I see no issue with using it between games. But using it during a game feels like cheating, a bit like using a chess bot during a chess game would be cheating.

bionicman

Liturgist
If you insist I won't use it (like I said anyways I rarely use it nowadays, used it a lot when I was learning blood bowl).

I wouldn't say that it's the same as chess bot. Chess bot tells you where to move your pieces, tactical advice. This just does calculations for you so you can do the tactical part yourself, i.e. a newbie with this tool will be crushed 99% of the time by someone who knows how to play blood bowl. It only helps you understand certain probability better.

If you play let's say vs. Magnus Carlsen by using some advanced chess bot, you are probably going to beat him, and it will be obvious (cause of high correct move accuracy, or however they call this). This is also how they ban people who cheat even in online chess (if their moves are too correct for a human). No such AI helper for blood bowl exists though.

edit: Actually, I was wrong, seems there is an AI project thing (seems like a competition of sorts): https://njustesen.github.io/ffai/
Still, different than a numbers calculator and wasn't something I was suggesting you use.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
20210410231704_1.jpg

20210410231705_2.jpg

Incels took fast 1-0 and stalled to keep lead in first half.
2nd half, the incels luck ran out and the Ugly Bastards steamrolled them down to 4 men on the field. One dead , one injury and 4 KOs.
They stopped playing and just ran to the opposing half as the dorf cage pointed and laugh at the sissies.

20210410232146_1.jpg

Not wishing to take risks, the bastards settled for a draw.

bionicman

Liturgist
I didn't know you guys were playing so I didn't watch it live, I'll watch the replay later. Which player have you lost boot? A lineman?

bionicman

Liturgist
My God do 4 minute turns take forever. Granted we were chatting the whole time, but still.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Dang, I wanted to watch that. Did you start late, or did I just miss where you watch live games?

bionicman

Liturgist
Dang, I wanted to watch that. Did you start late, or did I just miss where you watch live games?

If you go to the 'lobby' part of REAL Codexia Grand Open, under the schedule tab you'll find the result of our match. You have to click on it and then click to watch the replay.

BTW the match was nothing spectacular. Incredibly unfair, in fact, since this was Zanzoken's first experience of blood bowl multiplayer, and I've been playing this game for a while already. Either way I tried to give as many tips to Zanzoken so he can decimate your teams, so be prepared.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
If you go to the 'lobby' part of REAL Codexia Grand Open, under the schedule tab you'll find the result of our match. You have to click on it and then click to watch the replay.
Yeah, I know about that, but your match was greyed out when I checked earlier. I guess it hadn't started, then.

bionicman

Liturgist
Not sure what that was about. Maybe it hadn't started (we started a bit before 18:00 UTC+2) like you said. Or...

Did you also try looking for the live game through the Cabal TV menu (the one reached from the main menu)? I often look for replays and live games there as opposed to from the team or match thing.

Could also be the Cyanide servers being shitty, they're often being shitty.

Anyways, Zanzoken, this is the youtuber/streamer I was talking about: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4hzfz2rbFULXNJ4xOewDkA https://www.twitch.tv/andydavo

For context for others, Andy Davo is a what one could call a veteran blood bowl player (both when it comes to the video game and tabletop), and his videos (on youtube) are quite informative when it comes to learning new tactics and concepts from blood bowl. I mostly watch his streams though (on twitch), since he and his co-host Zunk are my favorite blood bowl streamers (there are other streamers too, I just prefer these ones). Watching a good blood bowl player play on stream can help improve your own blood bowl play, hence my suggestion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom