Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
slightly related, there is tower to the west of that screenshot with 3 computer check. 10 int, mastermind, tagged, started with 2 and I still couldnt reach 3 computers. Quite insane. Whats worse though is how my character cant go back to that place. Low str, can't use companion, used electronics. That route destroys elevator. To leave I performed dex check and used rope to leave through another tower. You cant go back through the rope nor perform dex check backwards. With elevator gone you can only use str which im locked out... Quite annoying, had to find really old save since I went out of my way to have that computer skill!

As for crit - yeah, so far it can be only farmed elsewhere. To takedown the thug on a way to 'boss' in the outskirts you have to have 75 value and it's something you cannot possible gain by doing takedowns only and even using both tokens unless skill is tagged, in which case I'm not sure.
in outskirts, close to entrance there are 2 thugs about to jump on some dude. It bugs me that you cant kill one before combat starts even though they have their backs turned on you

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
anyone was able to perform takedown on frog?
rITzu7O.png

This is a very convenient spot for that but the game doesn't allow to perform takedown. I'm not sure is it intentional or not. Probably is. Elhoim ? By the way, pressing alt during stealth sections shows what, potential suspicion points?

EDIT: also while you are looking at this - Faithe's THIEF trait either doesn't working correctly or doesn't work at all. The ASSASSIN as well. I was testing them on lockpicking and sneaking skills.

Additionally, the THIEF trait supposed to provide stealing learning rate but I've no idea how to raise Faithe's stealing at all. Neibor can train only MC and there's no option for her at the stores unlike in Jed's case.

which is odd as you can even see takedown values when you hover over one and why im asking in first place. Bullfrog is so low you cna do it without critical strike.

slightly related, there is tower to the west of that screenshot with 3 computer check. 10 int, mastermind, tagged, started with 2 and I still couldnt reach 3 computers. Quite insane. Whats worse though is how my character cant go back to that place. Low str, can't use companion, used electronics. That route destroys elevator. To leave I performed dex check and used rope to leave through another tower. You cant go back through the rope nor perform dex check backwards. With elevator gone you can only use str which im locked out... Quite annoying, had to find really old save since I went out of my way to have that computer skill!

Also critical strike seem really hard to lvl up on sneaky character. It appears to me that only way to lvl it up currently is by farming combat with precise strike dagger... You would lose quite a few if you decide to sneak around. Perhaps takedown xp awards should be boosted?

Actually, you can go back, there's a slight bug with the dialogue. When I went a second time, I just clicked on the strength check. Failed it, but then the option to use the elevator returned. So then I rode it up again and was able to pass the computer check finally.

Basically it summons a shuttle thing that takes you across to the other side, which has a few items and the quest necessary stuff. I want to say there's a token there, but I can't remember. You then climb down to the ground floor and come out right where the air filters are located.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
At least you made it. In my current run I could only get up there but since MC didn't have dex for that subsequent check and neither computers I could only use fast travel to GTFO. Ironically enough, token for computers among other skills lies THERE but you cannot get back unless MC has 7+ str. Maybe it should be possible to pass this check by a companion, with a rope to others or something. Or without - if MC has enough str, others follow automatically, same for the dex jump.
just checked, you can click on destroyed elevator and can climb down without further checks. No need for dex to jump on another tower... not like there is anything to be found there

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
3 computer check. 10 int, mastermind, tagged, started with 2 and I still couldnt reach 3 computers
wat i remember
comp
2 armory pc to open implatnbody
2 armory sharpface talk
2 armory bunker training computer
3 armory bunker invis sphere
3 hydro terminal for bridge
? hydro 2nd floor woman scienctist
token

if you started wtih 2 and tagged, it should hvae taken you two checks to reach 3... 40base*2tag*2checks=160xp>120xpforlvl3

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Camptown ought to be more dangerous and speak directly to the downsides of Jonas's laissez-faire approach. As it stands now, you can get into more unprompted trouble walking around Main Street (alley junkies) than in Camptown where all murderous shenanigans are relegated to quest content you have to poke your nose into.

Yeah, we are planning on adding a few more encounters.

Also, fuck, the addition of a small permutation or two (not talking about full blown quests here) following the resolution of the Jonas vs Braxton conflict could go a long way towards representing the shifting power dynamics with immediate consequences. For instance, if Jonas wins then a previously passable street in camptown could be occupied by a fresh batch of junkiethugs (you've killed the Law, so we moved in) while if Braxton prevails the Hit n' Kill could be closed down (he is explicitly pro gun control and would want to shut down the distribution of guns to transient camptowners, as opposed to cracking down on the business serving the more grounded Main Street clientele.)

That will be shown once you return from the Habitats, with the Pit having different quests and events depending on who's leading.

jackofshadows

Magister
? hydro 2nd floor woman scienctist
She can train MC after bringing frog's psy brain i.e 40 base xp 80 if tagged 100 if tagged + mastermind. Anyway, reaching 3 with tagged is easy, but w/o tagged you have to eigher talk to sharpface or have 7str in order to go back to the tower once you obtain the token from up there. Agesilaus they've fixed elevator bug already not if I was going to abuse it.

Generally speaking, any skill which can be raised by training should be used by MC at all times because companions cannot always do that (like that sharpface check and missing the very needed xp). When they'll fix Faithe's thief trait though it'll be possible to train her in thouse skills w/o tagging them.

Also, not every check gives 40 xp, far from it. Containers in the Pit gives 20 base xp for example and that control panel at the start of Armory gives base 30 xp electronics + 30 computers xp

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
2 armory sharpface talk
2 armory bunker training computer
i uh... tagged lockpick but decided to give it a go without assigning it point at start. Now I cant get to armory as im missing 1 lockpick to reach lvl allowing me to bypass hard fight. I keep walking around in hope that I will find that missing check... somewhere

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
assigning a dot to lockpick makes no sense, fuckbuddy next to your appartment gives you one for ...free
arent you a sneaker?
get a companion, throw enough grenades into sharpfaces face...

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Someone is angry... Anyways, I've done about four runs! All melee users. Love the melee in this game. Very satisfying. Working on my fifth run - you guessed it, it's a melee user too!
nsZttAn.png
We need more challenging side encounters. And more sieges like the one against Jonas.

A popular theory is that, much like Luther turning to prejudice and vitriol when the Jews did not accept his message in overwhelming numbers, Pope became uncharacteristically bitter and blindly critical towards literally everything after the commerical failure of his Space Invaders remake featuring space elf romance options. I cannot speculate further but will say that I once had a relative who developed a Space Invaders remake featuring space elf romance options that proved to be a commercial failure and we don't talk about him anymore.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
#BUGREPORT

after rescuing hank in outskirts and following up this quest with sneak approach:
- I takedown closest guard
- I takedown guard behind locked door
- I get in position for remaining 2
- I turn distortion field on
- I takedown closest one
- remaining guard is in alerted mode and I have just enough AP to move behind him
- remaining guard turns towards me but combat doesnt start
- I can move again while standing on red field
- I takedown remaining guard even though we are standing face to face. During animation he turns nicely so that i can stab his back

Stuff i might assume be useful for repro:
- 10 dex
- 5 sneak
- 3 critical strike
- distortion field
- ghost
- prowler
- 0 noise/sneak penalty from gear

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Tagging a battery for trade, then going to the gadget screen, adding it, and clicking trade messes things up.

Couldn't reproduce this one. Any more details?

#BUGREPORT

after rescuing hank in outskirts and following up this quest with sneak approach:
- I takedown closest guard
- I takedown guard behind locked door
- I get in position for remaining 2
- I turn distortion field on
- I takedown closest one
- remaining guard is in alerted mode and I have just enough AP to move behind him
- remaining guard turns towards me but combat doesnt start
- I can move again while standing on red field
- I takedown remaining guard even though we are standing face to face. During animation he turns nicely so that i can stab his back

Stuff i might assume be useful for repro:
- 10 dex
- 5 sneak
- 3 critical strike
- distortion field
- ghost
- prowler
- 0 noise/sneak penalty from gear

You mean the cloaking device instead of distortion field?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
You mean the cloaking device instead of distortion field?
one that makes you harder to see per in game description, was tired and cant remember names

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom