Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Appreciation Post & other faggotry

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Hello :)

I was browsing the crpg subforum today and had a most clear epiphany : I love this website.
The irony of the top thread in this feedback category being about the codex becoming too edgy and overall degenerate isn't lost on me, but I felt like this post is even more warranted as a result.

I started lurking when Pillars of Eternity was announced, simply because I couldn't find a forum or website with a community interested in the matter back then, beyond some threads here and there. These discussions out there were remarkably polite and, therefore, bland so stumbling upon Sensuki's opinionated feedback felt extremely refreshing.

I stayed for the absolutely autistic more-or-less-in-depth discussions about game mechanics, crpg design ideas etc. Got hooked in trying old blobbers which got released years before I was born, and ended up meeting one of my favourite series to this day, with Book of the Inner Sanctum and World of Xeen combo. I would have never ever thought of playing a game with ASCII graphics (or similar) and here I was, 4-5 years ago, mapping the desert of M&M1 and stumbling upon a knight who finally unlocked some precious XP. Felt better than any goddamn quest completion from the previous 5yrs or so.

The politics part of the forum is obviously a den of the most vicious and deranged personas of the codex, but it also can feature interesting and surprising bits of information or trivia. It's still pretty bad but I take it as 4chan but a tiny less bit retarded.
I don't get to travel much (my bad, mostly), but I even grew to appreciate the local turks, russians, poles, germans and british even more, as I now *know* that their crpg fans are quality people, to the very least. This forum has done more for my appreciation of the Pax Europea than the EU.

I must admit in shame that I haven't supported the website financially yet, so I felt like making this heartfelt and oh so cute post to let the staff and regulars know that I, and most probably many more, are very grateful for the dynamic of this not-so-pristine community. Reviews, Discussions and precious topics about long-forgotten games or series make the codex very precious to us.

Cheers. :hug:

ps : this is indeed a brofist haversting attempt, you can signify your disapproval by hitting the friendly button instead.

Falksi

Arcane
fPHTkCP.gif

Maxie

I was browsing the crpg subforum today and had a most clear epiphany : I love this website.
The irony of the top thread in this feedback category being about the codex becoming too edgy and overall degenerate isn't lost on me, but I felt like this post is even more warranted as a result.

I started lurking when Pillars of Eternity was announced, simply because I couldn't find a forum or website with a community interested in the matter back then, beyond some threads here and there. These discussions out there were remarkably polite and, therefore, bland so stumbling upon Sensuki's opinionated feedback felt extremely refreshing.

I stayed for the absolutely autistic more-or-less-in-depth discussions about game mechanics, crpg design ideas etc. Got hooked in trying old blobbers which got released years before I was born, and ended up meeting one of my favourite series to this day, with Book of the Inner Sanctum and World of Xeen combo. I would have never ever thought of playing a game with ASCII graphics (or similar) and here I was, 4-5 years ago, mapping the desert of M&M1 and stumbling upon a knight who finally unlocked some precious XP. Felt better than any goddamn quest completion from the previous 5yrs or so.

The politics part of the forum is obviously a den of the most vicious and deranged personas of the codex, but it also can feature interesting and surprising bits of information or trivia. It's still pretty bad but I take it as 4chan but a tiny less bit retarded.
I don't get to travel much (my bad, mostly), but I even grew to appreciate the local turks, russians, poles, germans and british even more, as I now *know* that their crpg fans are quality people, to the very least. This forum has done more for my appreciation of the Pax Europea than the EU.

I must admit in shame that I haven't supported the website financially yet, so I felt like making this heartfelt and oh so cute post to let the staff and regulars know that I, and most probably many more, are very grateful for the dynamic of this not-so-pristine community. Reviews, Discussions and precious topics about long-forgotten games or series make the codex very precious to us.

ps : this is indeed a brofist haversting attempt, you can signify your disapproval by hitting the friendly button instead.
there are significantly less gay ways to garner attention here
try setting up a thread about jesus being scandinavian or some such

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron

there are significantly less gay ways to garner attention here
try setting up a thread about jesus being scandinavian or some such
I would have if my concern was getting attention. But I felt like delivering a heartfelt appreciation post because I thought it's the least I could do. This is probably the only thread I've ever and will ever make on this forum, after all.

Awwwwww.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom