Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spellforce 1: The Order of Dawn retrospective/opinion piece/weird stuff inside, beware

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Holy shit, Lacrymas, that console command makes a world of difference.
Yeah, too bad I found it at the tail-end of Shadow of the Phoenix. I was actually thinking of replaying the entire thing armed with this knowledge some time down the line. Especially since casters can use auras effectively now, I might go for a black + frost magic build, or maybe a druid-like nature + frost. The problems with mana and damage casters have are still a nuisance however.

The only thing not appearing in-game is the woman.
It's the protagonist, yes female canonically.

I find the RTS part very boring, the fact you only play with the light races doesn't help.
Not true, you got to command orcs and dark elves, like you did in original spellforce.
Yeah, I kinda had a feeling that woman is actually you if you are playing as a woman, but I didn't say anything because her armor isn't like anything you can find. As for orcs and dark elves in 2, I guess I didn't reach that point.

Rarre

Educated
I bougth this game when It was released, an old friend keep my game box... Always wanted to play it MP. Anyone know if you can play it MP now? Mates and me are organising a LAN party hahha maybe this game and Artemis would be good picks

Dodo1610

Arcane
You can actually get her armour in Spellforce 2 or at least a set that looks like it
137925-aleni.jpg

One of the things I loved the most about Spellforce 2 is that all except 2 of your companions are part of your family which means that they know each other and you don't just get their backstories presented on a silver platter. Instead, you only get hints during their banter, which is something the game does a lot. Most of the maps you travel through give you hints about what happened there but they never just tell you the full story.
Also, I like how the story progresses you start fighting with the light side factions to protect your homeland and in the second half the tone shifts and you conquer lands with the dark factions in order to get revenge.

Dr1f7

Scholar
For anyone who is interested in this game, I just found out an invaluable console command - AppSession:SetTimeMultiplier (x), x can be any number and it multiplies the speed by that amount, 2 is two times as fast, 10 is 10 times as fast, etc. Nowhere is this command documented and I found it in a GOG post. To bring up the console, hold Ctrl + ]
omg thx bro I was about to drop the game (despite really liking it) because everything felt too slow but after cranking it up to 1.5 or 2x speed it feels perfect
u my man dawg a real G
:hero:

Rarre

Educated
For anyone who is interested in this game, I just found out an invaluable console command - AppSession:SetTimeMultiplier (x), x can be any number and it multiplies the speed by that amount, 2 is two times as fast, 10 is 10 times as fast, etc. Nowhere is this command documented and I found it in a GOG post. To bring up the console, hold Ctrl + ]
omg thx bro I was about to drop the game (despite really liking it) because everything felt too slow but after cranking it up to 1.5 or 2x speed it feels perfect
u my man dawg a real G
:hero:
Can I use it in multiplayer?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom