Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok, listened to Nerd Commando almost 3 hour video how he does not care about Colony ship.

Notable points:

There is no true love.
Vault Dweller hates Christianity and makes fun of them.
It is better to make game for 5 million than nich game for 5 thousands.
Game promotes immoral and questionable choices, game should insprite people to do good things.
This is worst game, after this game Nerd Commado will stop reviewing hardcore crpgs, because he had enough.
Game should not be realistic, you need make game where good things happen.
RPG Codex are evil jerks, RPG codex is mentioned several times in video.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
If you have have 2 hours 42 minutes to spare, best part of video is from 2:30:00 to 2:42:00

Alphons

Cipher
Chief Justice mentions before the final case that some defendants hire public defenders (like in that fight).

Any chance we'll get the option to choose between prosecution and defense in the future?

Thal

Prophet
Is there an definite ending to the Chapter 1 or does it just hang there? I seem to have run out of things to do after killing Braxton. Can't seem to to anything in Hydroponics, since I don't have STR to climb the tower, where I presume the quest items for Carlos are.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Phew, managed to beat the final fight in the regulator storyline. By far the hardest fight in the game for this build, wound up using an absurd quantity of consumables(think the final tally was something like 3 low tier gas, 3 low tier flashbangs, 1 high tier gas, 1 medium tier smoke, 2 low tier smoke and one disruptor, as well as 1 aggro and one stim) and even then I survived with only 17 hp and all my allies dead. I think the regulators you get to help you in this quest are practically useless. The only one I ever get in value out of is the melee guy, but his init is so low he always dies before acting in the second fight. The rest have an awkward tendency to get shot even when in -80% smoke (I guess some of the enemies have thermal goggles?) and are so bad with their guns they can barely hit something at point blank.

How are the regulators going to maintain law and order when their "crack troops" are worse shots than the average low life scum who hangs out in the outskirts?

I've done 4 more or less complete runs of chapter 1 now. Game is a lot of fun, and I kinda want to play more but I also know I shouldn't since I might burn out before the full game.

Anyway here's my first attempt at an ""optimal"" lone wolf combat character, I think I did all content in the EA (minus perhaps one of the frog fights)
580645957A2E9C285532858C12FB53625A241227

As you can see, I tagged every combat skill I used. I also started with all the combat skills except CS at 0, instead using the starting skill points on important things like computers and electronics. I also shamelessly took just enough con to get all the relevant implants for combat that are in chapter 1.

Also some serious feedback: There needs to be a way to inspect the status of the enemies. It's really hard to tell (I'd even go so far as impossible) what gear they are wearing and what debuffs they are affected by. Which matters a lot because otherwise you are reduced to trial and error with the various grenade types, and hoping you can catch the relevant line in the combat log before it scrolls by under the 10 consecutive enemy turns.

More feedback: I think the difficulty curve in the ea is a bit weird. It's fairly easy to get stuck early on because you didn't manage to hit level 3 in a particular noncombat skill. Then you manage to struggle your way past one blocker and suddenly find yourself swimming in good gear and skill xp, letting you progress along a lot of different quests and encounters with relative ease.

I also think it's kind of a shame that there aren't more perks that aren't combat related. Would be nice to have at least a few perks that interacted with the reputation or faction standing system, and one or two for the dialogues.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>I think the regulators you get to help you in this quest are practically useless.
Martinez isn't such a bad shot. But yeah, gambling with 5% is kind of so-so with the rest. I find it best to give Faybae energy rifle and the feat that increases accuracy with it. Then let her pop heads with aim shots - does wonders, I tell you what. Second siege however is bit more precise with how you play. You have to try to get rid of the first group before Jonas and his squad shows up; or at least as many as you can. I like to position the grunts somewhere in front of Faybae. So they take all the damage while she makes good use of energy rifle. Not only is Martinez a good shot, he's also a nice bullet sponge too! Also helps immensely if you saved up all the energy ammo too for the siege. More cells equal more devastation. Of course it goes without saying that you should smoke, gas, and flashbang that little corridor. Gas is the big one. It softens the little bastards.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Ok, listened to Nerd Commando almost 3 hour video how he does not care about Colony ship.

Notable points:

There is no true love.
Vault Dweller hates Christianity and makes fun of them.
It is better to make game for 5 million than nich game for 5 thousands.
Game promotes immoral and questionable choices, game should insprite people to do good things.
This is worst game, after this game Nerd Commado will stop reviewing hardcore crpgs, because he had enough.
Game should not be realistic, you need make game where good things happen.
RPG Codex are evil jerks, RPG codex is mentioned several times in video.

Whatever caused the poor man to go off the deep end, anyway?

His own most recent game, for a fascinating comparison:
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic....a60077281e9e935d57.1920x1080.jpg?t=1585326662

jackofshadows

Magister
Phew, managed to beat the final fight in the regulator storyline. By far the hardest fight in the game for this build
The hardest set of encounters in the entire game currently, yeah. I beat it siding with Mercy with this (Jed died to series of crits, shoul've picked tough bastard for him instead of armored warfare since he was the main meat shield in the siege stage)
D3F5238303C2019321FD4AF9FD91875AA7654654
My tactic was: Evan with fast draw throws smoke on entire party, Faithe shooting heads with energy rifle like Pink Eye did as well in the cloacking shield and after enemie's turn, all except faithe and mc rush forward behind Jed's back. Then couple of low-grade flashbangs and it's over except that Jed was heavily wounded. Second fight - again, as Pink Eye said it's obvious to smoke and gas the corridor while focusing Caleb and other dudes one by one. Doorman IIRC have impressive armor and tough bastard trait so it's better to save energy cells for him (same goes for Braxton himself later on). Focus Jonas as soon as he enters the hall.

It's probably a lot tougher with lone wolf char, I'll try later today with this borrowed build from some ITS forum guy
B824731F27D63228C0F2711CD935AC5E582482C9
Will see how tough it's gonna be, I don't think too much - 3 invis turns with insane output damage should be no joke even for this supposedly long fight sections. Playing this build made me realise that it's not actually the best idea to chase all the implants, dex/per are too valuable stats for any ranged char and obviously mastermind is totally viable, cvv was right all along. The question is - how fast skill-cap/soft-caps could be reached without mastermind in the full game but even here picking it doesn't gimping early game too much as well as combat-related stats.
There needs to be a way to inspect the status of the enemies.
You can just hover over and see their debuffs, same as for MC. As for their gear, unfortunately fixated camera plays against it sometimes, yeah.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ahaha. Speak of the devil. Was doing this fight and I lost all my regulator pals on first turn - they took too much damage on first part of siege. Was just down to me and Faybae to pull through. Was *very* epic! Simply amazing!
sKcjoJK.png

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Tagging a battery for trade, then going to the gadget screen, adding it, and clicking trade messes things up.

Couldn't reproduce this one. Any more details?

I just tried and I can't do it again either, can't even get to the gadget screen from the trade screen. Maybe I clicked really fast or something. I'm using a hardware cursor. Not sure what else to say. I did notice just now that if you unload a gun in the trade screen, a completely unrelated item flashes. In my case a wrench got the white flashing animation when I unloaded a pistol.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
pit belongs to jonas. I cant seem to find anything else to do or go. Am I done? Expected big message that game is over for now or something

jackofshadows

Magister
Other than that our main priority is the next location - the Factory, a gang-infested Mad Max-style industrial complex.
That sounds absolutely awesome, especially in terms of trying out new builds. So I'm probably done with EA for now in order to not burn out.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
You mean the cloaking device instead of distortion field?
one that makes you harder to see per in game description, was tired and cant remember names
yeah, cloaking field. Just did something similar with against samuel. Dropped samuel side guard(the one he is facing) without any interaction from him. On the next turn I was still able to walk around him and drop him dead. Its like enemies are completely oblivious to what you do under cloaking device

EDIT: also cloaking device can stay on after combat( i guess if you drop all the guards under its effect) making you forever invisible until next combat(or sneakery). If that ppens it goes offline a you cant use it as it never had time to recharge

Last edited:
Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Did the skill progression for tagged vs not tagged
xxAKVps.png

every square is about ~100xp
for tagged line i just halved the xp required... hopefully this is not a thinking error...
and guesstimated lvl 10 to 11 to require twice the xp from 9to10, ie 4200, its probably less

even at lvl 11 you are looking at max 2 higher skilllevel...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom