Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy
LoL faggots,the VA is pretty good. Not liking some voice is personal thing,bitching about it for 20 pages on the codex is a retarded thing lol. All the voices add a bit of flair and realism to their characters. It is far better than the generic western VA.

That said...why the fuck i can't take out the boots from the dead dude ? I wasted to nights for that fuck and still don't get the option to remove them.
You chose the wrong dialogue options nigga.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck i have the feeling that this release is cursed. I just got the game to replay her,then my GPU overheated and had to clean it up,then i had to travel for a week,when i returned one of the GPU fan bugged out and had to fix it,and now my OS got fucked and have to reinstall it. Fucking this is a painful week :( .

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
LoL faggots,the VA is pretty good. Not liking some voice is personal thing,bitching about it for 20 pages on the codex is a retarded thing lol. All the voices add a bit of flair and realism to their characters. It is far better than the generic western VA.

That said...why the fuck i can't take out the boots from the dead dude ? I wasted to nights for that fuck and still don't get the option to remove them.
The problem are not the voiced characters, they are mostly fine, even compared to the imho better prior state. The - elephant - in - the - room - is - the - fucking - narrator. That - is - how - he - talks.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Choose psychological option and problem solved
I know, it doesn't eliminate all voiced lines though.

is great

Clearly you have very lol T and get intimidated by him. The dude is amazing lol. Go play some western garbage and stop bothering us.
The problem is the clipped mode of speaking. He rarely reads the lines fluently, which is a big NO if I would have to listen to that drawl every second.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The narrator is good. The real dissapointment regarding the inner voices are the way they are presented. It doesn’t have to be different voice, but at least the actor could have tried portraying different kind of voices (dunno if he has the range).

But it does demand quite a lot and the director should be equally skilled. But overall what we got is pretty decent

Rieser

Scholar
I much prefer no VA over full VA, but as far as VA goes I thought this stuff was alright.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The narrator is good. The real dissapointment regarding the inner voices are the way they are presented. It doesn’t have to be different voice, but at least the actor could have tried portraying different kind of voices (dunno if he has the range).

But it does demand quite a lot and the director should be equally skilled. But overall what we got is pretty decent
Strange,i kind off recognize them by the voice. Could be confusing them.

The best actor is the CITY for sure,it always makes me dick hard when i hear her :).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://discoelysium.com/devblog/2021/04/09/a-word-on-playstation-patches-brother

A WORD ON PLAYSTATION PATCHES, BRÖTHER
BY:IDIOT DOOM SPIRAL
FREELANCE AD AGENT

SOCIAL_A-Word-On-Playstation-Patches_4-1024x576.png

Hey y’all,

Maybe blame it on the Doomed Commercial Area, birthplace of doomed dreams, resting place for every venture. Blame it on an incursion of the apocalypse in a localized space, or whatever Tequila Sunset hits you with. Blame it on a call to Abigail.

Or just blame it on us. Because it is our fault, that’s true. We’re all just human beings dreaming big, and not always making those dreams come true like we hope. But we’re going to try anyway, and try again, until we get it right. And we will.

Patch 1.3 is being worked on right now. We don’t have a launch date, but we wanted to tell you it’s coming, and tell you what y’all could expect.
  • Tons of Voice Over fixes
  • Improved Kim pathfinding
  • Fixed controller interaction during Seafort Dream
  • Fixed controller interaction with The Pigs
  • Fixed Sandcastle interaction
  • Fixed car interaction
  • Fixed instances where the tide never receded near the swings
  • Fixes pawnshop healing interaction
  • Fixed Thought Cabinet freezes
  • Fixed save game bugs
  • Fixes for Cutscene locks and edge-case interactions with controllers
  • And little bit this and that, general house cleaning after stormy development!
And that’s all we can say for now. We know it’s rough, we know it’s our fault, and we’re here to tell you it’s getting fixed.

Thanks for your patience. Keep the days happy.

Your pal,

Freelance Ad Agent,

Idiot Doom Spiral

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I found this video about the skills and this is how i imagine it. Such wasted opportunity. Electrochemistry, shivers, authority and inland empire sounds so great there.

Starwars

Arcane
I'm approaching the end of the game. Playing with the full voiceacting kinda changes some things about the game I think. For one, as well-written as the game is overall, playing with full VA really makes some of the "world-building" dialogues drone on and on. Shit like talking about the cryptids, or listening to Doom Spiral's stories. You can click through of course but the VA made the parts of the writing that I didn't enjoy all that much on my first playthrough even less enjoyable now. Unfortunate side-effect I guess.

Just performance wise, it's a really mixed bag. Kitsuragi is great, Evrart is great. I think Klaasje VA absolutely nailed the character, maybe my favorite of the bunch. Cuno is less memorable now but also a bit easier on the ears given that you're listening to a lot of dialogue.

Some performances though... the Hardie boys are *terrible* overall. Titus has a good voice on him but his delivery is so awful and... he... takes...for....ever...to...say...his... lines...

The narration works better than I expected. Dude has a pleasant voice and keeps it fairly straight, which I think is probably a good thing overall. I was also enamored with the idea of all the skill-voices being acted out in their full craziness, but I think it works well as is.

Other than that, there are lots of little oddities here and there. Though I went in pretty much expecting the odd lines not being voiced, sometimes the wrong text, and stuff like some people on the phone having a "I'm on the phone" effect, and some do not. It's inconsistant but I guess not *too* bad given how much text there is in the game.

Game is still awesome overall, very enjoyable. Got the "dance-party" scene in the church for the first time, and that was just great.

Archwizard Hank

Learned
So I started a playthrough of the final cut, partly to get a more complete idea of what I'm going to hypothetically "fix" with my increasingly hypothetical "mod" that I've been going on about in this thread, and partly because I found out the Final Cut was compiled with IL2CPP, which is basically Unity modding kryptonite. It doesn't make the dream impossible, but it makes it really fucking difficult. Like, nightmarishly so.

And holy fucking shit. Everyone's been focusing on Cuno or Jean or Klaasje, but the whole first encounter with Evrart is utterly ruined. Both versions are effectively the same voice at a glance - a kind of nasally, high-pitched, slimy English guy - evocative of shitty internet pundits like Jim Sterling who, much like Evrart, are content to virtue signal from behind the comfort of a desk while the world around them burns. The key difference here, though, is that the original voice was much more subdued and professional. It gave off an impression that Evrart isn't anyone to fuck with, and he's a big deal. The new voice is like someone doing a comical impression of the original voice. It's over the top, cartoonish even, less so "Jim Sterling has trapped you in an uncomfortable chair and is reading you news about things you don't care about" and more so "you're still trapped in a room with Jim Sterling, but now he's doing that horrible voice he does when he reads comments from people who don't like him."

The worst part, though, is that the echo of "lost gun" is no longer his voice, which was (in my opinion) one of the strongest aspects of the encounter with him. Instead it's spelled out slowly and methodically by the skill narrator.

The voice of the horrific necktie rules though.

Last edited:

mister_matt

Educated
First time playing through the game, and there's enough backtracking from one end of the map to the other in this game to give Donkey Kong 64 a run for its money. Not really interested in replaying this; running around all over the place was a tedious exercise even during the game's more interesting moments.

Old Hans

Arcane
I just picked this game up and it is funny as hell. I love talking to Gart

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom