Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Huh. Did they actually fix random new world generation at some point or did you just get really lucky? I remember when last I played the random new worlds didn't form realistic-looking landmasses but that actually looks pretty good.

It was a bit bugged. In the lower left corner of the large landmass there were the original American colonial regions, but only like 5-10 provinces each. And one colonial region with only one province.

But yeah, I heard that those random new worlds used to be quite small in many cases. This one was huge.

Also the trade nodes had no lines going from them, so I had to figure out how they actually connect by first settling the regions.

It was nice though that many actually went through Australia - more trade income.

Vatnik Wumao
It was a bit bugged. In the lower left corner of the large landmass there were the original American colonial regions, but only like 5-10 provinces each. And one colonial region with only one province.
It's kind of silly when plenty of the provinces maintain their historical names despite being nonsensical in a different new world.

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The weird Random New World in my game:

Image1.jpg

Huh. Did they actually fix random new world generation at some point or did you just get really lucky? I remember when last I played the random new worlds didn't form realistic-looking landmasses but that actually looks pretty good.

What kind of wacky tabacky do you smoke for that to look realistic to you? Because I want some, must be some really potent shit.

Also, lol at hyperborea being on the southern hemisphere.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

That's because I named my colony that way.

It's kind of silly when plenty of the provinces maintain their historical names despite being nonsensical in a different new world.

The province names were new. It was 5 or 6 of the original colonial regions that still remained and were very small.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Started a game with Dithmarschen. First time I play a one-province microstate.

It's probably the most powerful among those though, considering the bonuses and that my government guy has 6/6/6 after a couple elections.

Just conquered my first province too. Feels good man.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I considered doing Passau, the place where I am actually familiar with the surroundings. But being a vassal of Munich, I have no idea how I would even begin to get out of that.

Vatnik Wumao
I consider starting as a vassal an advantage in most cases since you can end up with much stronger alliances than you might've gotten otherwise solely through relations improvement (+/- a diplomatic advisor and through scornful insults). Just bide your time and seek support independence treaties with some of your overlord's stronger rivals and those'll turn into automatic alliance treaties when you declare an independence war (which they'll be forced to join).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Started a game with Dithmarschen. First time I play a one-province microstate.

It's probably the most powerful among those though, considering the bonuses and that my government guy has 6/6/6 after a couple elections.

Just conquered my first province too. Feels good man.
Unless they changed something while I haven't been playing, stacking republican tradition modifiers as much as you can and choosing Frequent Elections allows you to have 6/6/6 rulers for the whole game (the tradition cost to reelect a ruler depends on the duration of the term, so a shorter term allows you to improve your ruler faster without any downside). In my last game, I remember using Economic, Quantity, Plutocratic, and Diplomatic to improve my tradition generation and development costs, since developing your provinces is a great sink for all the mana you will drown in.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
What kind of wacky tabacky do you smoke for that to look realistic to you? Because I want some, must be some really potent shit.

Look at Americas. Would you ever consider that wacky landmass "realistic"?

i find asia less realistic, i love america for its strategic possibilities. asia is just "i don't feel like painting this, make it big and use huge brushes, i don't care".

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Africa is even more boring. At least Asia has some interesting mountain stretches and inland seas separating regions.

in realism/modded-civ4 terms, africa is my second favourite continent, it gives you some clear starting lines to follow and the more you progress the more the continent opens. i'd play it more in eu4 is attrition had any real effect. spending a month walking through the desert should annihilate an army, whatever its size. africa campaign should be waaaaay more lethal than any russia campaign has ever been.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Fucking Dutch Independence War, man. I got much of the Low Countries as Dithmarschen and got fucked by the Dutch nation forming.

Now I see that I simply had to move the capital there to prevent it.

:betrayed:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
France just declared war on me while outnumbered 3 to 1:

xd5WloJ.png
I have Bohemia, Hungary, Milan, and Burgundy as subjects and England as an ally, but they still decided that going to war with me was a good idea. I guess the AI REALLY likes to start succession wars, since Brandenburg did the same thing on its own against Poland and Lithuania:

Jo2MjFk.png

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Started another playthrough with Dithmarschen, this time doing whatever I can to start colonizing early.

The Dutch spawning did not involve me this time, but they are almost as strong as fucking France or England.

The problem is that I need the English channel node to receive from trade companies, so my plan is to fuck Holland and Burgundy once I have enough favors with France in 20 years. At some point, my colonies should give me a higher force limit too.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Just became a Great Power with Dithmarschen after conquering some African coast provinces. Will probably wait with attacking Holland until I got a colony or two in America for the higher force limit.

The interesting thing in this game is that both France and Ottomans turned out to be cucked. Instead, it is the Mamluks who are the number one Great Power.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I'm playing with the Emperor dlc for the first time and, honestly, the Austrian mission tree doesn't feel right. I've been continuously gimping my playthrough not to be overpowered in the late game by not taking some free land from France, Spain, and many German minors, and yet by 1500 I'm basically invincible, having inherited Burgundy, Milan, Bohemia, and Hungary and having just forced Poland and Lithuania into a union. I mean, just look at this shit (and I've never conquered anything apart from Venice and 10 provinces from Poland, I've been sitting on 0 AE for the entire game):

SPXVeHd.png

PenBmDS.png
The Austrian mission tree gives way too many claims, restoration cb, and diplomatic reputation. I mean, I think you can reach 20 diplomatic reputation by 1500, it doesn't make any sense. Even with 13 the chance of inheriting Bohemia is around 50%...

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Play a one-province microstate instead, NJClaw. ;)

I got pope-recognized colonies in the Eastern US, Mexico and Louisiana with Dithmarschen now. Force limit has doubled, so a beating of the damned Dutch may soon follow. Collecting from the trade in several nodes for now, instead of feeding the Dutch and English with my hard earned cash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom