Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
#BUGREPORT
when you side with regulators but are weakling so you get sent to defend the gate - I load turret with ammo only to discover that it doesnt join the fight.

nvm I missed targetting module

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
how do you get mercy to take over? Is it gated behind social checks?

nimateb

Augur
Didn't read the thread but came here to say playing a combat build with no option to speed up the combat is not fun. I guess its coming on future patch

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
This should be used when you enter the Armory and get the stale dialogue displayed before you click 'explore'
Same for hydro and pit since you have the concept art...
CmNL0J8.jpg

4. Skills & Learn by Using
You will not gain XP for killing, talking, sneaking, picking locks, using computers, fixing mechanical things and such. You will not increase your skills manually. Instead your skills will be increased automatically based on their use.
  • The main problem with a party-based, skill-based setup is that even with a 3-man party you can easily cover all skills you want to have. You’ll have a fighter/talker, fighter/thief, fighter/fixer, which is something we’d like to avoid. The ‘increase by use’ system solves this problem in the most natural and logical way possible. Your abilities reflect what you do, not how (usually arbitrary) you distribute your skill points.
sOlVeD:lol:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
y4mBn5sQpogbGQPG2Kic_AMuiwKashvQjGlqbyyWtKy-3liDfPy5LzyKuY-k92_bWiiItXXShey36LNEQpMIwVB-t5WQDv2AwIWcU3mhzMkmWoatiRRb_bRnqX5BKrXujUJ5ke0RtgOVQ2noZVq7R7Cmw0197EXuQjKIZyjwwEtt9PtXSvsGMXJaRTKdpZkpwf8

my sneak + sciencie character, quite enjoyable. Those speech checks were raised from failures, might want to try some other non combar character with skills more spread thin.
Lockpick didnt receive upgrade at start but was tagged. The way I saw, sneaky character wouldnt be able to go for it by removing tag too. No idea if skill upgrade without tag is viable.
Steal had no upgrade nor tag, completed every check.
Sneak had both tag and upgrade, will probably try next without upgrade. Dex is quite important as without it you wont move far enough early on
computer had both tag and upgrade. Im interested in trying to go for it without upgrade next time(use token).
Electronics had both upgrade and tag. Upgrade is important as otherwise you wont lvl it up at all. I will try to drop tag next time.
Biotech came for free, failed nothing.
CS received quite a boost from token in the end, otherwise im not sure id reach lvl 4. Raising this skill is riddiculous. I am not sure if assassin and talker can be paired at all but will try. With how hard it is to raise it, tag might not be needed.
Traits are cool, feats are lackluster. This character had nothing to grab, hence unspent point.

btw, does int xp bonus count for lvling up or skills too?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
btw, does int xp bonus count for lvling up or skills too?
Pretty sure the int xp is just for character xp, not skill xp. The big payoff for int is the mastermind perk for sure, +50% learning rate is really good for creating a jack of all trades. I'm quite surprised you managed to get 17 stealth reputation. Do you get massive stealth rep payoffs if you backstab everyone or what?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I'm quite surprised you managed to get 17 stealth reputation. Do you get massive stealth rep payoffs if you backstab everyone or what?
Maybe? When I go braxton route I actually reach 20 stealth rep.
Just did a quick check: going in and silently killing all 3 enemies(kill samuel quest) rewards 3 rep. Calculation might not be that easy though. You get 1 rep for entering sneak mode, 2 after sneak mode ends and all 3 are dead. How its really calculated - no idea.
Also there is no notion of body count - only combat which isnt raised during takedowns. I havent seen single time my stealth reputation came into picture. 20 is still shoplifter title.
I went out of my way to amass as many takedowns as possible, probably all there are to be gained, maybe more since that shield device thing is likely a bug, not a feature(ive gotten 2 kills that way).
As such Id say that critical strike at 5 is ridiculously low. If not for token bonus, it wouldnt surprise me if it didnt reach 4th level. Btw it could be higher than this 6 that im having - could go hard on dagger swings to lvl it up this way, also one of armory tokens offer CS afaik. No idea how much though.

Pretty sure the int xp is just for character xp, not skill xp. The big payoff for int is the mastermind perk for sure, +50% learning rate is really good for creating a jack of all trades.
thats how i understood it too but wanted to be sure. After all you can raise int to 11...

so... what are actual benefits of leveling up? Feat point from time to time? I do hope we get something more interesting then...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
who else can I recruit besides the first guy?
having a hard time alone
Jed - talk to Whiskey Jack to start the quest. Faythe - talk to Earl and do his first quest, he will send you to Faythe right after.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
who else can I recruit besides the first guy?
having a hard time alone
Go to the Earl's Office - it's at Camptown. Speak to him. He'll give you a couple of quests. One is with Chance. The other, and last, quest will give you access to Faythe - she's a companion. Speak to Jack at Whiskey Jack. He'lll want you hunt down Jed. Jed is hanging somewhere in Drain at Camptown. Don't kill him. Hear him out. He'll offer a quest. Do it. And you'll get another companion. In total, there are three companions.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
As far as I know. The reaction bonus there is for all weapons, whereas Pistolero grants it to pistols only.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Yeah, it works. Its displayed in the Invenory screen.
lukaszek its a cheatengine char, I needed that to get the xp thresholds quickly.

LudensCogitet

Learned
So I picked rifle as my weapon skill, but it seems like all of the fights (at least early on, I haven't gotten far) are in very close quarters and / or involve melee opponents that gang up quickly.

Anyone else try a rifle build and find a way to make it work?

Takamori

Learned
After overdosing on Battle Brothers, to avoid burn out decided to buy and play. So far nothing new that has been mentioned here yet regarding bugs, balance and story.
Having a blast but I remember we spoke back when the demo released regarding death animation and you said that you were looking to improve then, are they still on the plans? Or sadly due to budget and time constraints they were a casuality from the to do list?
I would love to have death animation based on the aimed shot for example, blood decals , stuff that tell an after story of what happened during combat, that sort of stuff improves the player experience IMO. Call me a grafix whore if must but this sort of visual feedback improve the RPG feel depending if you want to give a more dark tone. And the OST and the sort of hopeless feel and people trying to make through in the Colony Ship sure give a more in the downs feel.

TheSoul

Scholar
Few questions about EA so far

1.) I'm healing after every battle, is that changed from AOD or is it a bug?

2.) Are there stats checks? I've only been seeing skill checks so far (just visited hydroponics).

3.) Is tagging speech skills for companions used or is it a trap?

4.) Is it planned to include status effects in the turn order? It was in Dungeon Rats and I thought it helped.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm healing after every battle, is that changed from AOD or is it a bug?

This only happens for me when I'm in the Armory or other dungeon section. When in town, I have to heal manually.

Are there stats checks? I've only been seeing skill checks so far (just visited hydroponics).

Yeah, at least Charisma checks.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So hows the initial haul been in terms of cash influx for the EA, Vault Dweller ?

Things looking good?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom