Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Zer0wing

Cipher
Necessity is the mother of innovation, and shitty hardware is the neckbeard uncle of a better genre of gaming.
Necessity and lazyness. CP2077 is way too "handcrafted", chargen sliders from Fail4 were much more versatile than handmade presets for different parts of player characters' face and body for example, since the editor options reflect the randomized npcs too.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Necessity and lazyness. CP2077 is way too "handcrafted", chargen sliders from Fail4 were much more versatile than handmade presets for different parts of player characters' face and body for example, since the editor options reflect the randomized npcs too.
1512728494950850732.jpg

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
My fps became worse after patch 1.2, anybody else? Any fixes at all?

lol and to think you were mocking me for tuning CP2077 by saying all I had to do is look up recommended settings on the internet. Who's laughing now, smartass?

btw, in answer to your question:

Buy a 3090

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

There's a mod fixing performance by restricting streaming in data to a single thread. I haven't tried it, but people are reporting success.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

lol and to think you were mocking me for tuning CP2077 by saying all I had to do is look up recommended settings on the internet. Who's laughing now, smartass?

btw, in answer to your question:

Buy a 3090

I DID look up all the recommended settings you moron, and my game was running FINE until CD project shit decided to absolutely tank the performance wityh patch 1.2.

So the shit performance is 100 % patch specific to 1.2, because my game was buttersmooth on ultra before.

I did install the latest nvidia driver and cleared the cache, that helped some.. it runs "OK" now, but i had to turn off rtx reflections, and shadows, just running lightning at medium now.

Gargaune

Magister
There's a mod fixing performance by restricting streaming in data to a single thread. I haven't tried it, but people are reporting success.
Press Doubt to X, you'd think if it were that simple CDPR would've crapped out an official hotfix. Let's not forget that people were "reporting success" with editing the memory pools in a completely redundant file before.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...k-2077-so-it-can-sell-for-years-idUSKBN2BZ11I

CD Projekt committed to fixing Cyberpunk 2077 so it can sell 'for years'

WARSAW (Reuters) - Video games maker CD Projekt has no plans to shelve Cyberpunk 2077 and is committed to fixing glitches to make its flagship game a long-term success after a troubled rollout, joint chief executive Adam Kicinski told Reuters.

Kicinski said CD Projekt was in touch with Sony, which pulled Cyberpunk 2077 from its PlayStation Store only a week after its debut in December amid complaints of glitches in the video game.

The role-playing game, billed as an “open-world, action-adventure story set in ... a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification” and featuring Hollywood star Keanu Reeves, was delayed three times before its debut.

“I don’t see an option to shelve Cyberpunk 2077. We are convinced that we can bring the game to such a state that we can be proud of it and therefore successfully sell it for years to come,” Kicinski said.

CD Projekt released a patch for Cyberpunk 2077 last month, and Kicinski said the new 1.2 patch was a step towards the game’s return to the PlayStation store and that the Polish games maker had “friendly relations” with Sony.

Cyberpunk 2077 had been CD Projekt’s most-anticipated game since 2015’s “The Witcher: Wild Hunt”.

Last month the company also unexpectedly cancelled plans to develop a standalone multi-player version of Cyberpunk 2077.

Kicinski said that the format is more risky for the company, which has to date focused on single-player games.

In another setback, CD Projekt was hit by a cyber attack in February. Kicinski said the company did not lose any data in the attack, which was caused by a hole in an external software, and it led to only a 2-3 week delay to its development work.

Kicinski, who has worked at CD Projekt since it was founded nearly three decades ago, said the company is looking for acquisition opportunities as it embarks on a “fundamental” change to be able to develop two high-budget games in parallel from next year. Acquisitions would not be aimed at boosting financial results and would not be restricted to any geographical locations, he said.

He also said that since hostile takeovers cannot be fully ruled out in the gaming industry, the company took steps a few years ago to reduce the risk of becoming a takeover target, including capping a shareholder’s voting rights to 20%.

CD Projekt faces class action lawsuits in the United States following the troubled Cyberpunk debut, and Kicinski said the company is represented by Cooley LLP law firm.

In one of those cases, CD Projekt said on Friday that legal claims against the company in the United States regarding the terms of distribution deals with Valve Corp. had now been withdrawn.

“I don’t see an option to shelve Cyberpunk 2077. We are convinced that we can bring the game to such a state that we can be proud of it and therefore successfully sell it for years to come,” Kicinski said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
The performance that certainly hasn't improved with that 1.2 patch is the stock performance. I know now why there's a fucking red in the name.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Oddly, 1.2 has put a LOT more demand on the processor. The only things that make up for it as of right now are more cores and higher clock speeds. Very high performance SSDs can also help a lot with stuttering and hitching.

Gargaune

Magister
Oddly, 1.2 has put a LOT more demand on the processor. The only things that make up for it as of right now are more cores and higher clock speeds.
Out of curiosity, have you run the stats on it? This has been my experience as well but I've only confirmed it with the CPU temperatures, I've never monitored the loads proper.

hughjayness

Barely Literate
So much money was spent on marketing and advertisements for what? The game was so bad that even some casuals who lapped up all the media leading up to its release stopped playing it within the first few weeks. You know the game really under-delivered if even casuals can tell its a hype job.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37984/hotfix-1-21

HOTFIX 1.21

Hotfix 1.21 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

In this update we focused on further improving the overall stability of the game and fixing the most common issues that could block progression. Here's what changed:

Quests & Open World
  • Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.
  • Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
  • Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
  • Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
  • Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
  • Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
  • Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
  • Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
  • Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.
  • Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.
  • Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
  • Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.
  • Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
  • Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.
  • Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
  • Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
  • Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.
  • Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.
  • Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
  • Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
  • Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
  • Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
Visual
  • Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.
UI
  • Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
  • Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
  • Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance
  • Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
Console-specific
  • Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
Stadia-specific
  • Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom