Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jupiter Hell gets some SplatterCatting

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: ChaosForge; Jupiter Hell

SplatterCatGaming has a video featuring Jupiter Hell, which is a graphical follow up to Doom Roguelike. So, for those, like me, that hadn't heard about it, I figured I'd post some links. Looks great, smells great. It's kind of neat how far this has come. Now, on to the feature presentation:

Jupiter Hell is a classic, turn-based roguelike set in a 90s flavored sci-fi universe. Set on the moons of Jupiter, the game pits a lone space marine against overwhelming demonic forces. Rip and tear zombies, demons and unmentionable monstrosities, using classic weaponry such as shotguns, chainguns, railguns and the trusty chainsaw. All to the shine of CRT monitors and the tune of heavy metal!​

It's kind of funny. Yesterday, I was thinking of the Doom Roguelike and wondering what was going on with it.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm not sure why the reviews would be negative. The game looked pretty good from the video, though the price is pretty steep. I'm not sure it's worth the $25 compared to other titles you can get for much cheaper. That said, it would be nice, basically being a Doom RPG, if it had coop play. Yes, I'm aware it's turn based, but there are ways of doing it while still being turn based. The original Doom was fantastic with coop, I think this would be as well.

The Red Knight

Erudite
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995425192/recommended/351480/

At least some potato indie devs seem to be inlfluenced by the online trade culture that evolved on Allegro. It's common for the sellers there to religiously aim for 100% positive reviews (I don't know how much it actually affects sales there, though back when it was just an auction site, the presence of negative reviews usually meant the seller is some sort of a scammer), and the more extreme cases will pester you with e-mails, IM messages and even phone calls about how much of an asshole you are for not giving them a 5/5 rating for the transaction or how according to them you're legally required to leave a positive rating if you receive the goods (though the sane ones are more likely to just add a comment with their point of view to the negative review, or offer some tempting-for-a-normie shitty freebie or a free-shipping replacement for the faulty product with an implication that you would instead praise them for the service and friendly approach). Doesn't translate well to the wholly-subjective entertainment industry and/or an environment like Steam.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
He plays like dofus. Doesn't take cover, doesn't save modpacks, don't notice what he picked up.
Probably difficulty level is what saved him.

fork

He does that with every game; misses some really obvious and/or important mechanic.
But he shits videos out like a conveyor belt, so I guess the superficiality is unavoidable.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I used to like his videos a few years ago, but now I have to really want to know about a game in order to watch his videos. That said, he does crank out videos on a lot of games I'd never have known about if he didn't do a video on them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom