Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hopeless Dregs synergies with Early Access

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Discrete Tense; Hopeless Dregs

Hopeless Dregs has an Early Access release on Steam. The tactical RPG is currently on sale through April 16th for 15% off, bringing the price down to $8.49US. Charge in to battle in a semi-hopeless resistance to an evil occupation, train your dudes, get loot, and save the world! Or at least, that land on that map. Here's some hype stuff:

• Fast game session - enjoy upgrading your characters from zero to hero for a short time. It will allow you to try many strategies without losing tones of time but still enjoying it.
  • Permanent death - characters will die permanently what will make you caring about each team member.
  • Bosses - each boss has his own abilities and team. You'll have to know weaknesses and strengths of each of them to be successful in beating the game.
  • Synergy - due to flexible ability system, you'll manage your team members in a such way that they will support each other.
  • Unique abilities - each character will have unique abilities depending on what equipment and class he has.

I'm not quite sure how Perma-Death makes me care about the characters more. It raises the stakes for sure, but it doesn't make me care for them more knowing they could die at any given battle.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
It is quite strange the amount of trash being floated on the front page of the Codex lately. I understand the absence of quality new RPG's out these days, but the few on the page now look like utter shit.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
It is quite strange the amount of trash being floated on the front page of the Codex lately. I understand the absence of quality new RPG's out these days, but the few on the page now look like utter shit.

If there is nothing worthy to post just don't post, it's not rocket science. Or else just rename the forum RPGwatch 2.0 at this point. Unfortunately we have attention whores not moderators.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I've sent a PM to Proverbius with links, but he ignored it. Figured these would be more interesting.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've sent a PM to Proverbius with links, but he ignored it. Figured these would be more interesting.

This looks more like Infinitron news (where is he, BTW?), rather than Saint_Proverbius style.
I have to admit I do enjoy our recent News Diversity Initiative, even if I will never have the time to try 90% of these games (and some of them are probably not worth the time anyway).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom