Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sentinel: Cursed Knight masters Release

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Netherstudios; Sentinel: Cursed Knight

Sentinel: Cursed Knight has been released on Steam. It's now on sale through April 15th for 15% off and is $11.89US. The CRPG boasts about character options to suit your play style, gigantic dungeons, big story, fields of critters to murder, and many other exciting things. Here's some stuff:

Sentinel: Cursed knight is a single player RPG which sets in the land of Kasweihn. You are a knight of the holy order to investigate what went wrong in the Kasweihn area, sent by king Rethvor. The king hasn't heard anything from the region for months and it seems that no-one who entered came out recently. You are sent in and uncover the grueling horrors of darkness that has set in the Kasweihn region.

You first start with a couple of items but slowly further in the game you can level up, gain more equipment and be able to use more abilities as your stats increase. There is a large open world ready for you to explore and all secrets to uncover! Rich lore litters the landscape with different voice acted NPC to talk to and discover what happened in Kasweihn. As well as difficult bosses to defeat, powerfull demons to master and legendary equipment to find and use against the darkest of forces. Or, become one of them as you corrupt yourself and gain the power to use demonic abilities.​

Oh man. I can be good or evil? If only!

Curratum

This is like Two Worlds 1, but with performance issues.

Edit - On closer exmaination, I take that back. In Two Worlds 1, the mountains weren't made with random noise heightmaps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Quite amazing, watched the trailer and I think I know absolutely nothing about the game... The narrator guy sounds like someone from some over the top British parody or something. Very underwhelming.

Just checked out the screenshots. They're doing this AWFUL chromatic aberration thing on the edges everywhere. Wish that crap would just go out of fashion for good.

ss_c388c62f10256b14a6d9eb82c64ae50bb547a398.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

A horse of course

Quite amazing, watched the trailer and I think I know absolutely nothing about the game... The narrator guy sounds like someone from some over the top British parody or something. Very underwhelming.

Just checked out the screenshots. They're doing this AWFUL chromatic aberration thing on the edges everywhere. Wish that crap would just go out of fashion for good.

ss_c388c62f10256b14a6d9eb82c64ae50bb547a398.1920x1080.jpg

Why did you post a screenshot of RIFT?

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I grabbed it. The Steam page description was enough to interest me and it's only 11 bucks, so why not. I'm pretty sure i'll enjoy it, it looks like my kinda obscure, indie RPG that is rough around the edges but features satisfying gameplay.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
When will devs learn that they need to put gameplay in their trailers?

The thing I find missing the most in trailers are things like the character system and inventory. I want to see those in there somewhere since that's one of the important parts of a CRPG. On a lot of these, they just show the character fighting and rolling around a lot.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
When will devs learn that they need to put gameplay in their trailers?

The thing I find missing the most in trailers are things like the character system and inventory. I want to see those in there somewhere since that's one of the important parts of a CRPG. On a lot of these, they just show the character fighting and rolling around a lot.

Most indie RPGs will never show these because their systems are underbaked and ugly.

Mine included probably.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Good voice actor for the shill trailer, shit graphics and gameplay judging by the screenshots so a stinking turd really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom