Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For Honor

Generic-Giant-Spider

YOU JUST WANT TO KILL EVERYTHING PURE IN THIS WORLD.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I went back to play this and I have to rant what I hate about this game because it has tons of things I like for a game to just jump in and behead people but it had one thing I despise until now.

It's the Samurai faction.

So I'm playing this game, I like the Knights faction. I like all their characters. I like fighting them, I also like fighting Vikings as well. Sure you have some undisputedly gay characters on both sides but I appreciate that the animations look grounded most of the time and have some basis in reality. So here I am having a fun time clashing iron with brutes and gallants alike, then a Samurai fucker comes in and for the sake of it let's go with Shinobi.

Oooh here comes Shinobi and anything that was remotely placed in reality now goes out the window. This piece of shit, this weeby little gearbox, oooh I want to punch my screen, just comes in and starts phasing in and out of existence and throws his little gay hand scythes around or teleports around like an asshole. At this point you're wondering why you're suddenly playing a different game because this cocksucker and his faction buddies subvert anything down to Earth. It's not just Shinobi, but Kensei, Orochi, these retards are just doing Akuma dash teleports all around you and you're thanking every Holy saint you ever read about in Darklands that this is not how samurai actually fought or we'd all be speaking Japanese today if this was the case.

Every time I see that a game has included a katana weapon in it I am genuinely upset. This weapon is a symbol of oppression for me at this point. It was shoved up my ass countless times in Dark Souls 2 PVP and it is being shoved up my ass in For Honor. I just want to play Peacekeeper and just innocently shank people but I'm being fucking terrorized and bullied by these infernal sons of cunts. Twenty minutes ago I looked up to my ceiling and called out to whatever deity would lend their ear, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?"

Hate this game. Delete this shit off my computer. I wish we never discovered Japan. I hope when the sun descends upon us all it scorches and immolates them first. But they'll probably fucking teleport and backflip and smoke bomb out of the way. I'm pissed now.

And here's me just hating the game because of its shitty matchmaking, needing to install the Ubisoft Client, the strong stench of Deadliest Warrior, irritating mechanics that basically amount to "get stun locked, then die because blocking doesn't fucking work. Also your allies can stun lock you too because fuck you" and needing to install the Ubisoft Client.
Also every character feels like arse to play.

And yes, reflex guard is a retarded mechanic that basically forces you to spin your mouse around like spaz to remind your character that he can block.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Yeah I never liked that friendly fire bullshit either, but it can come back to help you if two people are mindlessly pressing buttons on you. I mostly just hover in and out as PK if I'm ganking and just grab/stab or hold them in place for the other guy to smack 'em down.

My favorite is if you have a Shaman with you since PK/Shaman combo off one another extremely well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom