Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Biowhore and their audience need to be nuked to the seventh hell.

Ebonsword

Arcane
I only ever played on the highest difficulty and from what I recall there were some fairly difficult (as in take a lot of attempts to pass) fights in all three games. I am not gonna say that they required some extremely complex tactics or anything, but as far as third person cover shooters go, ME series doesnt lack in difficulty.

I still have nightmares about those stupid fucking rocket drones on the Moon.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I only ever played on the highest difficulty and from what I recall there were some fairly difficult (as in take a lot of attempts to pass) fights in all three games. I am not gonna say that they required some extremely complex tactics or anything, but as far as third person cover shooters go, ME series doesnt lack in difficulty.

Enemies with the Immunity ability on highest difficulties were basically invincible when the skill was active.

ME2 with this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/287) is rightfully challenging

J1M

Arcane
If only there were crowd control or movement abilities in this space magic game that could play around that.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
There is one planet called Eletania. Traversing it with Mako makes is a nightmare. You would ragequit how frustrating it is. I hope they fixed it.
Making ME2 harder than Insanity would be amazing. Lets say Legendary difficulty.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Get an in-depth look at the visual upgrades you’ll experience when Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition launches May 14. Check out a side-by-side comparison of the stunning environmental, character, and visual effects improvements waiting for you – the people, places, and tech you know and love have never looked so good.

The Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be available on Origin, Steam, PlayStation4, and Xbox One with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation5.

waken

Educated
I honestly still don't think this is something that can't already be achieved by mods.
I was going to say: being able to get ME3 on Steam seems like the one interesting thing about it, but I checked and they already released it on Steam last summer. Never finished the trilogy, and my inner completionist nags me about it sometimes.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I want to know three things about the remaster.
1) Does it change Ashley's ME3 look? (Probably not)
2) Are there any changes to punching the journalist scenes? (Probably yes)
3) Are there any changes to the endings? (Probably not)

Tytus

Arcane
Why does Garrus has wet seaweed hanging from his armor in ME2 LE?
Also Thane now looks even more like a fish-boy.
Not to mention there are no shadows on the ground on the presidium anymore.
Great work Bioware.

BBMorti

Arcane
Andromeda lost integrity what makes it Mass Effect. It was written in a hurry and didn't have quality or sensible Mass effect style.
I'm part of the plebs who enjoyed Andromeda but on that point I'm 100% on board.

Renegade dialogues feel much more impactful in the trilogy, Andromeda's milquetoast non-committal dialogues are so boring compared to a no-fun-allowed military asshole Shepard.
A horrible year.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Look, alien planets now feature Earth palm trees.

6OlDfdW.png

:prosper:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
This is just sad to watch unfold. They totally obliterated ME1's 80s sci-fi atmosphere, and I have no clue how they could be so incompetent to screw up their new textures the way they did. Unpaid modders did a better job than these hacks.

KVVRR

Learned
They needed to do something to justify selling this at full price (while generating hype over the totally not dead ip guys!) but couldn't/wouldn't do the effort to re-do the stuff that would actually need some change and couldn't be automated like the textures. Is it really a shock that nu bioware decided to completely botch the art style?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom