Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Damn, I love security cameras in Expedition now that I'm playing a stealth build.

Yes, you should all hurry to the spot indicated by those several cameras. There is an intruder here. Said intruder is waiting to serve all of you with a plasma grenade appetizer, EMP grenade entrée, and a delightful W2C hosedown for dessert.

This was a lot more stressful when playing a non-stealth spear/riot shield build, grenades or no grenades.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
i mean yeah... once naga goes online they barely scratch it on dom

They do though... there's a Skaerda that lobs blobs of rusting acid.

Ah, so: the motivation driving Styg to implement thrown acid vials becomes all too clear.

At some point, we should make a list of feats and utilities that benefit NPCs much more than player, which will include nearly everything that's very good versus a singular, very powerful opponent in a protracted engagement. The player gets far more value out of feats and utilities that either affect entire groups or can burn down relatively less powerful individual enemies very quickly, preferably in a single turn.

Crippling Strike certainly qualifies, as do most single-target immobilization and stun abilities. Of course, the player can single out individual enemies on a fairly regular basis; I don't mean to say that the player gets NO value from such feats and utilities.

CHEMS

Scholar
I like getting feats that will be useful when i'm at higher levels. You won't be needing cripling strike when each knife strike deals 200 damage.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
give us 1 possible level of quick pockets (possibly as soon as returning Old Jonas' watch, he'd be a good fit to teach you a trick of the trade, possibly if you already have quick pockets, many things are possible like more JONAS CONTENT) through questing in the world and another by means of electing for the feat during leveling - not necessarily in order - ultimately maxing the utility slots without the durka durka jihad jihad belt

give us a level of interloper by means of interloping during a quest (possibly abrams', possibly at multiple points: "damn, kid, you are so sneaky") and another level by means of electing for it during level up

rathound king, plz give a free pack rathound (for killing Edgar???!!! hunter vs packrat deep choice)

I want free stuff and I want stuff that gels with what you can elect for during level up like SEA DOG

CHEMS

Scholar
give us 1 possible level of quick pockets (possibly as soon as returning Old Jonas' watch, he'd be a good fit to teach you a trick of the trade, possibly if you already have quick pockets, many things are possible like more JONAS CONTENT) through questing in the world and another by means of electing for the feat during leveling - not necessarily in order - ultimately maxing the utility slots without the durka durka jihad jihad belt

give us a level of interloper by means of interloping during a quest and another level by means of electing for it during level up

rathound king, plz give a free pack rathound (for killing Edgar???!!! hunter vs packrat deep choice)

I want free stuff and I want stuff that gels with what you can elect for during level up like SEA DOG

Give us actual poison knives that poison when you go stabbity stab stab

Tygrende

Arbiter

give us a level of interloper by means of interloping during a quest and another level by means of electing for it during level up

I've been suggesting this as well, especially because we actually have implemented "weapon coatings" in the form of Protectorate omnilube now. Would be cool even if it only lasted for 1 hit. More would probably get too OP with crawler poison.

CHEMS

Scholar

I've been suggesting this as well, especially because we actually have implemented "weapon coatings" in the form of Protectorate omnilube now. Would be cool even if it only lasted for 1 hit. More would probably get too OP with crawler poison.

That'd be so cool... also bonus damage for stabbing in the back just like in Arcanum

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I like getting feats that will be useful when i'm at higher levels. You won't be needing cripling strike when each knife strike deals 200 damage.

Oh, I agree. Crippling Strike seems to exist mainly so that Lurkers and Core City hobos can aggravate the living bejeezus out of tin can builds.

Anyway, I deal with limited utility slots by carrying about six or seven utilities, but less than the maximum of each to save on weight. With a stealth build, you usually have time and opportunity to swap when needed... unless you forget, as I often do, which is why I'll probably take Quick Pockets as my level 30 feat. That said, every slot counts. It's down to a choice between Quick Pockets, Quick Tinkering, and Sea Dog for me now; I can clearly easily get by without Sea Dog. I might go Quick Tinkering instead just to feel I've gotten full use out of my Traps skill. The obscene power of Spec Ops Expertise SMGs and grenades renders traps fairly superfluous in the late game on this build, although quick detection, disarmament, and recovery are always useful.

You know what this game needs? Floating mines. You know why? Because there are jet ski patrols and innocent skiiers happening by on a regular basis. Mostly, though, it would be fun.

jackofshadows

Magister
This game needs nothing. What I need however is Infusion and I need it NOW. CSG is 1.5 year away (ompitistic scenario) Trudograd aka cringe-simulator got postponed to autumn, Wasteland 3 turned out to be utter consolized shite. There are so few good post-apoc RPGs around it's nuts!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Well, Underrail does need a copy editing pass over some of the recently implemented dialogue and descriptions. The worst by far is that woman in the cave at the end of the Abandoned Waterways.

I wish Styg would bring someone on board as a volunteer copy editor (or several, in the case of non-English translations) rather than relying on a suggestion thread.

Note that while Underrail's writing and editing aren't perfect, they have improved greatly over the years and are good enough not to detract from the game; besides, English isn't the creator's first language. Nevertheless, the new content needs a pass.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Styg
I decided to buy Expedition yersterday and reinstalled Underrail from scratch. I have some weird bug where the game keeps hanging for a couple of seconds every 15/20 seconds :negative:

Tygrende

Arbiter
Well, Underrail does need a copy editing pass over some of the recently implemented dialogue and descriptions. The worst by far is that woman in the cave at the end of the Abandoned Waterways.

I wish Styg would bring someone on board as a volunteer copy editor (or several, in the case of non-English translations) rather than relying on a suggestion thread.

Note that while Underrail's writing and editing aren't perfect, they have improved greatly over the years and are good enough not to detract from the game; besides, English isn't the creator's first language. Nevertheless, the new content needs a pass.
All the weird new dialogue is from a new dev that clearly has a poor grasp on English. I have no idea what's going on, really.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I love the Devastator. Just the idea of cruising around in a fucking destroyer gives me a hardon.

Be a real shame if someone were to toss a Coke can with some batteries in it at that destroyer while it trundles its way into battle with its one cannon. On the plus side, it'll offer you excellent protection while you're feverishly recharging your battery.

It's a cool-looking jet for sure. It's slow, but it takes a beating and carries a lot of loot before it gets even slower. However, I tend to prefer zooming around on the Shark or Phaser. The Phaser in particular is great for boarding enemy vessels on the first turn.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The aggravating thing about the largest jets is that there's no way to get the best large engines anywhere in the game.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All the weird new dialogue is from a new dev that clearly has a poor grasp on English. I have no idea what's going on, really.
Maybe I'm missing something but I haven't noticed any bad dialogue? The screenshot that was posted was meant to be in accented English I thought?

Tygrende

Arbiter
Maybe I'm missing something but I haven't noticed any bad dialogue? The screenshot that was posted was meant to be in accented English I thought?
That was my first thought as well, but it does feel off regardless and it's the same exact brand of "off" in a lot of recently added content. Mushroom guy from the broken camera quest, the lady at the waterways dungeon, the tattoo guy, that's all off the top of my head.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
ItsChon

What I meant is that the large-size engines are heavier, the jet skis have worse speed coefficients, but the largest engines are the only ones that don't have the biggest engines existing anywhere in the game world.

They're still capable of hauling the largest piles of loot though.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Did you ask him to show you better parts?

Of course I did. Some parts show as special stock. I should replay on the newest patch anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom