Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
all the Kruno Crowns are great DLCs and i think which is the greatest is just a matter of preference. i personally think the Sunken Kruno is the best 'cause of the atmosphere and the way they set up the dragon fight, Old Iron Kruno has the best boss(es) so it's maybe the best to leave for last, Ivory Kruno is probably the most "balanced", everything is really good, with nothing being outstandingly great... except for some NPC invasions. speaking of which, i don't think the DLCs get enough credit for doing NPC invasions by far the best in the series. cuntish at times, like Kruno, but still awesome, so unlike Kruno

oh, and Kruno is a fag

I like how if you collect all of the Krunos you can get King Vendrick's Kruno which makes you immune to hollowing. That's a nice touch. Pity the effect doesn't cross over to the next game cycle, which is some Krunoshit.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The fact that Blaine is not sperging in this thread feels like a cosmic injustice.

His bullshit alone could elevate DaS2 to a status simply unreachable for DeS or DaS.

But you cannot have everything in life and that's fine.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The fact that Blaine is not sperging in this thread feels like a cosmic injustice.

His bullshit alone could elevate DaS2 to a status simply unreachable for DeS or DaS.

But you cannot have everything in life and that's fine.

I do have >100 total posts in this thread split between 2017 and 2019, presumably spanning two playthroughs.

I've never been hugely interested in which is better between DaS 1 and 2, and I've yet to play DeS. I enjoyed both 1 and 2.

But what I am interested in is stressing that DARK SOULS 3 IS A CLEARLY DECLINED PIECE OF SHIT, AND ANYONE WHO LIKES IT IS A DECLINE ENABLER AND ALSO A PIECE OF SHIT.

vota DC

Augur
This game killed my love for the franchise so bad that until this day, i haven't played Dark Souls 3.

But DS3 is a great game!
Everyone is Usain Bolt. When there are bosses or miniboss like pus man around you are a double black: Usain Bolt and Ray Charles.
They changed poise and ruined it.

Only advantage is that having finished both Dark Souls 2 and 3 on steam I would like to play mods but Dark Souls 2 mods doesn't work much to me. For example I am using Dark Souls 3 modern firearms with cheat engine that set infinite ammo (with zero stagger and high cost of darts I think it would be impossible to play). Dark Souls 2 have mods that change monster speed but make the game crashes, it doesn't tolerate cheat engine for some reason....that is bad because there very promising mod for Dark Souls 2.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I guess i have a lower threshold for quality because i still liked this game a lot.

It probably has to do with the fact the formula itself is such a breath of fresh air from the popamole garbage that is common nowadays even the jank becomes tolerable, and ho my the jank:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cgzt-LASeU

Favored part not mentioned in the video: the falconer armor has a falconer glove texture, but on the wrong arm lmao.

Still, game is teh hard, areas, while often wierd and convoluted, still require exploration, gameplay still punishes you if you are a retard etc. It's the same principle for why it is more fun to play second or third rate boomer shooters as opposed to AAA modern popamole garbage. At least with the ghetto boomer shooters you are still getting non-popamole gameplay, even if it comes with a lot of rough edges.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This game killed my love for the franchise so bad that until this day, i haven't played Dark Souls 3.

But DS3 is a great game!
Everyone is Usain Bolt. When there are bosses or miniboss like pus man around you are a double black: Usain Bolt and Ray Charles.
They changed poise and ruined it.

Only advantage is that having finished both Dark Souls 2 and 3 on steam I would like to play mods but Dark Souls 2 mods doesn't work much to me. For example I am using Dark Souls 3 modern firearms with cheat engine that set infinite ammo (with zero stagger and high cost of darts I think it would be impossible to play). Dark Souls 2 have mods that change monster speed but make the game crashes, it doesn't tolerate cheat engine for some reason....that is bad because there very promising mod for Dark Souls 2.

I was going to ask about mods.

Anything that fixes bugs and touches on graphics a bit? I don't want radical gameplay changes. Still not comfortable about that in a game like this, and i still want to try the online features (diminished as they are).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, i decided to make another playthrough as my first one was complete shit.

Doing a full company of heroes run, except for the bosses that have summonable NPCs with quest lines. I skipped all of those on my first playthrough because i wanted to do the bosses solo but seeing that most of the bosses in the base game are retarded there wasn't much of a point.

fork

Well, it's an exaggeration; DS3 is a declined piece of shit compared to the other Souls games, but it's still great when compared to the industry standard.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's curious how DS3 is decline in completely different ways from DS2.

DS2 suffered from a troubled development. DS3 by contrast just feels cynical. As if Myazaki was bored to shit with the setting but had to make another one 'cause moniez.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

DS2 suffered from a troubled development. DS3 by contrast just feels cynical. As if Myazaki was bored to shit with the setting but had to make another one 'cause moniez.

Oh come on.
The next step is to say DS2 is better than DS3, will you do this?

fork

The level design is way better than DS3. Art design is way better, everything is way better than DS3. If you think DS3 is better than 2, you're retarded tbh.

2 is better than 3 in pretty much everything except bosses, combat "feels" and graphics. Though I'm not a big fan of that dull colorless look either.

The atmosphere is very uneven, meaning you never forget you playing a fucking videogame (and not the best one), immersion zero.

Yes when I play Dark Souls III I feel like I'm in real life.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Oh come on.

aaf.png

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Oh come on.

It's a toss up between jank and cynicism. I cannot honestly pick one. DS2 is full of lol crap, while DS3 is professionaly made but just feels uninspired. The recycled NPCs for instance left a serious bad taste in my mouth.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The only good thing in DS3 is some of the boss fights. It has some of the greatest boss encounters in the series imho. But it's literally the only good thing about it. It has the worst levels in the series, too many very open spaced levels, the highest amount of retarded swamp/water levels (even the fucking DLC has some of that, what the fuck), the most linearity, the most boring, repetitive visuals (after 5 hours I'm already tired of brown shit and grey snowshit) and the least build variety.

Good boss fights are a positive thing to have but the souls series isn't about boss rushing. Demon Souls mostly has puzzle like boss encounters and it's still one of the greater souls games. DS3 in comparison is a massive stinking pile of shit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i'm trying the fire sword (going for a melee dark build this time) and it's a lot easier to use than the mace i used on my first play through. The thrusting 2H attack and the faster R1 sweeps with the longer reach makes it an easier weapon.

Champions covenant is interesting, doesn't actually bump HP, just damage. Makes me feel like i'm playing it for the first time as i don't know what to expect form enemies now.

Question: can you farm items with this thing? Like can i get the whole Heide set in NG just with this covenant? Or is the loot table different?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lyric Suite if you're playing the game for the second time, you should try NG+ instead of just starting a new game. Despite the bad things anyone can say about DS2, it's the only game that did NG+ right.

Fuck it, I'm reinstalling it right now. Time to fight some pursuers, I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom