Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Perkel

Arcane
gamepad, i see no reason to use m+k

Vorark

Erudite
Did you slay it? Only managed to complete the story assignment so far. Don't have enough resources to tackle him on atm, usually run out of time or cart during the 2nd phase.

Speaking of elders, Alatreon is kind of fun when you completely ignore his gimmick. Eat for insurance+safeguard so that you can tank those explosions and focus on high raw damage, it'll probably be near death after the 2nd judgement. Much better than dealing with the fire/ice shenanigans and stressing over the retarded dps check. Gemming blight resistance in helps too.

There's a new update on the works:

Ver. 15.10.00 Information
Ver. 15.10.00, which contains game updates and other fixes, will be released in early December 2020.

[Major Additions & Changes]
■ The Red Dragon siege event will now feature 1 and 2 player scaling difficulty.

■ The following items can now be melded at the Elder Melder:
- Astera Fest Tickets: Spring Blossom Tickets, Summer Twilight Tickets, Autumn Harvest Tickets, Winter Star Tickets, Appreciation Tickets
- ☆ Seliana Fest Tickets: Full Bloom Tickets, Sizzling Spice Tickets, Fun Fright Tickets, Joyful Tickets, Gratitude Tickets
- ☆ Seliana Fest VIP Tickets: VIP Full Bloom Tickets, VIP Sizzling Spice Tickets, VIP Fun Fright Tickets, VIP Joyful Tickets, VIP Gratitude Tickets

Contents marked with ☆ require the purchase of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.

[Bug Fixes]
■ Some bugs and other issues have been fixed.

Word on the street is that most event quests will also be made permanent, however it isn't clear if it means fully offline like it was in previous entries or just taken off the rotation schedule. Safi and master rank Kulve are supposedly going to alternate every 2 weeks.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nope, it's going to take me a while. The fucker hits like a truck and can easily wombo-combo you. And I have pretty decent equipment already.

Perkel

Arcane
Well since ultimate edition with that patch will come december it is i think time to tackle all that DLC. Hated timed events idea.

Perkel

Arcane
Well since ultimate edition with that patch will come december

whats that?

Just a patch that adds all timed events permanently into events tab. For example if you want to fight AT Nergigante you can't since there is no event for it. After patch you will be able to do it anytime you want regardless if you do it today or next half a year.

Sentinel

Arcane
Defeated him. The best fight in the entire series, hands down. When the monster hunter theme started playing at the end of the fight I got gaymer chills.

Citizen

It's a good game because I enjoy monster hunter, but honestly it has so much downsides I don't even know if I should just go replay mh3u or try out mh4 instead

Why does a 60 dolla game have microtransactions? Did I not pay enough to get all the content? Why does it run so bad even though it looks like blurry shit? Why does it give you endgame gear that trivializes most of the challenge right at the character creation screen?

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
It's a fantastic game . The only thing i dislike is the dull color palette and realistic art style. I'm playing MHR on emulator and altough it' s a bit too easy the game looks much better. Also no cancer CC and wirebugs moves are fun

Sentinel

Arcane
It's a fantastic game . The only thing i dislike is the dull color palette and realistic art style. I'm playing MHR on emulator and altough it' s a bit too easy the game looks much better. Also no cancer CC and wirebugs moves are fun
World has objectively more color than Rise. Wtf are you on about

Sentinel

Arcane
Hobo Elf are you actually 12? Imagine being such a pathetic nintendo fanboy that your eyes stop functioning.
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
NhXJDd1.jpg
HtpUxSs.jpg
ggvjykv.jpeg
bHDFdJG.jpeg

Last edited:

Citizen

Rise makes me unironically want to buy switch even tho I promised myself to stop buying nintendo after wiiU. If only prices for switch games weren't so disgusting in russia

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Hobo Elf are you actually 12? Imagine being such a pathetic nintendo fanboy that your eyes stop functioning.
Yeah when rise will come to pc and reshade will be available for it too we can compare it to modded mhw
That's on Series X, not PC, lol. Have you ever played MHW in your life? Jesus.
I just soloed every mob but alatreon and fatalis and behemot, so i think yes , i played mhw

Sentinel

Arcane
Yeah when rise will come to pc and reshade will be available for it too we can compare it to modded mhw
That's on Series X, not PC, lol. Have you ever played MHW in your life? Jesus.
I just soloed every mob but alatreon and fatalis and behemot, so i think yes , i played mhw
Damn that's sad.

Vorark

Erudite
It's odd to consider World as the one with muted colors when Rise comes across as a return to the more subdued map aesthetics of 2nd gen. Not really a negative because at times everything blurred together in World, whereas Rise apparently made the environments a bit more washed out on purpose, so that the hunter and monsters "pop up" and you can tell what is what in a glance. Conversely, areas in which you won't fight remain colorful, like the village.

My main beef with MHW was the overtuned bloom and eye adaptation either making things too dark or too bright. Don't know if it was a byproduct of HDR support but paired with all the sfx the game could be tiring on the eyes. It's something Rise got right, maybe due to hardware limitations, but it doesn't look like it has too much post-processing going on.

Thankfully in MHW case mods-will-fix-it:

4926-1608257485-1863060001.png

Notice how you barely see the trees in the background on vanilla.

Citizen

Volumetric fog, TAA and bloom are the color killers in MHW. Turn this shit off. This is how it looks on my potato pc, seems pretty colourful to me:
IMcuPc.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom