Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 181 24.5%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 210 28.5%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 128 17.3%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
combining 6-8 seems dumb to me. The games are so similar that it is really easy to burn yourself out after just beating one of them especially if you are using the same party for all 3 games.
Ok, there quick run down for you, why I find your statements silly as best:
1) There already existed precedent when two similar games have been merged: World of Xeen
2) Yes, m6-7-8 similar,and that's precisely they could be merged, because merging completely different games is task even more complicated if possible at all.
3) If you can't process a reasons why someone would do something his/her free time - maybe problem in your INT score and/or in rigid, strict agenda? I mean, why should someone spend his/her time on something, that your endless check list of a life proscribes as "smart", if they can just ignore your dumb ass and just do their own thing? This mod isn't hurting anyone or ruin anything, so I don't see why not.

Yes, mod has many flaws and you have right to say "it's bad", but your reason why these 3 games should be not merged is very flawed to say the least.

Efe

Erudite
I dont see "x done y damage". I can see mouse hover text in same location but not combat / condition applied etc text
you can fire aura blasters.
enchant requires 250+ weapon and 350+ accessory value
(it was my guilty pleasure back in childhood to buy shit, enchant and sell back. there is a jew in me)

DaveO

Erudite
What is going on with all the criticism directed towards game mods now? This is getting beyond ludicrous. You have the right to criticize, but the Codex seems basically obsessed to criticize everything. You all need to break from that mindset.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
World of Xeen is one game just released as two parts. It was planned as one piece from the beginning.
And if so, in the end there was precedent of merging two games in series, so NWC (if it was still alive) could done the same with Enroth games. Why exactly not?
All three games set up in the same world and approximately at the same period of time (although I for some reason thought that several centuries passed) and very similar in mechanics, so I don't see any problem.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Btw, if anyone decides to talk with brother of Roland and you follow the light path - DON'T do this until you have done with the game. Because your reputation will drop even harder than with candelabra quest. I was at at 705 glorious and became -4295 Notorious. I think it's bug with reputation scaling.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yo old fagz,i have a fun challenge for you :). On the merged mod with the new path finding.

JQcma8K.png

In the liar of the wolf in mm6 blachsire. When you pass a certain place on the map(the black line on the minimap) a wolf sound is heard and enemy spawn,6 swordmen and warewolf. Sooo just spend half an hour turning around the black line and you will end up with around 1000 enemies,it is pretty fun hard battle. If you do them all at once even high level party will have hard time. It is quite the butchery. Very very fun :). Also not having ring of fire and fire blast it with the modern spells,it makes it even harder. :)

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Also not having ring of fire and fire blast it with the modern spells,it makes it even harder. :)
Isn't immolation (mm8) spell doing the same thing as ring of fire?

At the time when I reached this dungeon - I had dragon breath and shrapmetal on my wizard, hour of power and day of the gods on cleric and decent items on melee fighters, so my main problem was not werewolves or their human alies, but crazy sp loss on oozes (melee guys had cool weapons, but without magical damage and I don't remember why, so I had cleric and wizard handle things) I haven't tried to duplicate enemies to this amount,though.
Anyway, I remember elemental spells being really weak in terms of offensive power even in original mm6, so even in that version of the game this would have been a challenging fight imho.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also not having ring of fire and fire blast it with the modern spells,it makes it even harder. :)
Isn't immolation (mm8) spell doing the same thing as ring of fire?

At the time when I reached this dungeon - I had dragon breath and shrapmetal on my wizard, hour of power and day of the gods on cleric and decent items on melee fighters, so my main problem was not werewolves or their human alies, but crazy sp loss on oozes (melee guys had cool weapons, but without magical damage and I don't remember why, so I had cleric and wizard handle things) I haven't tried to duplicate enemies to this amount,though.
Anyway, I remember elemental spells being really weak in terms of offensive power even in original mm6, so even in that version of the game this would have been a challenging fight imho.
lol no,Dark magic is total shit. You run out of mp after a fight or two. The best offensive spell in all the games was the fire blast. Sparks is also very powerful if you invest in air. With two archers and a sorc i could clean the whole dragonsand with me air magic. Also my post was about fighting nearly 1000 enemies at once,everyone could clean the fucking dungeon in day without resting lol.

And no immolation is a fire shield aura,it damages enemy that are in melee. While fire ring just damages enemies in certain radius around you,it was very useful for the terminators in the bunker dungeon.

Efe

Erudite
probably no cloud saves if it ever was a thing.
being less integrated with uplay is good news.

DaveO

Erudite
A GoG release is possible, but M&M has been mismanaged since MM7 and I don't see that changing any time soon.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
sooo i finished the mm6 part,and decided to check out the other words and the enemy buffing option. And it is really bad,the enemy just got some health buff and now a goblin have as much hp as a fucking titan in mm6. Also you don't have an incentive to keep on playing because at this point you already have any thing worth having.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Dunno spoiler or not, but if someone will do Verdant (npc from mod) questline, you will need gems (I think from any continent would suffice, but I am not sure, tested on mm8 gems) one each: Zircon, Iolite, Citrine, Amber, Amethyst, Topaz, Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Diamond.
You will also need round crystal from Stone City (guarded area) and whisp wrappings (from Corlagon estate dungeon in Ironfist).
Also you will need somehow take part of portals in elemental planes, but not sure if possible before quest.
Also you will need some chaos creature or something and this is pisses me off, because I don't understand where the fuck it could be and I finished already all mm6, mm7 and mm8 content and have a "small" fatigue from all this giagentic amount of content.

Edit: turns out - you just need to go through portal into plane to get part of portal.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Dunno spoiler or not, but if someone will do Verdant (npc from mod) questline, you will need gems (I think from any continent would suffice, but I am not sure, tested on mm8 gems) one each: Zircon, Iolite, Citrine, Amber, Amethyst, Topaz, Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Diamond.
You will also need round crystal from Stone City (guarded area) and whisp wrappings (from Corlagon estate dungeon in Ironfist).
Also you will need somehow take part of portals in elemental planes, but not sure if possible before quest.
Also you will need some chaos creature or something and this is pisses me off, because I don't understand where the fuck it could be and I finished already all mm6, mm7 and mm8 content and have a "small" fatigue from all this giagentic amount of content.

Edit: turns out - you just need to go through portal into plane to get part of portal.

Thing is, she gave me a quest to find some thingamajingy from the Dark Dwarf mines in Alvar and... I don't know where to find her to bring it back to her :lol:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Thing is, she gave me a quest to find some thingamajingy from the Dark Dwarf mines in Alvar and... I don't know where to find her to bring it back to her :lol:
She can be called through connector gem or visited in Regna (shop with spells). I have no idea where to find her on other continents, so I used connector gem (it darkens when have charges)
Use gem as potion. Connector gem recharged with passage of time or by intercontinental travel (last never worked for me though).

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Btw, I found how to reach location with chaos creature, all three games should be finished and then Verdant contacts party and then you should past town portal in pit, where Escaton's crystal was.

I hope you guys love teleporting hostile cactuses (which also can see through invisibility), because every time when you attempt to lift your ass from the ground with fly spell on new mod location (where you should find chaos creature, btw it's can be reached by casting town portal in place where crystal was in Ravenshore, after ending all three games) they spawn on you.

Also I hope your first character (first created character) is some with a lot of health or can cast invisibility, because be ready to run around like mad, in search of your team members (you will be separated).

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Well, it turned out that apparently, you can finish mod without gathering all crap for this shitty rod that I described earlier.

That quest was apparently to "save" heroes who was lost according to plot of a mod. Aside gems that I mentioned earlier, you will need:
"Attune characters to rod" - I don't have any idea what happened, but some of my characters became mad/cursed or some shit.
10 Philosopher stones
5 Will o Wisp Hearts
5 Wolf eyes
3 Phoenix Feathers
1 Troll blood
1 Gog Blood
2 Dragon eyes
1 Focal ring
In result you "save" heroes and recive a new game plus with all artifacts that was on you (at least my characters still wear artifacts)
Why I typed "saved" in ""? Because taking someone from relatively stable world and throwing them on Enroth which is about to be a destroyed and calling it "saving" kinda a dick move. And on Vori of all places,holy shit.

Anyway, I have beaten the mod:
NK9Gsc3.png

I need a rest.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom