Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gord - adventure strategy game with city builder elements inspired by Slavic folklore

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://gord.game

https://af.gog.com/en/game/gord?as=1649904300

https://www.gamespress.com/Announcing-Gord-a-New-Dark-Fantasy-Adventure-Strategy-Game-Set-to-Laun

Warsaw, Poland - April 13th, 2021 - Covenant, a new Polish game development studio founded by former CD PROJEKT RED and 11 bit studios producer Stan Just, is thrilled to announce its first game. Gord is a single player, adventure strategy title set in a grim fantasy world inspired by Slavic folklore. The unique survival, quest, and city-builder elements will keep players on their toes as they play through the procedurally generated scenarios. Gord will be available on PC and is launching in 2022. Check out the announcement trailer below for a look into the dark fantasy world:

WATCH THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER

Subtitles are available in English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Chinese

Gord is a single player, adventure strategy game featuring developing societies, eerie forbidden lands, and remarkable mythical creatures. Players complete quests and manage a populace whose personal stories and well-being impact the fate of the settlement.

Key features:
  • Adventure strategy in a dark fantasy setting - Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn as they venture deep into forbidden lands and ensure the survival of your populace in a grim fantasy world inspired by Slavic folklore.
  • A unique city-builder with survival elements - Grow your gord from a humble settlement to a formidable fortress while your population is constantly at risk from enemy tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk in the surrounding woods.
  • AI-driven quest system to ensure lots of variety - Side quests and random encounters will send you off into the wilderness to hunt down legendary creatures, uncover secrets about the Ancients, or vanquish a nasty scourge.
  • Custom scenarios with procedural level generation - Choose from a variety of primary objectives, select the level size, the intensity of raids, the environment you’ll play in, the types of enemies you’ll face, starting resources, and even the severity of the weather.
  • Impactful Sanity and Burden systems - Every aspect of your settlers’ lives - from illness and hunger to the death of their kin - can impact your villagers' psychological state.
  • Unleash powerful Incantations - Spells vary in nature - some are offensive while others are defensive - but they all help to tip the battlefield in your favor.
  • Uncover the world’s mysteries in The Chronicle - Pages torn from The Chronicle will be scattered throughout the game’s landscapes, giving dedicated players an additional challenge of discovering lore that explains the Gord universe.
Be sure to add Gord to your Steam Wishlist and keep in touch with the latest news at the links listed below, where in the coming weeks the developers will share more info about the game while shedding light on what makes their studio special and worthy of its recent “Great Place to Work” award.

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
The artwork and general atmosphere give off strong Witcher vibes.

Last edited:

Humanophage

Arcane
>slavic folklore
>english narrator
What's wrong with it? Slavic folklore games aren't very numerous, but they typically have British accents. Thea and Thea 2 are a prominent example. Same goes for medieval German stuff. I assume it highlights the medieval, folksy quality of it all.

The truly weird part is this thing on the right. A Slavic goblina?
Citizens.png

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
You'd think one of these companies would eventually do something original like put a narrator in old slavonic (random example) in the trailer for some authenticity... Like those early Vikings episodes that aired on History.

Humanophage

Arcane
You'd think one of these companies would eventually do something original like put a narrator in old slavonic (random example) in the trailer for some authenticity... Like those early Vikings episodes that aired on History.
I'd rather they started with not including blacks in a game based on Slavic folklore. This is much more abrasive. And for what? How many blacks are going to play a *strategy* and *city builder* about *Slavs*?

The narrator in Thea was actually quite fitting, I find. Slavic folklore is primarily associated with village folk, forests and swamps, and cosy or weird fairy tales, not so much with Slavic paganism and its militant achievements. So it is fitting that it should have a more 'Shire' aspect to it.

covr

Prophet
Patron
>slavic folklore
>english narrator
What's wrong with it? Slavic folklore games aren't very numerous, but they typically have British accents. Thea and Thea 2 are a prominent example. Same goes for medieval German stuff. I assume it highlights the medieval, folksy quality of it all.

Citizens.png

Slanvngger, a horrible creature. I avoid them whenever I can.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I'd rather they started with not including blacks in a game based on Slavic folklore. This is much more abrasive. And for what? How many blacks are going to play a *strategy* and *city builder* about *Slavs*?

Actual Black gamers I know of wouldn't care less about the race of characters they play.
This is to satisfy game journos so they don't downrate the game because of supposed 'racism'.

Aemar

Arcane
>slavic folklore
>english narrator

Citizens.png

Slanvngger, a horrible creature. I avoid them whenever I can.
aL0Gj2A_700b.jpg

Niggelf, or black elf, as seen here in Netflix's The Witcher. Those that live inside bigger human settlements sometimes are also known as ghetto elves.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Given that I loved Thea 2 (not Thea 1 for some weird reason) I am very excited for this.
Building and managing a small colony of tough survivors in some rough and hostile, and optimally magical, wilderness appealls to me immensily.
Also single player isometric survival horror games can work really well, as seen demonstrated by the impressive Darkwood.

This looks like it has quite a bit of potential. Games of hybridized genre often feel like less than the sum of their parts though. Still, I’ll keep an eye on this and maintain some cautious optimism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom